Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Newbie here!

Hey, what's up everyone? Hideake here. I'm a long-time RPer and someone looking for some fun new people to rp with. I prefer long, story-based rp. Usually 1x1, or a group of three. I'm not fond of large groups, because it either would get too cluttered for me, or it would move too slowly. Skype is my main medium for rp, though I used to do forum-based rp on Proboards. I first started with Code Lyoko circa late 2008/early 2009. My first OC was around 2010, for "Warriors" by Erin Hunter, and that is also when I fist started taking rp more seriously. I typically do all kinds of rp, as I'm super flexible. I want to be able to challenge myself with settings I'm not used to, or seeing how my character responds in situations he hasn't been in before.

I typically don't take rp to heart, and am willing to punish him in individual rp's, if the story doesn't become "canon" to the character. As in, if it comes to an epic conclusion, I'd be willing to have him, or mostly any character I make, be killed so that it may happen.

Also, I am separate from my character. If I make any of my characters act depressed or angry or anything, know that I'm fine IRL.

rolled 1d100 and got a natural 97. After the modifier of -13, got 84
Luck check!

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9. After the modifier of +3, got 12
Idle survivability

HibariHaru

Kawaii-kawaii-anime-35291685-400-243.gif
Hey there, Hideake, and welcome to RPR. Nice to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR, Hideake! :) I'm not too fond of group RPs either (though I keep trying, it rarely turns out well) but you'll find many are accommodating of 1x1 games.

Thanks for the heads up on character separation! :) That's always good to know. Most of the community follows the same idea so it shouldn't be a problem.

Are you finding your way around the site alright? If you have any questions, we'll be happy to help you out!
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hiya! Welcome to the RPR!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! I really appreciate clear separation of OOC and IC, too. To me, it's an absolute must for healthy RP.

Have you found the "launch chat" button on forum topics and private message threads? :)
Welcome to RPR! Hope you're enjoying the site and finding awesome new RP :D
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! I'm sure you'll have a great time here!
Welcome to the site, Hideake! I feel quite the same about roleplaying with large groups as it messes up the RP occasionally. Like myself, I have a friend who likes trying out new things as well and doesn't let certain events canonically affect their characters. I completely understand the separation between characters and the players behind them too! :)

All that aside, hope you enjoy around here! Don't hesitate to ask any questions!
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the internet!
Rawr~! Hey there! Nice to have you join our community on RPR!
Hope you have a wonderful time!
Don't be afraid to talk/message me (Or, well, anyone pretty much) for a chat or such!
Remember, I do bite, but not much!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Newbie here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus