Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey there!

Hello there! I'm Talonwhisker, but prefer to be called Talon.

I'm new to the site, just signed up today via my friend on a Skype group. Up until now I've mostly only done Warrior Cats roleplays, but I'm also slightly experienced in other types of rps.

I don't know what I'm doing just yet, so if someone could explain the basics I'd be very grateful!
Welcome! We've got a Getting Started page you might find useful, though honestly there are a lot of wonderful gems spread through the Help documentation. Do you have any specific questions? :)
Hiya! Welcome to RPR! This place is AWESOME, and there are so many, including me, are super friendly and helpful! Ask us anything and we will take the time to answer. Enjoy the site alright!

:D :3 :D
Welcome to our home, Talon! We're glad to have you be a part of it. :D And I'm sure your experience will also add up with all the different settings the site has to offer you, so don't worry about anything.

The link Nova provided will be useful to help you get by the site. Once you're all done with that, you're ready to check out the Looking for RP forums or even make use of the RP Finder!

Please do stay as long as you like. :) We'll be happy to answer any queries as well.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome Talon! I can only recommend all the wonderful advice and links people have posted so far with two thumbs up. :D I saw you already made a Looking For topic, you did fine! :)

If you have some trouble getting responses, don't be afraid to reply to existing topics that interest you. It never hurts to ask if you can join with your characters! My best general RP advice is to try and communicate clearly with potential RP partners about your preferences and what you're up for. It will help avoid confusion and most RP related common issues. By the looks of it you've got this down though, so I wish you lots of fun!
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hello and welcome to the RPR!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! Others have covered some basics so I'm being a little redundant, but here's my go at it:

If you've only done a few RPs before, or only with a few people, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here! :)

When it comes to starting RPs, most people start in the Looking For RP forum to find some other players. There's also a search tool that will help you find what you're looking for within that forum - click "Find RP" in the top menu, then "join game" then scroll to the bottom to adjust your preferences for game types. If you want more info on using that search tool, here's a handy help article.

If you end up joining someone else's RP, they'll let you know the details about how to join in.

If you're starting up your own RP, you have a few choices about how to proceed once you've found a RP partner or two.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

Any other questions? Just ask! :D Also, you can sometimes find what you're looking for by typing your questions into the search bar.
Talonwhisker Topic Starter

Thank you guys! You've given me some very helpful information, and I've read the pages you've suggested. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far! If you find your have more questions don't hesitate to ask, we're all super friendly here :D
Well, welcome to RPR! It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Lotus, but you can also call me Light!

I'm sure I'm rehashing what everyone's said already, but the sentiment means no less: if you need anything or any help, feel free to ask any of us, even me! I sincerely hope you enjoy it here!
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! It seems you have gotten a lot of help in what you needed in, so I'll just leave you with this: This place is great, and you'll never want to leave it! x3
HibariHaru

tumblr_inline_mv07xetIMS1rb40sz.gif
Hi there and welcome to RPR. It's nice to meet you. Please have fun.
DrDragonHD

'Ey b0ss Welcome to RPR! Enjoy your stay b0ss! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey there!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus