Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You Can't Take The Sky From Me (OPEN)

Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

Tara stared at Coolidge for a moment and then slowly stood up. "Al...right..." she said slowly before making her way out of the room. Bringing past lovers back into a scene was never EVER a good thing. Not from her experience. "I'll see you around then..." she said before walking out. Her wording was cautiously chosen and as soon as she slipped out of the room, her brows furrowed together and she slightly looked back, almost concerned. She quickly shrugged it off though. It was his ship and if he wanted to do so he could. She wasn't going to speak up against him. He was the one paying her.
Kyta (played by IviCelebrindal)

Kyta decided to walk up to the bridge with a large plate of food in her hands for the captain. She smiled and knocked on the door, like she tends to do so as to not surprise anyone. "Captain?"

She pokes her head into the room and looks serious at seeing the captain's face. "Are you okay, sir?" She walks in and towards him with the plate of food, setting it down on something that wouldn't be hurt if it spilled, and walked over to him.

((Sorry for not responding for a while))
Sondra chuckled to herself as she flipped the safety on both her weapons, then stepped in lined behind the first blonde male as the second stared at her coldly. Ain't he a bundle of joy she thought she allowed herself to be led through the ship, memorizing the layout as they walked, knowing that it could come in handy in the near future. She wondered how many others were aboard the ship, keeping her eyes peeled for other signs of life.
Merrion Kambel (played anonymously)

Thankfully, the walk to the passenger berths was devoid of gunfire, a blow to the back of his already sore head or even an argument. He might have started to think this woman wasn't as dangerous as the Captain had given the impression she was, if not for past experiences where he made the mistake of thinking that women couldn't be that dangerous time and time again.

Turning to Sunnie, Merrion gestured toward an empty room. "You can set yourself up in here." He said, tempted to ask what exactly was between her and the Captain. She'd said he saved her ass, but Coolidge's reaction made it obvious it wasn't as simple as that. Rubbing the back of his head where it hurt, all thoughts of inquiring about the past left his mind when he felt what only could have been blood.

Shit, that's all I need. He thought crossly, curling his fingers into a fist before lowering his arm to his side again so the new arrival hopefully wouldn't notice the red on his fingers. With a little luck, she'd just go in and get comfortable for the trip to... wherever the hell they were going.
Rhyzo (played by Pyrroglaux)

While he followed behind Merrion and ‘Sunnie,’ Rhyzo tried to memorize the way to the passenger berths as well, figuring that might come in handy. Not that he was going to claim a berth for himself, though. As long as he hadn’t been assigned one, he would hole up in med bay for lack of an alternative. But knowing where they were, at least, would allow him to respond if someone were to shout “Help, someone’s dropped dead near the passenger berths.” And that, he thought, might well be a realistic scenario, depending on this woman he followed.

Once they reached the place, Rhyzo stopped and waited for the woman to be confined so he could get on with what he was doing before, reaching for Merrion’s screwdriver in his back pocket to return it to the engineer as soon as this business was over.
Tyler Coolidge (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Tyler was still for a long moment after Kyta found him, watching the stars streak by as they floated through the black. Finally, the dark skinned man sighed and turned his head towards the younger woman, a smile briefly fluttering across his face, making face take on a hangdog quality. "I'm not sure, Kyta. In the span of only a few hours, I have essentially incited a riot, fled from the lawful authorities, aided and abetted a fugitive including killing a military pilot, and had my ex-girlfriend show back up in my life years after she suddenly and mysteriously left me and very nearly ruined my career. I'm not really sure how else this day can go wrong."
With his piece spoken, Ty allowed his gaze to wander alighting upon the plate that Kyta had brought him, his peanut butter eyes scanning it, hoping that whomever had made the plate remembered his distaste for meat. "How about yourself. Are you okay?"

Kyta looked at the captain concerned. "Captain, is there anything I could do to help?" Looking at him appraising the plate, "There is no meat on the plate, Captain, I made sure of it." She smiled as she leaned against a side panel of the console. She looked out at the stars lost in thought. Staring as she watched the stars pass by, "Captain, what are we going to do now?" She doesn't take her eyes off the stars zooming by the glass.
Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

Tara made her way around the ship bored. She hadn't really thought of what to do after all that. From a ways down the hall, she saw Kambel and the other guy Rhyzo along with someone else. This perked her curiosity. Perhaps this was the pilot from the other ship? She quickly trotted down the hall close enough to see it was another female. She grinned and walked up behind the two guys looking over their shoulders. "And who is this? Am I going to get an introduction? Guess not. Hi my name is Tara, Tara O'Conly. " she said slightly pushing Rhyzo out of the way to extend her hand to the other female.
Sondra prepared to enter the room that she was motioned into when a female voice stopped her. Sighing, she turned, taking in the blonde with the mismatched eyes before politely taking the offered hand. "Sondra. Probably better for you if you don't talk to me, sugar." She turned, entering the room and tossing the small bag she had with her on the bed. "Thanks for the directions, boys. You can assure the Captain that I'm all tucked away like a good girl."

Tyler shrugged slightly, taking the plate into his lap even as his gaze drifted back out to the stars, the effect as calming and zen-like for him as watching his fish swim. "I really don't know, Kyta. We'll have to lay low for a while, and I guess we'll also have to take some off the books jobs, but on the same note, it could only be a matter of time before they look at what transponder signals went offline before we bolted from Ariel and start doing the math."
With a sigh, the Captain of the Viator turned his gaze to his food, and listlessly took a bite of... Something. Synthetic protein supplemented with vitamins, one of his favorites.

Merrion sighed quietly as Tara arrived, if only because he believed she'd give the woman an excuse to linger outside longer and decide to try something violent after all. Thankfully Sunnie, or Sondra as she called herself, didn't seem interested in chatting and went in her room after a brief greeting. Kyta, Rhyzo, now Sondra. People really do have some odd names in this galaxy. Merrion thought idly as the pilot turned back to them.

"I'll be sure to do that, and really hope it's true." Merrion replied, before closing the door to her room. Sighing and shaking his head, he glanced at Tara. "The Captain said he doesn't want her going around the ship armed, but didn't forbid visitors if you really want to try talking to her. Just be careful, she's bound to be dangerous." He told her, though it was more how he felt about women in general thanks to past experiences than anything personal against Sondra.

Walking off and leaving Tara and Rhyzo to do whatever they pleased since he cared more about helping his headache than waiting for a response, his eyes drifted to the blood on his fingertips. "If you'll excuse me, I have something to take care of." He said, making his way to the medbay, head pounding with each step. Hopefully Kyta would be there... but if not, he could ways rummage through the place until he found wherever the aspirin was kept.

Rhyzo frowned when Tara gave him a slight shove, but he moved out of the way without comment. He released the tension he didn’t realize he was holding in his shoulders, once Merrion had closed the door to Sunnie’s passenger berth. Seeing the engineer left in the same direction he was headed himself, he followed him and took the screwdriver out of his pocket to hand it back to its rightful owner.

“Thanks for letting me borrow it,” he said, and then snorted. “Good thing I didn’t have to use it. Could’ve killed her by giving her a laughing fit.”

Kyta leaned against the wall of the bridge. She sighed and looked out at the stars for about ten minutes.
"Let me know if you need anything else, cap'n." Kyta said as she pushed away from the wall. "We will get through this. The crew is family. Our family can get through anything." Kyta said smiling.
Kyta walked through the door at the back of the bridge, walking down towards the galley to get herself some food.
Sondra sat on the bed, taking stock of her belongings. Other than the weapons on her, she had some spare ammunition, a few changes of clothes, a few knives, and a leather-bound journal to her name. Sighing, she laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling and wondering to herself how long she would be left along before someone else came along. She debated heading out of the room and doing a little exploring, and even got as far as getting up and to the door before she decided not to. Best to just lay low for a bit, let Tyler cool down, or get shitty drunk, whichever it was going to be, and her not be found wondering around, especially with no idea of what or who exactly was on board. She lay back down on the bed, hands folded underneath her head, and played back out in her head the layout of what she had seen of the ship so far.

The layout of the Viator was the same layout of any Series III Firefly still plowing through the 'Verse, a fact that Tyler put to good use as he finished his meal, Kyta's parting words still ringing in his ears as he took the remains to the galley, then washed his dishes and put them away.
Standing in the kitchen, the captain of the ship braced himself against the counter, the slow whirl of thoughts and emotions prompting Ty to push until he started to hear plastic groan. With a sigh, he started towards the passenger berths, getting as close as the med bay before he turned around, heading back to the bridge, stopping by his room to get a rather large bottle of cheap bourbon to take with him. Finding himself a seat where he couldn't disrupt anything, Tyler proceeded to start drinking, and a lot. Within forty-five minutes, Coolidge was drunk as hell, and within the hour, he was well and truly hammered, and singing at his 'battlefield' volume off key.

Kyta was in the med bay when Tyler walked by. She had been making sure they had all the medications that they needed and all of the bandages and other supplies were in the right places. She looked at him curiously then poked her head out of the bay when he turned to walk back towards the bridge. She didn't worry about it at the time and finished her work. About forty-five minutes later, she left the med bay to the sound of off key singing. She followed the sound to find the captain well and truly drunk.
"Capt'n?" She asks as she walks up to him. "Are you okay?"

Merrion chuckled, taking his screwdriver back. "That would have been something to see, sounds like a happy way to die." He said, sliding the tool into his jacket's inside pocket. Then remembered who he was supposedly talking to. Maybe he could bypass the medbay, and the woman in charge of it, altogether.

Trying to make his tone a bit more pleasant than usual, he gave the pharmacist a strained smile. "Hey, Ryz, you happen to have any aspirin on hand? I managed to get a good knock on the head in that vent earlier, and could really use something to help the pain."

Rhyzo produced a quiet snort in reply. "There are worse ways to die, I imagine," he said. Getting shot in the face by the captain's shotgun probably was one of them, he figured. Quick, though, so it couldn't be all bad.

Thankfully, he got torn out of his morbid line of thought when the engineer spoke up again, and the memory of looking down the barrel of a gun retreated to the back of his mind to pester him again at a later time. He furrowed his brow slightly while he wondered at the sudden familiarity with which he was addressed. He didn't think anything of it, though, and he was oblivious to the strained quality of the smile on Merrion's face.

"Not on hand," he replied, then shrugged, "But I can get them for you. No problem." He shot a brief, appraising look at the engineer, but didn't see anything wrong with him at a glance. "Sure you don't need it looked at?"
Sondra waited patiently, or what might have seemed patiently to an onlooker. Internally, her mind was extremely active, replaying the events that had brought her to this point. A small smile flirted with her lips as she thought about the war and the bittersweet memories that came to mind when she thought back to the nights spent in dirty trenches, guns blazing and the air smelling of blood and spent ammunition. The smile turned to a grimace, however, as she caught the drift of an off key tune being sung in an obviously drunken manner. Pulling herself up and muttering under her breath, she walked over to the door, and seeing that the hallway was clear, followed the sound in search of the Viator's intoxicated captain.

Tyler swung around in his chair, a sloppy, drunken smile painted on his hound dog like face. "Kyta! Everything is shiny! No worries! None at all!" Spinning around in his chair, Ty seemed to just be having himself a night to blow off steam.
That was until he say Sunny coming up the hallway. Immediately stopping his spinning, he looked at his ex for a moment until he turned his gaze back to the young redhead. "I think it's time for the discussion I'd been hoping to avoid. You might want to make yourself scarce..."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » You Can't Take The Sky From Me (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus