Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Novelist looking for ideas

Aaaaaaand what better place than a roleplay site? No seriously, somebody give me an alternative.

So instead of introducing myself (I'll skip all of it and say a couple of things: I have the Asperger's Syndrome, I tend to use some unsavory language, and I have lots of ideas but no way to implement them), I'll describe my novel. And of course, feel free to roleplay with me about it.

First and foremost, it will deal with sensitive topics to some. This deals with Sin, but in this novel a Sin is not necessarily bad - only an action that leaves an imprint on the soul. They're divided into Pure, the good Sins, or Primal, the bad Sins. The Sin order uses Spectrabinding to bind a pentagram into the recipient's soul. If they are still alive, the pentagram allows them greater awareness and utilization of their Sins.

The novel takes place in the land of Cynsla, and it is divided into four continents: Synia, Barelia, Quila, and Regaia. Cynsla was discovered on a dying Earth, when a rogue scientist pierced the boundaries between worlds. Animals were sent through one, and most humans through the other. They would land in the Celestial Realms of Aegis, Ekalu, and Syngali while their pets and those who wished to stay with them would head to Cynsla.

Fast forward thousands of years and some have evolved through natural selection. They took on humanlike shapes, losing four legs and instead having two and arms to spare. Humans have died out in Cynsla and left their technology behind. Some of the inhabitants focus their lives on recovering their "relics" in hopes of finding new technology. Few discoveries have been useful.

Most technology in Cynsla relies on Spectra (or Ether in Regaia), the energy in the air. This is harnessed in many ways and used instead of electricity. Most "guns" have shifted from gunpowder to Spectra, and those that don't are brandished by the rich. Many people use these Spectra weapons and head to Regaia in search of riches.

Those who do are called Seekers. And no Seeker ever has a good time right off the bat.

That's all I have. I'd like to develop this world more (especially since most of it was thought up in the shower) and I don't think there is a better place.
Iblisan (played by Yuka)

Welcome to RPR!
Ember_of_Regaia Topic Starter

Iblisan wrote:
Welcome to RPR!
Thank you my good sir.
Welcome to RPR! RPing is definitely a great way for your creativity to flow more in writing! ^.^ Your story sounds very interesting! I like it. :)

RainbowToRosie wrote:
Welcome to RPR! RPing is definitely a great way for your creativity to flow more in writing! ^.^ Your story sounds very interesting! I like it. :)
Aw, shucks. I never thought anybody would come out and say they like it. It takes inspiration from a bunch of games I grew up with, but the bulk of it was just spontaneous ideas in the shower.
"Hey, what about a novel where Sin is the centerpiece?"
"Hey, what about taking that Sonic OC you're so ashamed of and putting him in a novel where he isn't such an embarrassing creation?"
"Hey, what if humans are dead?"
I really don't know how it started but I am going to see it to completion.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! :D That sounds like a wonderful premise to your novel. You might want to consider creating a group for a less restricted way of developing the setting and sorting your information as opposed to forum topics and character profiles!
Welcome!

It's difficult to focus on getting just one thing done and done well, isn't it? ^^;

I'm actually used to hearing of "virtues" as the opposite of sins, but in terms of actions, that word does seem a bit off. The way you've altered the idea seems interesting, though. :)
Rawr~! Welcome to the RPR!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Sins, you say..? You know, my book (Negative 0, still in making) focuses around Sins as well, however, the more you have counts as a way to tell if you're 'inflicted' or not, and if you are, you turn into a massive crazy monster that's harmful to everything around it.
Anyway, that's going off topic, yeah? So, don't be afraid to hit me up! I do bite, but not much~!
Hia! Welcome to the RPR! I hope you're liking it so far! And to be perfectly honest, some parts of this novel of yours (which sounds hella cool for the most part) I think can relate to one of the OC's I have! Which I find MINDBLOWING and awesome!! I really hope you're having fun here, everyone I've met up to this point are very kind and respectful so hopefully you come across them as well <3
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! You've got some impressively detailed ideas for your novel premise. I adore seeing that. And it looks like they are resonating with people already! :D May you find much inspiration and fun here!
Welcome to RPR! Your story sounds pretty interesting, are you by any chance doing NaNo? :D
Sounds interesting~
Oh yes, are you indeed NaNo-ing with your writing? I was writing my own novel there, but I didn't have enough time for it and the last bit that I wrote 'just for the sake of writing something' ended up on killing my inspiration for it xD

And welcome to the site :3 Good luck with the novel~
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hi, welcome to RPR!
Welcome to the site! Admittedly, I found your ideas quite detailed that I was kind of in a stunned state while reading through it. "How did you even think of all this," one of my thoughts while reading XD

It does seem really interesting, and we hope you get to create a group with it (if you see fit)! Nevertheless, I'm sure we'd learn a lot from each other in the community. Enjoy your stay! :D Feel free to talk -- RP-related or not.

Loki wrote:
Welcome to RPR! Your story sounds pretty interesting, are you by any chance doing NaNo? :D
I've actually never done NaNo, but it has sounded interesting. The only issue for me is the time limit. Aspergers and constraints do not mix under any means.
HibariHaru

Hey there, Ember, and welcome. I do hope you can find inspiration for your books here in RPR and I do think you will. Good luck! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Novelist looking for ideas

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus