Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Invisible Magic In The Moonlight (Open)

Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123)

A young woman with silver hair that seemed drifted in the wind wondered aimlessly around in the snow covered woods. She found a nice, clear spot to set up her campsight. She put up her tent and Set up her bed and layed on it, listening to the sounds the animals made. She got up and walked into the woods to get firewood. Whe found some sticks and a big log that she could sit on.She brought the things back to her campsight and set them down, She went into her tent and fell into the deep sleep with her swords under her pillow, srrounded by woods and snow.
Kate Smytheson (played by PenGryphon2007)

Kate looked around desperately as she dragged herself as far from the nearest village as possible. Pain creased her face, and her grip around the staff would have been white-knuckled, had not her green elbow-length gloves covered them. Already, she could feel the sharp tips of her nails fighting for freedom through the reinforced glove tips.

With a groan of pain, she stopped and clutched her middle. Agony unlike anything else, rippled through her. The Change would begin soon; she only hoped she made it far enough from civilization to avoid hurting anyone.

With a cry that was cut short, she stumbled and fell to her knees. The staff fell into the snow as did she.

A few moments later, her eyes opened; the hazel irises had become gold. She stripped the gloves free of her arms and looked down at them. Her hands now sported claws. She was human only in appearance--and not really even that given her hands and eyes. She was a predator now; and she was looking for a target.
Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123) Topic Starter

Luna flinched, hearing a strange noise. She grabed her soards and dashed into the snow, ready to fight. In the distance she saw a figure on the ground. She ran up to the figure to find that it aws a human. She held her sorwd up to the human, thinking it might still be alive. "State you name and business, or things will get ugly."

Gold eyes glittered as Kate reacted to the threat by diving for her staff, partially covered by the snow. She turned and snarled at the young woman before her as she brought her staff up in a defensive position. Words were no help here--not until her Change had passed and she was returned to normal. And yet, she seemed to hesitate.

The angry red scars crisscrossing her arms from wrist to elbow seemed to stand out all the worse in the contrast of the white snow. And the gold color in her eyes flickered briefly to hazel.

"Please-" Kate gasped. "Don't want- hurt- you." And then her eyes were gold again and she was lunging for her prey, the wooden staff swinging for an opening.

Luna blocked to staff with her soward with no hesitation. "Me neither, but I will if a have to." She took at her spell book and mumbled a strange chant. Suddenly the Girl was pined to the ground and could not move. "Now I will sat this once again, state you name and business. I will end your life if I have to."

Kate struggled against the unnatural bonds that pinned her to the ground. Her nails were no use against the invisible rope and she gave up trying to struggle. She glared up at the woman with her gold eyes, but that seemed to have little effect.

She closed her eyes and then sighed. "I'm Kate," she ground out after a minute of silence. The sword was no idle threat--the other young woman knew how to use it. And Kate had had no opportunity to spring the hidden blades on her own staff. Not that that would have helped any. "Tried...to get away...from village."

Luna glared at the woman, her purple eyes turning green. She put her hand over the womans body and it started to glow. "You are no regular human...... what are you? Why did you have to get away from the village?"
Others (played by Minerva)

The land was probably typically unsuited for the silver-furred, large cat that wandered the woods in the moon's light; the markings that speckled it reflected like runes. Luna's kiss refracted rainbow hues upon it as the leopardess passed from the shadows (in which, it seemed to disappear entirely), drawn towards a sense of tension, and furthermore, pain. It stumbled upon a conflict; drawn weapons and fierce words. Rather than retreating like a true beast, it approached quite calmly, tilting its head and taking a seat. The tail, oversized for its kin, wrapped its legs. "...why do you threaten her?" it.. Spoke, aurora tinted eyes shifting between the two. "She struggles in pain; she must be just as scared as you are."

Luna turned around to face a strange creature. She pointed her other soward towards the creature, unshure of who she was. "Who are you? This is not you business."

A sword turned about it only made it draw away in fear, tucking in its shoulders and turning its head. A glimmering eye turned towards that which threatened it. It did not bristle, or growl. "...I am what I am. My business... Is anyone in pain, or afraid. ...what are you that lets you threaten us, or deem what my business is?" with time, her words had refined itself. The lost fragment was not to be a child forever, but there were those aspects that would never change. This was a leopardess of a different type now; reborn, and raised by two legendary, conflicting yet complimentary clerics of her world, already fine attributes of understanding, balance, and benevolence were only augmented. It lifted its head and... rose to stand. The transformation was smooth, maintaining animal features on a now humanoid body--bare, with thick fur covering the chest. A hand moved out without violence towards the blade, gripping it and pressing it to a side away from her and Kate. Prismatic blood escaped the hand. Aether.

Luna droped her blades and backfliped awar from the strange creature. "This is not your fight. I have no use for your intrusion." Luna walked back to her tent and grbed her spell book. "Do you see this?"

"It is only you who wishes to fight." when the woman flipped away, Minerva took the opportunity to crouch in front of Kate, reaching out but not touching without permission. "...ill with taint. The moon which gives me life challenges yours, doesn't it?" as if sensing the affliction, prismatic eyes looked through her. "I can give brief pardon from the silver light. What else can I do?" the hand waited for permission--the same one that leaked from the prior blade.

Luna sighed but said nothing to reject. "If you wan't to take her then go right in ahead, just make shure that she does not hurt you." She put her sowards back in place and sat by her fire. she looked over at the strange creature, her eyes shifting from green to purple. "If you are to do this, you should at least tell me your name. You have already done this much." She poked at the flames that danced in the fire She had started a few moments ago with a twige she had found lying on the ground.

Kate tried to withdraw from the hand held over her. The arrival of the second person had completely missed her attention being as she was focused on trying to escape the invisible tethers that held her in place. She snarled at the new person at first, her gold eyes strong. But slowly the gold faded, just long enough for a bit of hazel to show through, and the snarl ebbed and a frantic nod--if that was what it was--came from the entrapped woman.

The logical, rational, human side of Kate thought being stuck this way was better than hunting down a victim; the raging animal side hated every second and was ready to rip the throat out of anyone who dared to mess with it--even if to free it. But if she could be done with this Change altogether, she would be even happier.

(i will be posting shortly! In the line at walmart x_x)

"My mother raised me as Minerva." she answered smoothly, with the tension quelled and both querying. "The priests call me Muifee. Here." a sweep of the hand guided subtly creeping clouds over the moon en mass, as if strung to her hand from so far away. Even through thick cumulous, a hint of a glow attempted to penetrate, radiating in rainbow hues. "I can not do anything about the pull." not without hurting infinitely more lives, "but were it only the pull it would not afflict so many on days without full light. Has the madness subsided? Let me give you a mark, though it may burn. The pain is short. Something to bind you to your shape even when the moonlight touches you. Only for tonight." she offered and explained all at once.

The pain was sharp but short and Kate could feel the animal-mind retreating at last. She lay still, relieved and reeling from the feeling of not having to wrestle with that side of her 'conscience' for the time being.

"Th-thank you," she said after a moment. "I am back to myself, for now." She tried to sit up and found herself still bound by nothing. "Uh...I'm sorry for attacking you," she said to the first young woman.

Luna looked over at her and sighed. "I too have dule personalties. You will see my other one in the morning." She glanced at her tent and looked at the two. "Would you like to stay here for the night? It will not bother me if you do."

A feline 'prru?' escaped at the invitation; drawing away the hand from where she had made her emblem, she squatted like an animal again and, all at once, had thoroughly proper anatomy for it. Fur ruffled, and she took a moment to clean as any cat would. "Maybe for a while. The closer I am, the better my cantrip will be. But by morning, I should go. Father worries, and I needn't strain his old heart."

Kate forced a smile. "If it's alright, I may stay as well. It's been a while since I've made camp and I...I miss the stars." She rose stiffly and reclaimed her staff before noticing that her gloves were gone. And now she had a new mark to add to them. "Um, what was that thing you did?" she asked Minerva.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Invisible Magic In The Moonlight (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus