Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A Newbie Has Entered the Game

Hi there! You can call me Storm, if you'd like, or whatever you would prefer!

So, as the title says, I'm new, not only to the site, but to roleplay. I love to write and one of my buddies recommended I start roleplaying. And here I am. Let's see, I don't have a favorite genre as of this moment, but I am in fact a huge sucker for anything romance! That said, I still hope to roleplay with as many people as I can in as many genres as possible!

Well, that's all I can think of to say for this introduction! I hope this is enough! ^^"
Ah, welcome, welcome, my friend!

I'm glad to see you here! We should roleplay soon for sure! ouo
Darkstorms Topic Starter

Thank you! I'm glad to see you too!

Let's start up one immediately!
Hi!

Welcome to the site! Hope you have a great time here!
A roleplay newbie, huh? I'm sure you'll love it here! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light!

Everyone here is really friendly, so I'm sure you'll definitely have a fun headstart into the world of roleplay! Don't be scared to ask any questions to anyone here!
Welcome welcome! I learned to RP solely on here and this is a great place to learn and to better your writing skills :3 I hope you find many people to RP with on here ;3
Hello, and welcome to our humble home called RP Repository!

I highly suggest you take a look at the Help section! There are a lot of helpful tips there that can help you become a brilliant roleplayer! I suggest looking down in the topics labeled under 'Better Roleplay for everyone'!

I think you will also find it helpful if I direct you to the Looking for RP Forum! You can find roleplays there!
Adding to the links already mentioned, we actually have a page dedicated to those new to RP in general. You're also always welcome to ask questions. ;) So welcome!
Hey Storm, and welcome to the site! Heh, I like your enthusiasm. Well, you're free to roleplay as much as you want with as many people you like here! I think it's great to try out new things. ;D

The links above will surely be useful to you. But if you still have any concerns, feel free to ask around! We'll be happy to help. :)
RedChibi

Hi there welcome to RPR I hope you have a good time on this site !!!!!
Welcome to the RPR
HibariHaru

Hey Newbie. Welcome to RPR. It's nice to meet you :)
2pXnHOM.gif
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far! :D
This is a good site to start on if you're new, people are so nice and open here
Welcome to the site~ I hope you're enjoying your stay :3
Kim Site Admin

The romance genre is super duper popular, so I bet you'll find what you want right away. :)

It looks like you've gotten a lot of awesome advice already, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything! But since you mentioned that you are getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts.

When it comes to starting RPs, most people start in the Looking For RP forum to find some other players. There's also a search tool that will help you find what you're looking for within that forum - click "Find RP" in the top menu, then "join game" then scroll to the bottom to adjust your preferences for game types. If you want more info on using that search tool, here's a handy help article.

If you end up joining someone else's RP, they'll let you know the details about how to join in.

If you're starting up your own RP, you have a few choices about how to proceed once you've found a RP partner or two.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

This is a pretty big site with a lot of features and areas, so if you have questions or curiosities, don't worry, there's a lot of resources. Probably the first thing to try is just typing your question into the search box, or you can check the help section. If you still need more help, we pride ourselves on having a warm and welcoming community. Always feel free to ask for help if you need it! :D
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! There's so much awesome info here already I don't think there's much left to add, but in case you ever have any questions we'll be happy to help!
CosmicCometInOrbit

Heya, welcome.
Welcome to RP Repository! I hope you have settled in nicely especially with all the warm welcomes you have received! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A Newbie Has Entered the Game

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus