Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The City in the Sky~ (Closed!) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Game Master and othe (played by Derglet)

High above the clouds they say is a flying city, a technological wonder. It traverses the skies and occasionally stops at Sky-ports at nearby towns for trade, repairs and new passengers. Many people flock to where this city is said to go, in hopes of catching it, since it is rumoured to be a free city, one which all could live their lives in peace. It's very unique, apparently, which houses and roads and stages and markets and the lot on top, and an entire Underground filled with who knows what. The people who live their are very different in race and looks, but many seem to be adventurous and others great scholars. The city even has a Guild for explorers, mercenaries, investigators and the like, and many Skyship ready to deploy at any moment of time. Such a wonder does have it's prices, of course, as many pirates try to raid the city and attack Skyships that leave from it, and there are just as many thieves on board. The famous Guard can't be their to protect everyone, so life isn't as sweet for some.

But hey, let's say you've been lucky enough to catch the city at a port, and you manage to board. Who will you meet upon this place? Where will the city take you? What perhaps lies beneath? Why does something feel off when you board?

Will an adventure upon this grand city take place? And will you be dragged in it?
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

What Genre of rp is this by chance? I'd really be interested in joining it :3
Derglet Topic Starter

I was going for a Sci-Fi fantasy, like most of my stuff ^^;
Hmm, I don't think any of my characters will perfectly fit, but I can always make one.
Derglet Topic Starter

If you need, friend~ You can throw already existing characters at me though, even if you may think they might not fit. Steampunk (That's it! That's the word!) characters would fit here too, I guess, as that was the first thought that came to mind while thinking about this, to be honest~
Well knowing this I will definitely wanna join in :3
BossMcFloss

I kind of like the idea of this. Although me being me I wonder how it floats and am going through how various things woould float, like jet engines (would not work too high cost) or propellers, which always leads to how is it consuming fuel? But I guess the docking part clears that up. Sorry I am just being me. Anyway I like this idea.
I'd like to join, but, if you're going for a specific kind of "high-fantasy sci-fi" setting my characters might not fit to well, or they may fit perfectly, who knows, have a look at my characters and see if any takes your fancy, and if not, I'll as just join as The Eyes in a Shadow.
Derglet Topic Starter

- BossMcFloss Ha, yeah. It'd take a lot of fuel or such to power up that baby, now that I think of it :P

- Draken901 Not entirely specific, actually! I'm okay with most characters, just some things might be iffy for this type of setting~ I think this The Eyes character seems okay, though I'll like to ask if it's alright if they don't use teleportation, poison and especially wind magic. Since we're in the sky and all... Wind magic doesn't seem really... Nice XD

Anyway~ Everything, before we start this, I have two questions. What character are you planning on using and what do you prefer; PM or Forum?
Well, you COULD have the city on a floating island. That would solve your fuel problem.

I can imagine why you wouldn't want her using wind magic in a setting like that. *imagines the city slowly tipping over due to a strong gust of wind* That WOULD be hilarious though. Well, atleast kind of.

I prefer forum, but i'll go with whatever you guys want.
Are there any requirements for this rp?
SINDragon wrote:
- BossMcFloss Ha, yeah. It'd take a lot of fuel or such to power up that baby, now that I think of it :P

- Draken901 Not entirely specific, actually! I'm okay with most characters, just some things might be iffy for this type of setting~ I think this The Eyes character seems okay, though I'll like to ask if it's alright if they don't use teleportation, poison and especially wind magic. Since we're in the sky and all... Wind magic doesn't seem really... Nice XD

Anyway~ Everything, before we start this, I have two questions. What character are you planning on using and what do you prefer; PM or Forum?

I am indifferent as to where the rp takes place. And I was planning to use a more steampunkish variation of Jackie Corazz(On my Corazz family profile)
Derglet Topic Starter

- KittyKat01 Not really! Just a few here and there, but throw a character at us and we'll see~ Just forget wind magic though. That'd just be mean in this setting.

- P4RR0T Ah yup~ Sure! Go ahead~
When do you plan to start the RP?
Dot

This is really interesting, and the names are pretty cool. I'll consider joining and make a Steampunk sort of character. I've always wanted to do something like that.
I do have a question though. Would it be bad to have a magical character? If so, I'll be fine with that. But I just thought it would be awesome to use the Skyships with canons and shoot magic fireballs (not necessarily fireballs) through them and at enemy ships.
Just a thought.
Derglet Topic Starter

- Draken901 As soon as possible! I'll make it soon, hopefully I'll get an response from everyone by then~

- Dot Magical characters are fine~ Though I'll like to know what type of magic >.> <.< Some are pretty 'eh' with this setting, yeah?
Dot

Yeah. I totally get that. What type of magic? Oh, well, sort of conjuring small creatures. Kinda like familiars, is what I'm thinkin'.
As well as non-super powerful magic like fireballs, iceballs, etc. If you get what I mean, anyway.
Derglet Topic Starter

Ah, I see~ Wind Magic is a definite no-no. So... Please no wind stuff~
Dot

Lol. I would never use something like that.
Dot

Especially when we have all this Skyships and wind power controlled things, as well as fuel.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The City in the Sky~ (Closed!) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus