Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Keep that lovin' feelin

kyra45 wrote:
RPRs probsbly the only site i've been to where everyones friendly and no ones yelling at eachother for doing something wrong by accident. <3

Although, I rarely come to the forums...

This. This. THIS.
You know I don't think I'd ever read this thread before...

My rp history is a little varied coming from chat based rp and of course having to deal with some not so fun people. It wasn't easy getting started in that media and people can be cruel.

I've found very little of that here, the people were welcoming and sweet. Kim and Darth were some of the first people I talked to and they have a great way of introducing themselves and the site to new people, likewise the people of this site are open and willing to introduce themselves as well.

That was a breath of fresh air I'd never breathed on any roleplaying site before.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Rubix wrote:
I've found very little of that here, the people were welcoming and sweet. Kim and Darth were some of the first people I talked to and they have a great way of introducing themselves and the site to new people, likewise the people of this site are open and willing to introduce themselves as well.

That was a breath of fresh air I'd never breathed on any roleplaying site before.

This is so touching. Glad to know we're still doing that for people even as we've grown!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Thankyou Rubix :)

RPR's community is still one of the most unique I've come across and it's good to hear that from others as well :)
Sanne Moderator

Don't forget you fit your own description, Rubix! :3
Sanne wrote:
Don't forget you fit your own description, Rubix! :3

Why thank you Miss Sanne, I always did think I was a little special. ;)
Sanne Moderator

Today I realized it's been 2 years and nearly 5 months since I joined the site. It's also been 1 year and almost 8 months since the first moderator team came into existence, which I'm still part of.

I can't believe time has flown by so incredibly fast but everything is still as awesome as it was before.

We have more members to moderate these days, which means a little more work for us, but I can count on one freaking hand how many people have been a serious problem for us to deal with. We have 5300+ members on the site now, and let me tell you something: this is an incredible feat for an internet community to achieve.

I don't know of any other place where the community not only tries its best to stick to the rules, but when asked to correct a mistake does so without balking or throwing a fit. Usually a moderator gets a thank you for reminding someone of the rules. This is unheard of in many other places, but it's common practice on RPR! It astonishes me every time someone does this and gets me all fuzzy on the inside. <3

It's one of the reasons I can keep going and come back to RPR daily to interact with you all. Not just as a moderator, but as a fellow member as well! No matter how crappy real life gets, I can continue to smile because RPR is an example of what I wish humanity could be like as a whole: compassionate, warm, welcoming, creative, open minded and tolerant. Some days everyone on here just keeps me going, and I owe you for that. I hope my attempts to repay you will suffice.
I thank the Moderators every time they help me O.o even if they don't know how but still try.
At least we have sites like this that welcome roleplaying. I was tired of trying to battle Facebook just to rp decently.
I've read through some but not all of the suggestions.

One thing Indid not see is what Infeel is vital to newcomers sticking around.

first they need a warm welcome when they post their introduction. So far itnseems like people here do angood job of that. On my first forum that lasted ten years we had the "Welcoming Team" that was personally responsible to make sure no introduction post got overlooked and would be designated tonoffer a helping hand to any noobs.

Second is speedily acquiring a fun role play. This one is harder. I see lots of requests that never get a response. (That I know of) This tends to discourage people and they look elsewhere for an RP.

Of course we all want to join RPs we are interested in, but sometimes we need to join something "out of our box" and make sure some of these requests don't get left behind.

Maybe if you had a member driven effort. Any time an RP request has sat unreplied to for X amount of time we have a list of volunteres who are teady and able to go join an RP even if it's not their typical cup of tea... And who knows we may doscover something funner than we expected in the process.

Once you joined one RP your name could be taken off the list if you wanted or left on to be notified of the next un answered plee for creativity.

Those are my two cent anywaus. ;)
Robotdude6777

This site needs iOS upgrades, Making it more iOS friendly. Maybe an app too! Probably being the first on the App Store!
Robotdude6777

Maybe a better messaging system. I've seen the system a little to slow, maybe it's time zone bugs.
Rogue-Scribe

Jax? I know you from Arwen Undomiel! Anyway, I always see this pinned and I actually read through it.
I'm just here to say that I love all the people who I've interacted with here, and hope that life is good and fileld with love for one and all!
While this feature certainly isn't at the top of the mountain of importance, it would be nice that once you post a thread or an RP (especially the latter), if there was a counter next to it that displayed the number of people who have viewed the threads that people have posted. While it doesn't make too much of a difference down the road, it is nice in my silly personal opinion to visually see how much success your RP is getting pre-reply. In other words, if I post an RP and if it only gets, say, three viewerships in a matter of hours, I can determine pretty quickly that it was a flop; while if it had 100 views, I would know it would only be a matter of time before a reply would be sent, if it would be at all.

And while I am not calling for "added advertising" per se, one flaw I often see within sites that include the option to RP is that RP's often get lost within the forum in which they are posted fairly rapidly, and the only way to get them back to the top is to bump them (which I assume isn't encouraged; I'm against it myself). It is only mildly frustrating for me (and I assume some others) - posting an RP thread and then having it disappear into the void merely hours later - but if a more elegant solution to locating or promoting roleplays (either on your profile or otherwise), that would be neat. But hey, if this feature isn't possible, then I'll live. :3

I haven't been on this site for very long, but I can already sense that it sports a lovely community, and the layout and design is rather beautiful as well. :3
Just an extra addition, it would be nice to have some sort of a tagging system that you could include when you post a thread, such as an RP or RP discussion thread. Currently, as far as I know, your only source of advertisement of what you are presenting is in the thread itself, and there is no way of advertising what exactly you are offering/looking for out of the luck that is people clicking on your thread. It would be nice that before you post a thread, you could include some sort of a tagline that could include the likes of, "Elven; magic; FxF; planning needed" or "Warrior cats; miscellaneous category; planning needed" or somethings along those lines. Upon viewing each thread (such as an RP thread), you could click on this visible tagline and a small bit of text would appear which would include whatever details you wish to put in.
Rogue-Scribe

Sage words...

Lots of good suggestions. Maybe you can copy your posts and post them in the ‘suggestions and development’ forum? Kim is in the process of doing a site revamp so any input of thoughts and ideas would be looked at.
If you feel like that would bring more value to the site, I just might. ^^
Rogue-Scribe

Sage wrote:
If you feel like that would bring more value to the site, I just might. ^^

I think it would! Well worth putting in the Help forum.

If you join the RPR 2020 group, a lot of development ideas are being discusses there,

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Keep that lovin' feelin

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus