Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » move before summer

Again a thread from me talking about my life changes :D In just over a month I'll be moving out of the City of Ottawa, and back to the country (where I frigging belong! my 8 months in the city has made me realize I'm not a city girl!)

With that said the next 33 days (yes I have it counted down) well be extreamly busy for me, partly because this is kinda a spur of the moment move, and partly due to the fact that I'm the one who gets to pack the house up. My weekends will likely be filled with time spent at the new place getting the rooms ready for inhabitant (I won't go into details, but other than my parents living in this huge house for the past 2 months, it's been empty for about a year and a half. The previous occupants of the home still have COPIOUS amounts of things in the house.)

Once we move I will have internet, only it'll be via one of those fancy-smancy internet sticks, so likely my time on furcadia is over, but I'll still be ever present here :D lol just might be either slow posting or there will be less posts in a day from me for the next little while.

I can not express just how happy I am to be leaving the city, and in addition to leaving the city there are many perks with this move. living with my parents who are both retired provides a babysitter, so I can work (whoo hoo). And there's an attainable goal set too, with out too many details, land and home ownership in next year and a half to three years depending on how well we save.
That is SO exciting!! I know moving gets really crazy so I wish you the best of luck! :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Best of luck with the move!
Good luck with the move! :)
Kim Site Admin

That all sounds fantastic! Hope it goes great for you! :D

I've used one of those internet sticks before, fyi, and I was able to play furcadia with it okay, so maybe it won't be so bad. :)
Pineapple Topic Starter

Thanks everyone. So far so good, but I'm just getting started.

and really Kim? that would be kool if it did still work!
Best of wishes and good luck with your move. It sounds awesome. :)
Pineapple Topic Starter

Thank you again everyone for your well wishes. <3 They mean alot, this move is actually a bit of a nightmare. I'm bumping this because I don't want to create another thread. >.>

Moving day draws near (next weekend to be specific) we're starting some of it this weekend but most of the bigger stuff, and necessities wont be moved till next weekend. With this said I have 1 more week until I loose my internet. I can't give a specific time frame when I will return as we haven't figured out all the details (my parents already have service with one company but no internet because they hate their net service) I'm hoping it wont be more than two weeks.

SO I shall be making all the possible posts I can in this week, but after next Saturday/Sunday I shall disappear for a short time.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » move before summer

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus