Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You Can't Take The Sky From Me (OPEN)

Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

Tara looked up to the captain as he started talking. She smirked as she saw Kambel walk in a little bit late and then be accused of shooting something on the ship. Pretty much everyone knew he had done it. He loved being stuck in one place just as much as Coolidge. Only his temper flared a little more frequently then Collidge’s did.

Tara’s mouth opened to say something when Coolidge mentioned the crew being butt-hurt but it shut whenever he shot her a glare. She smirked though. So long as he knew that she was going to say something smart ass she was rather content. As soon as he continued on and mentioned something about getting off at the next stop, her head lulled to the side and she looked over at the man Rhyzo. He may not have told her his name directly but it hadn’t been hard to over hear.

She looked him over once and then turned her attention back to the captain. He didn’t look like a Rhyzo in her opinion. Not that she had ever met anyone with the name. It just didn’t look like it suited him, so long as he didn’t cause the ship any trouble though she wouldn’t mind him, too much.
Kyta (played by IviCelebrindal)

Kyta stood up and started to walk around the galley, not liking sitting still for too long. "Captain, why did we leave so fast?" Kyta walked to one of the walls 'Rhyzo' wasn't near and leaned against it.

She pulls her long red hair back to the side of her head and let's it fall across her shoulder. She is wearing what looks like a pink sport's bra and a yellow mini skirt with a fur pelt around the back part of the skirt. She also has a pair of what look like snow boots on.
Tyler Coolidge (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Tyler looked around his crew, scanning all their faces, waiting for any questions that might have been asked. When Kyta spoke up, he turned his head to her, Ty's puppy dog-like eyes locked on the fidgity redhead, then slowly cracked a smile and shook his head. "Because I'm the oldest, I'm the biggest," a quick glance was shot to Kambel and Rhyzo, as while both towered over him, he very nearly outweighed them. "And because I'm the captain and it's my boat. That and the fact that I not only started a stampede of other ships, but there were people shooting at us and I didn't want to get flagged, I figured that we should have made out departure as swift as possible. Now," Coolie slapped the table, startling Charlie and adding essentially declaring the meeting over. "Someone want to go up and make sure that this tub isn't going to plow into a rock?"
Standing up, then steadying himself as his headache flared, Tyler stepped into the kitchen area, fumbling with some of the objects as he set about trying to make himself a cup of coffee, muttering under his breath. "<Drunken whore monkey piss cock> 'Eat me, Drink me' bullshit..."

OOC: Since I have zero grasp of Chinese, and trying to keep in with the language from the show, anything I put in <> is in Chinese.

When Coolidge answered her question, Kyta smiled and giggled. She pushes away from the wall as the captain starts cussing and walks up to him, resting a hand on his arm to tell him that she would get his medications, then skips off to go and get it. She hums as he skips down the halls of the ship to the hospital to get his medications then skips right back to the galley and grabs a cup of water on the way back. She hands him the cup and the medication still smiling. "Here you go, Mr. Coolidge."
Rhyzo (played by Pyrroglaux)

Aristide followed the captain’s movements with his eyes when the man set out to make himself coffee. He raised a skeptical eyebrow when the woman who had introduced herself as Kyta returned with the medication. Coffee and medication usually were a common combination for the pathologically stressed who were unable to let go and let somebody else take care of business for a while, fearing that without their express supervision, everything would go horribly wrong. Aristide started to believe the captain was one of those.

“You know, rest is often the best medication,” he said, “And coming from a pharmacist, that’s saying something, because usually we just like to pump you full of pills so you’ll come back and provide us with a regular income.”
Merrion Kambel (played anonymously)

Glancing from the Captain to the mystery man, Merrion wondered if he was the only one thinking this guy could be dangerous. Giving the man a suspicious look, he turned and started to leave. If the guy was a lunatic and randomly started shooting people, he didn't want to be around when it happened. Hesitating just outside the galley and glancing back as the man spoke, he frowned. A pharmacist? Crap, if that's true he's more likely to poison everyone than use a gun. Better watch what I eat for a while. He thought before departing.

Merrion headed straight for the bridge, just as concerned about the possibility of hitting something as the Captain. Although he didn't know much about piloting, he knew enough to tell the way ahead was clear for the moment. As clear as the bridge. Does nobody on this ship take their damned job seriously?! Getting frustrated again, he began making his usual sweep of the bridge's equipment to make sure nothing was on the verge of falling apart.

Tara continued listening to the captain until he dismissed everyone. She got up and was about to turn away when she couldn’t help but see Kambel’s wary glance at the new comer on the ship. She smirked and slowly followed after him. She wasn’t too concerned about where the ship was going, at the same time she also new that’s what Kamble was going off to do. As well as he could anyway.

She walked into the bridge and saw him bent over and looking at some of the equipment around the front of the place. “SO, how much do you wanna bet if I shot, something right now you’d end up getting the blame.” She said with a devilish smile as she plopped her ass down in one of the seats and rather childishly began spinning around in it. It was one of the seats that didn’t have anything fancy on it so she wasn’t worried about breaking anything. “Also, way to totally eye up the stowaway. I never took you for that kinda man Kambel, especially after hearing something about a wife.” She stopped the chair after getting ever so slightly dizzy and then carefully propped her feat up on another nearby chair.

She didn’t know the man too well, he always seemed to hide away from everyone on the ship so the only times she really saw him was during little meetings like that or when he happened to be grabbing something to eat. Speaking of food…she reached into her vest pocket and pulled out the tid-bit of jerky before looking up at him again.

Kyta gave the captain his medications then turned and looked at the new person. "So you are a doctor?" she asked inquisitively. She walked up to stand in front of him, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. She smiled and looked up at him. Her friendly personality can annoy the other crew members but she is sincere and tries to help out as much as she can. She also likes to learn as much as she can about the people on the ship.

Merrion inwardly groaned at the voice, both because he recognized it from around the ship and had no idea what her name was even though she used his. Of course, as far as he could remember they'd never been properly introduced, unless he had been drunk at the time. That had happened before, on more than a few occasions. Glancing at her as she spun in the chair, he frowned before moving on to the next console and noticed the gauges flickering. Dammit, again? Whoever works this thing needs to be more gentle. He thought crossly, crouching down and opening the panel as the woman finished talking.

"I don't take bets that are impossible to win." He said, tightening the loose connections. "And I wasn't eying him up, I was trying to figure out if he was a threat or not, since nobody else on this ship seems to know how to be cautious. I mean, I thought the Captain did, but then he pulls this. Not that I'm complaining."

Replacing the panel and making sure everything was working properly again, Merrion dropped into the chair by it. Realizing he was probably coming off as a grouch again, he tried to think of something stupid he'd normally say after a couple drinks. "Of course, if I was looking, could you blame me? I mean, have you seen what few women are on this ship? One in engineering seems to run away from me, the way the Doc acts makes me wonder if she's either dipping into the meds or needs to, and let's not forget the woman that looks like she lost a fight with an electric razor." Another glance reminded him that he was speaking to the last one on his little list and he quickly looked away, busying himself with the next console down the line.

Yeah, that definitely counts as something I'd something I'd murmur when plowed. Stupid, stupid Merrion! He yelled at himself in his mind. Hopefully she wouldn't make the connection or shrug it off as a joke instead of going along with her comment of shooting something on the bridge to get him in trouble.

She snickered as he said, “I don't take bets that are impossible to win." She wasn’t actually going to shoot up the ship. She didn’t hate him enough to do that. If she really disliked him she would actually think about it though.

As he continued talking, she couldn’t help but think that he was making a good point about the Rhyzo character. She was going to say something in the short pause he left but he continued on with the gay joke. So she shut her mouth. She couldn’t help but smile though at what he said. As soon as he started talking about Kyta she busted out laughing though and continued on laughing when he mentioned her. It wasn’t hard to miss the playful jab. She was the only woman on the ship with a buzzed head of any sort.

It took her a minute to calm down and catch her breath before she could speak. “I think you perfectly described the doctor and myself.” She smiled as she pulled the knife out of her shoe holster and checked the blade to make sure it was still sharp. “As far as the bet goes don’t worry about it. I think we both know you would end up taking the blame especially after your little out burst today.”

She sighed and looked over at him as she started balancing the blade on the end of her finger, “As far as the Rhyzo character, I’m not sure what to think. If he really was bad news he wouldn’t have went off to where everyone was going and waited against the wall to be seen. His name doesn’t suit him though. I’m thinking he may be running from something that he used a fake name. Then again, the captain did pull some illegal stunts back there. IF the guy had really just so happen to walk on at the last minute I’m sure he wouldn’t want his real name flying around our ship after that.”

He took a step back when the woman moved to stand in front of him. He didn’t like people getting up in his face, whether they seemed friendliness personified or not. At least not until he knew them.

“Er… Not precisely, but close enough, I suppose,” he said in reply to her question. He had learned as much about the functioning of the human body as any doctor, but he had never been a people-person and found that he was more interested in the interaction between chemicals than curing people. That the interaction of chemicals happened to contribute to curing people was merely a happy coincidence.

He directed his gaze from Kyta back to the captain. “Is there a bunk somewhere I can use while I’m here?” he asked, a bit hesitantly, because he did realize he wasn’t really in a position to ask for anything. Then again, he doubted the crew would like him to bunk up in the galley, so he felt his question was justified. “I’ll pay for the ride. You can drop me off at the nearest border planet, and I’ll get out of your way again.”

Merrion grinned, glad she was so good humored. He'd met so many easily-irritable women in his life before now, he last thing he needed was another. Continuing his quick inspection while she spoke, he mentally marked the bridge to be in perfect working order when she commented that the stowaway's name didn't suit him. He glanced at the nearest chair, the Captain's, and went to sit in the next-closest one in case Coolidge decided to wander back to the bridge anytime soon.

"Rhyzo, huh? Even if it's a fake name, it seems like an odd choice." He said, removing his gun from its holster and pulling out the clip. "Though you do have a point... if he heard the call for everyone to the galley, he could have gone almost anywhere on the ship unnoticed. Sabotaged the engines or weapons or something instead of mulling about in the galley with everyone else." Replacing the bullet that had been left lodged in the ship's speaker, Merrion slid the clip back into place. "Of course, I don't know how long he was in there, so he could have done something then gone to the galley. I'll have to be sure to check both of those areas later."

Tyler gratefully took the pill bottle from Kyta, finally getting his cup into the coffee maker at the same instant. As his mug filled, Ty carefully retrieved one pill, placing it on his tongue before washing it down with hot, black, strong coffee. With a grimace, as he was never able to keep good java on the ship, Coolie waited a few seconds, making sure his pill went down okay before he turned towards his supply officer, keeping his voice just shy of the sort of bark that could be heard throughout the ship. "Ky, leave him alone."
Abruptly, the puppy-dog look of the captain's face was gone, and in its place was the sort of stony look that could be expected of a hero of the Alliance. "My quarters are on the left side of the hall, closest to the bridge. Be there in ninety seconds."
With a reassuring touch to Kyta's shoulder, as the redhead was one of the few that didn't give him tons of crap all the time, Coolidge left the galley, stopping to interrupt Kambel and Tara's conversation. "Merr, my quarters, two minutes." Both the location and the look that Ty gave his general engineer would let Merrion know that the captain was in a shooting mood, but it seemed unlikely that the trigger-happy blonde man was the focus this time.
Charlie, the seeming mascot of the Viator followed Tyler as he dropped into his room, the dark-skinned Tyler pulling up his mattress and setting it to the right of the entry ladder before settling in to his naked bunk. Ty was in no mood to play around, and had his snub-barreled, pistol-grip shotgun already out, waiting for 'Rhyzo' to set his feet on the deck before gesturing him into the corner with the firearm, finger held to his lips as he waited for his other crewman, whom he assumed would know to get in the opposite corner and cover the lanky pharmacist.

When the captain called her the name that only he used for her, she looked over at him and walked back towards him, with a smile still on her face. "I only wanted to know if he would teach me," she said looking up at the captain with her sad puppy-eyes. "You know I like helping people. Plus, the people on this ship only really see me as a crazy person, I want to help people," she smiles up at the captain then looks back at the new guy. "Will you please teach me?" she asks as she reaches down to pet Charlie.

Aristide pulled a face when he was told to be in the captain’s quarters in ninety seconds. “What the hell…?” he muttered under his breath. He shot a skeptical frown at his watch and then at the back of the captain’s head as the man made his way into the hall. Was he serious? Could he get any more specific?

He sent a distracted look at Kyta, only half registering what she said. “Er… I don’t know,” he replied. What did she want from him anyway? He was just a passenger. An uninvited one, at that.

He made his way to the hall, figuring his ninety seconds were about to run out. He stood above the entrance to what he presumed to be the captain’s quarters hesitantly, then climbed down, turned and froze, eyes leveling on the gun. His facial features tensed into a rigid, guarded expression.

“Oh… I see,” he muttered wryly. Perhaps, he thought, I shouldn’t have said I’d pay. Now it seemed he was going to get robbed and murdered, not necessarily in that order. Not that the order seemed very relevant, though. The result would be the same.

He looked at where the captain gestured at, and grudgingly moved to stand in the indicated corner. He didn’t know if he was supposed to turn his back or not, and so he didn’t. If he was going to get shot, he’d prefer to look the shooter in the eyes.

As long as I still have sufficient blood pressure for my retinas to function, he thought grimly. He gritted his teeth and gazed at the captain with the hollow look of someone who realized he made a stupid mistake and thought he very well deserved what he got for it.

Before Tara could reply to Kambel, the captain came in demanded that the man comes to his quarters. The captain briskly walked away and she smiled letting her head lull to the side so she could look at him. “Well, what have you done now Mr. Kambel?” she asked before slowly sitting up more properly in the chair and planting her feet on the ground.

“You best get going. By the way, my name is Tara, Tara O’conly. We never really were introduced. It’s hard to miss YOUR name on the ship though.” She said as she stretched, a few joints in her body popping. “I’ll watch the bridge and make sure we don’t hit anything. I’m sure I’d get hell if I walked off the bridge after being on it.” She looked back over to Kambel making a motion that pretty much said run along, “Shoo shoo.”

Merrion went rigid when the Captain came in looking and sounding like he was ready to shoot something that wasn't made of metal, and felt his stomach twist when he was ordered to the Captain's quarters. That was never a good thing. It wasn't until the woman's question that he was able to get himself moving.

"Aside from blowing out a speaker, I haven't done anything to tick him off lately. At least, not that I'm aware of." He muttered, getting up and hesitating after three steps. He'd said two minutes. Did he mean exactly that? Would he be upset about an early arrival? He definitely would be for a late one. His crewmate speaking up again caught his attention, and quickly got his feet moving when she finished and gestured for him to go. "R-right. Thanks, Tara." He said quickly, hoping it had been an okay amount of time.

Stepping into the Captain's quarters, his reflexes took over and he had his pistol in hand the second after he noticed Coolidge was armed, though he didn't raise it since the shotgun barrel wasn't pointing in his direction. Rhyzo standing in in corner caught his eye and it only took him a moment to figure out what was going on. Though he did find it odd the Captain would call him instead of a member of the security team, he simply nodded and moved into position where he thought Coolidge wanted him, keeping his pistol ready.

The Viator wasn't a very large ship, being a series III Firefly. If it had been a series IV, the captain might not have gotten suspicious as he heard a hitch when Rhyzo gave his name, and Ty wouldn't have to have converted one of the shuttles into living quarters. And if it was a bigger ship, Tyler might have even been able to fit a security team in. But the Viator was a small ship, and everyone was left kind of close together.
"What's your name, and what's your deal." The muzzle of Coolie's shotgun turned in small circles, circles that got smaller the longer it went on and the more his medication kicked in, taking his attention away from the pounding in his head and onto the pharmacist.

Aristide glanced to the side when the one previously addressed as ‘Merr’ joined them. The man pulled his gun out and aimed it at him as well. A cynic, mirthless smile tugged on one of his mouth corners and he nodded to himself as his situation just became a little bit worse. If he had still valued his life above, say, a bottle of whiskey, he might have shown the captain his identification, but these days intimidation and the resulting fear only served to make him as non-compliant as a particularly self-willed mule.

He turned his gaze back on the captain. “My name is Rhyzo,” he growled through gritted teeth, “And I was looking for transport off the planet when –presumably, you- closed the hatch behind me. I do not intend to endanger you, your crew or your ship. I merely want to be dropped off at a border planet with a job opening for a pharmacist and an employer who isn’t too picky.”

Kyta hums unconcerned as she walks happily to the kitchen to help make some food for dinner. Since she gets the supplies for the ship, she knows what they have to cook. She enjoys hanging out in the kitchen and helping the cook make the food. She also makes sure the food is put on plates and gets it out to the galley. She smiles as she starts to bring lunch out to the galley for the crew when they get to the galley for the meal.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You Can't Take The Sky From Me (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus