Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey?

Hey there! Uh I've never done this before, I'm not really sure what I'm doing exactly or how any of this works... Although, I'm giving it a shot! I have lots of OC's and ideas and such in my head and I'd love to share them with you :) please excuse my ignorance, I'm learning the best I can and appreciate the support! Uh I have a cat, her name is kitten, she's my only pet at this time. I like drawing and I'm getting into writing. Hm... Yeah that's about it I suppose, if you'd like to introduce me into RP or help me out with it, it would be much appreciated :) thanks and have a euphoric day!
Welcome! :)

Could you tell us a bit about things like genre preferences, favorite books/shows, stuff like that? And do you mean you've never RP'd before?
You'll learn quickly~
Welcome to the site :3
Yo, welcome to the site! If you mean you haven't roleplayed before, then this site will be the perfect place to learn! If you have, then the site will be satisfactory in honing your skills. We'd be more than happy for your characters to be shared with all of us here. :D

Out of curiosity, could you share a picture of your Kitten? XD You don't have to do it if you don't want to though.

Nevertheless, hope you'd enjoy it here!
HibariHaru

Hey and welcome to RPR. I hope we can RP together sometime. :)
Sanne Moderator

Hey beans, welcome to the site! I'm glad you decided to hit us up and learn from what we have to offer, and I hope it'll be everything you hoped for. :)

We have a handy dandy New to Roleplay guide that can help you get started, and the Help section generally has a lot of useful articles. Just type your keywords or questions into the search box! If you can't find what you're looking for, we'll be happy to help you too. :D Just give us a holler and we'll do our best to answer you.

Have fun!
Welcome to RPR! Don't be afraid to jump right in, everyone here is super friendly and always happy to help! :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! So nice to meet you. :D

Have you found the chat function yet, for converting any forum topic into real time? :D

When getting started with RP, I really recommend that article that Sanne mentioned, the primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

However, when it comes to styles and systems, I can't give you a single "this is how it is here!" tip.

Our goal is to provide the general tools so that people can do any kind of RP that they want. I think that's part of what sets us apart from most other RP sites, which are often built to work with a specific system (ex. D&D 3.5) or style (ex. paragraph freeform) or even setting (ex. Harry Potterverse).

We have the flexibility for much more than one type of RP, which is awesome, but also makes it a little harder for us to tell you exactly what will be expected from you in every RP that you join here! But most people will happily tell you their expectations or what they'll need from you if you express an interest in knowing more about a potential RP. :)

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

I'm sure you're finding your way around okay so far, but just in case you run into questions, there's a couple things you can try. You can always try typing your question into the search box, or you can look at the categories in the help section. If you can't find it there, our community is wonderfully friendly. Please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!

Hope this was helpful! :D
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! Kittens are adorable. I bet you love it a lot, right? x3
It looks like Kim hit the nail on the head on her post so I'll just jump in on the welcome bandwagon. Hey there, I'm Bonebag! I use the off topic section almost exclusively, but you'll always find me in the off topic chat. I've been here going on almost five years now, and I can say with absolute certainty that it's a great place to learn how to better your role-playing and writing style. Welcome to the site, and please enjoy your stay!
Rawr~! Welcome to the RPR!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Anyway, don't be afraid to hit me up! I do bite, but not much~!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus