Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New

Hey guys I'm new to RP and I'm looking for help
Hello and welcome to one of the friendliest sites on the internet!

I suggest you take a look at the Help tab of this website, because there is a whole lot of information there.

If you have any questions after that feel free to ask anything!

So to start more of a conversation, how long have you been RPing? What is your favorite genre to read and write in?
Welcome! <3

It's really nice here, everyone is laid back and really friendly so don't worry. We all have to start somewhere!
It's nice to meet another newbie! I'm Light and it's sweet to meet you!

I have to agree with Fiara. The help tab is one of the best ways to start when it comes to using this site and starting to roleplay! Remember: there is no wrong way or style to roleplay as long as you and your partners have fun with it!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us! I'm sure you'll find it enjoyable here!
Kim Site Admin

Hello there! So glad to have you with us on the site. :D

When getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

Any other questions? Just ask! :D
WinterFaery Topic Starter

I have on my been RPing for 4 months. The team lead of my ghost hunting group has his own star trek RP table top that I started. I usually read fantasy. My favorite is Fae and Fae kin
Welcome! A lot of the Help documentation, including things beyond what Kim pointed out, are very much a good read (and actually easy to read). But yes, if you have any specific questions, all you need do is ask. :)
Hey, welcome to RPR! Everyone's covered the basics already, so I hope you'll find your way to get by here in no time. :) Though, of course, we'll be happy to lend a helping hand! Specific questions can be asked here: Help forum.

Star Trek, is it? I'm not very familiar with it, but I have heard it a lot! Surely, if you look deep enough, there'll be some players who'll share the same interest. :)
WinterFaery Topic Starter

Thank you all for such a friendly welcome
Sanne Moderator

Welcome welcome! :) I hope everyone's suggestions have been useful to you so far. I hope you'll enjoy yourself and will let us know if you have any other questions!
Welcome to RPR! I'm glad you aren't nervous to ask questions to people, because then you can ask anymore questions if you need help instead of being stuck on a question without an answer! ^.^
HibariHaru

Hi there! I'm Hibari and welcome to RPR. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Hyouka-Episode-1-gif3.gif

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus