Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Chaotic Dragon(Open)

Amethyst (played by ChaosTheMew) Topic Starter

Amethyst followed Nathan,but walked a little slower than him.She looked at the trees that passed,a sad look passing through her purple,slitted eyes.
Nathan Hunter (played by PenGryphon2007)

"Something wrong?" he asked, finally noticing Amethyst's silence.

Amethyst looked at Nathan."I'm sorry.I'm always silent whenever no one is talking to me."

"Ah, no, it's not that..." Nathan said, then subsided. He shrugged and added: "We're almost there."

They topped the rise and the town spread out before them.

Amethyst looked at the town."It's looks nice enough."

"Well, only one way to find out. Bella, heel!" He waited until Bella sat next to his leg, and then motioned for Amethyst to take the lead. "After you?"

Amethyst looked at Nathan then back at the town."O-okay."She started for the town.

They entered the outskirts of the town and soon the center. It wasn't too large, but it had the basics any town could want--and a few extras on the side. As per his usual routine, Nathan started for an inn in what he figured was a good part of town.

"We can check into our rooms, drop our stuff off, and then grab a bite to eat," he explained, as Bella, stopping now and again to sniff at something interesting, kept close.

"Fine by me."Amethyst said as she looked at a few people passing her.She watched them as if waiting for them to run away.

Nathan hailed the innkeeper as soon as they entered, and saw the man glance in their direction. His eyes lingered on Amethyst a moment, and then on Bella.

"Sorry, I don't rent rooms to folk like you." The innkeeper stated before Nathan could even ask.

Nathan frowned. "Maybe you could tell us, then, who would rent to "folk like us"?"

The innkeeper shook his head. "Can't say I know anyone."

"We're travelers and not staying long." Nathan dug into his pouch and placed a few coins on the desk. "I'll pay extra for the wolf," he said.

The innkeeper ignored the coin. "Like I said, I don't rent to folk like you." He spat the words and then pointed at the door. "Go before I get the town guard involved."

Amethyst glared at the innkeeper.She didn't mind if someone was cautious around people,but she did not like it when someone was rude to about it.

"Very well, we'll try another place." Sweeping up the coins, Nathan stalked out of the inn. "There should be another one not too far down the road," he said.

He looked at Amethyst. "Maybe this time I"ll keep Bella outside--if you'd watch her for me?" It might be easier to get two rooms if the innkeeper didn't know what he was getting into.

"I'll watch her for you."Amethyst smiled at Nathan.

Nathan returned the smile. "Thanks." They approached the next inn and Nathan gave Bella the command to stay before entering.

A few minutes later he returned with two keys. He handed one to Amethyst. "We've got two rooms--one each." He didn't elaborate beyond that. "I'll keep Bella in mine, and if we're lucky the innkeeper won't notice."

Amethyst took the key then looked at Nathan."I'm going to go check on a friend of mine who stays nearby.If you don't mind,that is."Amethyst looked away as a sad looked passed through her eyes.

Nathan shrugged. "It's fine by me. Would you like some company?" He was faintly surprised that she would have a friend in town, when she hadn't expressed much interest in coming in the first place.

"It's fine if not" he added, "I need to get some more arrows and my daggers sharpened soon."

"You can come with me if you want but I'm not going to ask you to come because I don't want to be a burden."

Nathan grinned. "You're hardly a burden and I'd like to meet your friend. I just didn't want to impose."

Amethyst looked at Nathan."I'm hoping on what I've been hearing about what happened to him isn't true,but I'm starting to get the feeling it's true."

Well that didn't sound good. "What do you think happened to him?" Nathan asked.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Chaotic Dragon(Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus