Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » My second book :D

nanowrimo_books_by_celestinagrey-d4wj0yb.jpg

These are the books I have written for National Novel Writing Month. :) The one on the left is the first book, done for NaNoWriMo 2010. The one on the right is the sequel, done in NaNoWriMo 2011 and received in the mail TODAY!!

I now have two of my books! These are not for public sale (yet), but I can buy owner and proof copies, thus these books. The NaNoWriMo winner promo codes have blessed me with these great books.

I am SO excited. And I just had to show you guys where all my hard work has been lately. (The one on the right is my senior project).
(p.s. My name has been blurred for safety reasons x3)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

So your name isn't really a squiggle?

You should be proud Celestina, this is a great achievement! :D
Kim Site Admin

Congratulations!! That must feel SO good to have those books on your shelf! :D
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

No, my name's not really squiggle ;)

Thanks! :D It definitely does feel great! I feel so accomplished and so proud of my work! There's nothing like seeing something I wrote in a real printed book :D
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing one of those on the best sellers list someday! (Or atleast reading it on my Kindle)
what is this national writing thing? Can anyone join and get something published?

Thanks, Demonicthrill! I am looking at getting it published on Kindle eventually :)

Drayle, here! www.nanowrimo.org :) All the info is there. National Novel Writing Month is when you write a minimum 50 thousand word novel in the month of November. The people who succeed get little goodies like a printable certificate and promo codes for things like this :)
Congrats! Can't wait until they become available to the public, I wanna read them! You'll definitely have to keep us posted on that! I -love- the cover art for the second book ^_^
Claine Moderator

Wow! Those look amazing!

I've won NanoWrimo a handful of times, but I've never taken the opportunity to get a book printed from it. By the end of the month I'm usually so exhausted and so familiarised with my writing that I've driven myself to hate it. But if I even participate again, I will take up this opportunity for sure.

Thanks! :D

And Claine, best of luck! :) I actually did not fully finish this second book until about a week or two ago. I had the necessary amount of words within the month, but the book itself spanned a bit longer! xD It was exhausting. But it is definitely worth it :D
<3 ooooooh they're so pretty!!!! congrats

Thanks Nikina! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » My second book :D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus