Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Sup guys?

Hey everyone!! This is a little weird; I wasn't really expecting to join a RP thing today but I found a link to this site on tumblr and wanted to at least create some profiles for my characters (I'm not done yet...), and then I decided I might as well try and get the full experience here or whatever.
I'm Arthur! I've been rping since I was around ten years old; I joined the Warrior Cats (ha ha) forum and started roleplaying there, and I've been into it ever sense. I usually am involved with group rps over Tumblr (with pre-made characters, like Marvel characters), but I'm interested in getting involved here too, if anyone thinks that'd be fun.
I'm rather shy though, so I probably won't go out on a limb and message (can you message on this?) anyone on my own, so really, if you're interested in rping/talking to me (?? I don't know how this works oops) then please feel free to reach out! I'm really friendly :o
I'm eighteen and a college student, but I'm very active! I love to write and I'm a well-literate roleplayer. I'm fine with basically anything for roleplays, honestly. If it's based on a series or something though, I'd have to know it pretty well to rp because I'm rather insecure.
Anyway. This is long?? So I'll chill out and leave this here. Awesome!
Thanks guys :*
Sanne Moderator

Hey Arthur, welcome welcome! :D It's awesome to hear you decided to join us and introduce yourself! Many members like our community so much that their shyness goes away pretty quickly, I hope you'll feel the same way eventually. :)

Yes, you can message! At the top right there's a link called "Inbox", right underneath your username. RPing happens either on the public forums (in the appropriate RP boards), in group forums, through private messages or on a different platform, like Skype, or Tumblr, or wherever!

We have some really awesome members in our community, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! We'd be very happy to help you out. :)
arthurroy Topic Starter

! Thank you so much!! I've been messing around trying to figure everything out; the site was kind of confusing for like ten minutes but I think I've got a handle on everything now :o Thank you!!
If you're anything to go by, it looks like you guys will be nice/friendly, which is good! I was kinda worried that I'd end up getting ignored or something, heh.

I'll let you know if I have any questions!! Right now I'm just focusing on making profiles for my favorite characters. This site has the coolest profile options I've seen so far honestly! I'm thoroughly impressed.
Sanne Moderator

No problem! c: I think Kim (the site admin) will be happy to hear how much you love the features. She puts a lot of love and time into this place and it shows.

If anything's unclear about the tools or otherwise, the Help database is pretty extensive if you feel like snooping around there too!
arthurroy Topic Starter

I can definitely tell she puts a lot of love into it!! It's a very well-made site!

Thanks again!! So I've been checking out the 'Looking for RP' part of the forums; can you explain to me what 'Meet Cute' means?
Shadow13

Hello Arthurroy! I'm Shadow13! Welcome to RP Repository! I hope you enjoy it here! And the 'Meet Cute' is something that the site administrators challenged us to do! You can read about it if you click the news button and click 'Meet Cute' Where an insect is hugging someone.
arthurroy Topic Starter

Thank you so much!! It's nice to meet you!
Shadow13

It is nice to meet you as well!
Kim Site Admin

arthurroy wrote:
I can definitely tell she puts a lot of love into it!! It's a very well-made site!

Thanks again!! So I've been checking out the 'Looking for RP' part of the forums; can you explain to me what 'Meet Cute' means?

I dooooooo put so much time and love into it! I'm SO happy to hear you're enjoying it! :D

And like Shadow said, the Meet Cute is an ice breaker type challenge that we do every year to try and help people meet some new RP partners in a fun and easy way. :) Here's the article if you didn't find it before: http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=413

There are other RP Partner matchup events now and again, but this is the February one. :) There's still about a week left in the meet cute event, so you've got plenty of time to try a few out if it strikes your fancy. :)
Hello to you too love! The names Marcat2001, Marcat for short, pleased to meet you! Welcome to the RP Repository! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and while you're her, darling, please have a wonderfully lovely~ day and stay here at the RP Repository!
20768.gif
Hello! Welcome to RPR! This website is definitely a great one to RP on, so I'm glad for you that you found it!
arthurroy Topic Starter

(WOAH OMG Hi Kim!!! I'm so so so impressed with this site honestly, thank you so much for making it!! It's really cool because it looks like you're really involved here too which is honestly hard to find in online communities that I've been in)

Thanks you guys!! I'm excited! I'll probably try to get past my shyness and post something at least for the meet cute event because it's... well. Really cute of an idea!
Yo, and welcome to the site! I'm Rin. Happy to know you enjoy being here in RPR as much as we do! I was really impressed with character profile creation here, and I definitely thought about character storage only at first. The site and the members, as you can see, are really welcoming so I think you'll get over your shyness like I have in no time! :D

In case you're up for it, you're free to message anyone for a friendly chat or RP. Most members are still trying to search for new partners and roleplays every now and then. I think you'll fare well over time.

Yeah, don't hesitate to seek for help or ask questions! Particular ones can be asked at the Help forum! Please stay as long as you like. :D
Trust me, the site is indeed well made and suited for any need! Did you know that if you're more into real-time roleplays, you can click the launch chat on any topic and it will instantly go into real-time chat mode? Just a heads up! Kim really thought of everything so far, and more and more features are in the works as we speak!

...Oh! Pardon me... My name is LightSide-Lotus, but call me Light! It's sweet to meet you! Just know that as soon as you get your bearings, you'll open up like I did as well (I was uber shy here too...).

But if you need any help, just let us know! As you can tell, we're all friendly here and willing to help out in any way we can!
Welcome to RPR, I hope you have been enjoying your stay thus far and getting to explore about the site ^_^
I'm open to offer any help, chatting or RP you may be wanting or interested in so please feel free to PM me anytime!
Hope you are having a nice stay~!
large.gif
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're having loads of fun here :)
Kim Site Admin

arthurroy wrote:
(WOAH OMG Hi Kim!!! I'm so so so impressed with this site honestly, thank you so much for making it!! It's really cool because it looks like you're really involved here too which is honestly hard to find in online communities that I've been in)

Haha, I try. :D You all are just so amazing, it's not too hard!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Sup guys?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus