Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » is new here

hi. my name is Benjamin. this might sound rather plain but i am new here and have no idea what to do or who i can talk to. if you would like to speak to me or have fun, i'm here.
Welcome to the site~
It looks like you already have a character going so a good simple starting point is to just get the basics on with that character and then you're ready to go to the "Looking for RP" -forum to either write your own idea to be up and open for some partners or you could hop into one of the RPs others have thought up~ Either way is neat-o
And when you're ready, you may start the RP on one of the 3 categories (general, fantasy, Sci-fi) or even start a group of your own~

Someone else will probably explain these better, but it's something~ :3
Ion_shock Topic Starter

thanks for the starting advice. its always nice when someone lets you feel welcome
It is always nice Ion_Shock! You have chosen the best site then because there are many very nice and welcoming people on here! I hope that soon you find many people to RP with!

BTW I suggest you check out the help section of the website for any miscellaneous information and how to starts.
KaiMotokawa

Welcome to RPR! It's an extremely friendly site~ Like FiaratheNothingess said, Check the help section and feel free to ask if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay! ♥~
Ion_shock Topic Starter

thanks, i'll check it out
Ion_shock Topic Starter

i would love it if someone could do a fun rp with me. i set up one, but no one came.
Ion_shock wrote:
i would love it if someone could do a fun rp with me. i set up one, but no one came.

Give it a few days. If someone still does show up, try revamping it a little. School has started for some people so there might be many people offline
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! :) We have a wide variety of users from all areas of the world, so it can indeed take a little while for people to respond.

You can also go ahead and look at other people's thread and respond to theirs if they interest you! :D
Kim Site Admin

Hi there! I saw that you'd started getting responses to your LFRP thread in the meanwhile, but that a new question had popped up over there about how to RP once you've found players.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.
Ion_shock Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Hi there! I saw that you'd started getting responses to your LFRP thread in the meanwhile, but that a new question had popped up over there about how to RP once you've found players.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.

hey, thank you so much for taking the time to explain several things to me. it means a lot.
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! Don't worry about your introduction being "too plain". Everyone is creative in their own way, and we don't mind small introductions like that as long as you enjoy yourself here!
Ion_shock Topic Starter

RainbowToRosie wrote:
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! Don't worry about your introduction being "too plain". Everyone is creative in their own way, and we don't mind small introductions like that as long as you enjoy yourself here!

thanks. i hope i can go on an adventure with you sometime and prove i belong
Asroc

You seem cool. Hope we can RP.
Ion_shock Topic Starter

ThePsychicBruiser wrote:
You seem cool. Hope we can RP.

i hope so
Welcome to RPR! I'm Light, it's really sweet to meet you!

I'm sure you're already getting the feel for the site, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask us anything!
Ion_shock Topic Starter

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
Welcome to RPR! I'm Light, it's really sweet to meet you!

I'm sure you're already getting the feel for the site, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask us anything!

thanks, glad to know i can count on you guys to keep me out of the dark
Oh, then welcome to the site, Benjamin! I think the everyone's advice would be helpful to you as you get by the site. :) There's nothing wrong with a straightforward introduction either!

Stay as long as you like and have fun, regardless. We'll come to your aid in case you run into any troubles!
Welcome to RPR! Hope you're making lots of new friends!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » is new here

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus