Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Chaotic Dragon(Open)

Amethyst (played by ChaosTheMew) Topic Starter

Amethyst looked at Nathan."It's okay.I know it's hard to trust someone you just met."
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

Nathan shrugged. "Well, to be honest, I'm not all that good when it comes to talking with women. I never know what to say to them. And then I feel like I should help them...even when I can't. It's a vicious cycle, really."

Bella bounded to her feet and then tore around in circles, nose in the grass like she was following a scent.

Amethyst watched Bella for a few moments."I'm not used to talking to anyone,I mean not anymore."

Nathan smiled ruefully. "Funny, isn't it, how the loners end up finding each other? If it weren't for Bella, I'd..." he paused. "She's been good company."

"I'm planning on heading to the nearest town, but I have a pack with some basic camping gear. I don't know what your next move is, but I wouldn't mind camping under the stars tonight. Or building a nice big campfire." The woods nearby would be perfect for that. The assassin, he hoped, wouldn't show himself again with Bella around.

Amehtyst looked at Nathan."I need to repay you for your kindness so if you don't mind,I would like to travel with you so I can thank you in some way."

Nathan hesitated and then shrugged. "I don't need repayment--just seeing you alive is payment enough. ...But I won't turn you away either. There's a town probably not too far from here. Maybe we can find an inn, some dinner, and some work or something."

He was a wanderer, a tracker, a huntsman; what could she do for him that he couldn't do for himself? Well, she would make better company than Bella, and she had more than proved herself with her magic. He grabbed his pack and Bella looked over at him attentively as they set out.

"So...how long have you had magic?" He tried and hoped he didn't touch upon a sore subject.

"It's not actually magic that I use."Amethyst opened her hand and summoned a ball of pure light."It's an element called light.It's a side affect of being a child of my mother."

Nathan grinned. "Well, that must be incredibly useful." He didn't mean it sarcastically--quite the opposite. "I've gone through some dark places that really could have used your...ability. Did your mother possess the same element or was hers different?"

"My mother is actually the dragon goddess of light."Amethyst looked away and blushed.

"Oh. Oh wow. A dragon? Goddess?" He recovered from his surprise enough to add: "I'm sure she's proud of you."

"I doubt it because I hate her."Amethyst sighed.

"Why's that?" He had been right to assume there was a lot more to this girl than he previously thought.

"Because she sealed something inside of me that makes it dangerous if I get angry and she abandoned me when I was four when I needed her most."Amethyst's eyes clouded.

Nathan's brow twitched. What was it with anger unleashing unnatural power? He smiled and shook his head.

"You wouldn't be the first young woman I met who could be dangerous when angry. But I'm sorry for what happened." He saw the look that crossed her eyes. "Hey, look, I can't say that you weren't hurt by it, but you can overcome it."

He almost started to reach out to pat her shoulder comfortingly, but stopped himself. His hand curled into a fist and then dropped to his side, where he adjusted the quiver.

Amethyst looked at Nathan but said nothing.

Bella chose then to reappear, covered in grass after rolling in it. She leaped to Amethyst, heedless of the topic being discussed, and ran a wet tongue over her hand.

Nathan snapped his fingers to call Bella back, but he smiled a little. "Bella likes you, so that's good. Shall we head to town?"

Amethyst watched Bella and she smiled slightly."I guess we should before it gets dark."

"Fair enough." Nathan adjusted the quiver at his waist and the bow over his shoulder, before pointing in the direction of the town. "We'll be heading that way, the town is just beyond that rise. Maybe an hour's walk?" By his long legs, at least. "We can get something to eat there and a place to stay for the night. We can decide where to go after dinner, unless you have anything specific now?"

He paused and cleared his throat. So much for not making long speeches.

Amethyst shook her head."I have nothing I need to do."

Bella jetted away from them, racing for the town on her four legs, and then slowing to circle back. Her ears and tail were up, playfully, as she pranced beside them.

Nathan lost himself to thought, with one eye on Bella and the other on their path.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Chaotic Dragon(Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus