Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Washed ashore (Open)

Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45)

(For those who want to hop into a different RP with this character. Starts with her in car form. Remember to read her profile and the like.)

SPLASH!

The purple blur landed frontwards into the ocean with a loud splash, engine still running loudly. The water rippled breifly as the car sunk into the depths, engine stalling before eventually shutting off, and falling silent as the metallic gleam of purple sinks and vanishes into the abyss. A boat carrying humans pulls up, the humans shouting things like ''We lost her!'' and ''Where'd she go?!''. Yet their yells couldn't be heard, the metal purple vechicle long under the surface, out cold.

She could feel it. The water hitting her hood hard, water rushing into her inner compartments from her quick escape. Her body shuttered and groaned as it was pelted with seawater, engine stuttering instantly. Within minutes she sunk quickly, engine shutting off from the force, bubbles rising to the surface. She eventually blacked out.

Years later a strange object washed up onto a beach. A badly rusted car, bullet holes riddling it's frame. It's tires were flat, crabs crawling across the battered up hood. Seaweed still on the raised back. A boats tow line was still on the front, though cut a bit, no longer attached. The car was sunk in the sand sideways, so only it's left side tires were visible. Buried, it seemed. The engine was still shut off, stalled and jammed up. A busy street was close to the shore, and the purple rusted car could be seen easily.
Mia (played by EonRising)

Mia flew lazily through the sky, her red feathers glistening in the setting sun as she approached her small cave home on a beach near a highway. Most humans couldn't see her or only perceived her as an eagle. She did a few loops as she approached and saw the rusted out human machine in the sand. The griffin landed right next to it and looked inside in case there were any humans inside. She tapped on the drivers side window lightly with her beak, "Is anyone in there?" she asked lightly, knowing well that if there was a human, they would be lucky to understand her.
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

She breifly heard an engine sputter, and the 'windsheild' moved slightly. The sputtering sounding more like an engine straining to crank if it was out of order. Eventually the sputtering became a pathetic sound of an old engine, and the purple windsheild moved a bit, and two brown eyes opened barely, the rust holding them a bit. The car sputters, and the eyes look at the odd being that had tapped the window.

''H..huh.....?''

Mia gave a startled squawk and backed away from the car when it turned on. She had an idea of how they worked and cautiously looked in the drivers window again, not seeing the eyes that had fluttered open.
"Hello? Ate any humans inside?" she cawed again.

The window slowly rolls down, and water poured out from within, fish flopping about as they came free of the cracked window that had rolled down.

No one was within the rotted seats. ''H...h.....hey?...Who there...?...'' The voice stammered.

(Might be late in posting, at school right now.)

There was noone inside the rusted human machine, but it was working. It was talking. Mia crouched low, a bit scared and slowly backed away from the vehicle.
"Mia," she replied to the voice with a shakey caw.

''C...Can you d...dig me out?'' The car asked, eyes looking at Mia. The engine puttered before stalling again, causing the car to shut down, it's eyes closing.

Mia walked in front of the car and saw that it had eyes. This probably scared Mia the most, but she didn't flee.
"You can understand me?" the griffin asked but started digging away at the sand, snatching up the fish that had spilled out as she worked.

Once one side was dug out, the car lands on it's right side with a soft thud, and stirs again, eyes moving slightly. ''I can..u..u..understand..Anything...'' It replied, hood crusted in rust, almost torn off completly.

"Really? Well, what are you then? I've seen plenty of human machines like you, but I've never seen one with eyes or an ability to talk," Mia slowly paced around the odd car. "In any case, you don't look like any of the machines up over there."

''I am an AI spy car...'' It stammered, watching her closely, tires rolling in the sand.

"Here," Mia walked behind the car and pressed her head against the bumper, pushing it along. "What does 'AI' mean?" she asked one she had moved the car to firmer ground.

''Artifical Intelligiance. I have a mind of my own, unlike those average cars. I follow my own orders, and drive my ownself to places. Have you never not seen a car like me?''

"Well, should I have?" Mia asked. "The only things like you I've ever scene are controlled by the humans. Even the giant metal birds that I see when flying sometimes are controlled by humans. You're also the first 'car' I've seen with eyes and an ability to talk."

''I was crafted to technical standards in a factory that made general default and average cars. The factory was shut down, though, after I was created. I was an accident. They were messing around with things that no humans should ever decide to tinker with.'' She sneered, smoke starting to appear from her crumbled hood.

"Well, if humans could see me I'd go and get help, but..." Mia looked up at the highway. "I haven't met a human who could see me in 100 years, and I was only about 5 by human standards at that point. "

''Humans can't see you?'' She asked, looking puzzled by the statement.

"Nope, I'm a griffin. The minds of humans have been clouded, so only very few can see and comprehend what I am. Most only see an eagle or some large bird of prey when they look in my direction," Mia explained.

''But I can see you clearly as a griffin. And humans made me.''

"But you're not a human. Maybe it's because you aren't organic that you can't see me. Your brain or whatever might be able to comprehend because humans have only known griffons as figments of their imagination for so long that they wouldn't want to believe if they saw me."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Washed ashore (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus