Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Washed ashore (Open)

Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''People see me as a rusted out junk car that can no longer drive the roads if they saw me now..All I recall is water.''
Mia (played by EonRising)

"Well that's because you are one by all appearances. It's not exactly a trick on the mind like it is with me. Even if they could see me though, I doubt the humans wouldn't try to kill me. There are no more 'mythical' creatures. Pegasai died out, trolls and goblins died out. Even the dragons were hunted to extinction. The griffons are essentially the last of mythical creatures, and I don't know how many others there are; for all I know the rest have died and I'm the last one," Mia cawed sadly and sat down in front of the car.

''Humans don't think AI's exist anymore...I'm more than a car.'' She piped up.

"I would have thought the opposite. Humans are so into the technology stuff, I would have thought that things like you, talking machines, would be more common. Are AI just outdated?"

CD shifted to her human-like form, a hand over some torn skin, hair soaking wet. ''Yea..Humans got afraid of AI takeover..''

"I guess that makes sense. Humans are very territorial. That's why they used to have wars," Mia said and gave a startled screech as the car morphed. "Well, you certainly are a peculiar human machine. Come on, my cave isn't too far away," Mia bent low and motioned for her to get on.

CD gets onto her back carefully. Even though she was a machine, she barely weighed much. Given that her build was made to be light for those cases of fleeing. ''I fought wars too...Or used to. Not many wars to fight now, with all these new creations coming about.''

"Well, that's a hood thing. Wars rarely bring anything good about," Mia said thoughtfully and started to trot towards her cave. Once inside, she lay down to let her off.
"Anyways, I've already introduced myself, so who are you?"

CD slides off, and shrugs, wincng a bit. ''My names Cranky Doortrap. Spy of squadron 6848...Until the wars ended. Now I'm a car thing that has no real place to exist. I'm damaged from seawater.''

"That's an odd name," Mia started to preen her wings, plucking out loose feathers. "How did you wind up on this beach anyways?"

''Did a last minute escape and landed in the ocean. I figured I was umderwater for decades until the waves washed me ashore. My engine was clogged and full of sand until your tapping stirred up my systems.''

"Okay. So that's how the machines work, engines," Mia mused, "Well, is there anything I can help you with right now?"

''Well, not really...But I'm drenched and my systems are messed up. Can I stay here until I'm dry?''

"Sure. You can lean against me to dry off faster if you want," Mia told her.

CD leaned against her. ''So how did you find me without freaking out at the site?''

"You're looking at someone who watched the last dragon die and is considered mythological by the rest of the world. I'm not exactly scared by much," Mia curled around Cranky, her fur and feathers already damp.
"No wars means there's no use for you. It's like we both don't exist."

''We exist only to ourselves..Most just think I'm here to ruin life. I was a good fighter in my days before the war ended. I had a friend, too. A giant plane that was an AI too, but they were blown up after I escaped with their help. A world that made me now wants me gone..''

(gtg to bed. night)

"I won't argue with that," Mia yawned and spread one of her wings over Cranky's body. "I'm pretty sure I've lived longer than you, but I've never so much as thought about human wars. What are they like?"

''They are wars full of death and doom. Where the innocent seems to pay the deadly price for being in there. Tons of humans were killed, and millions of vechicles were blown up from bombs. The air smelled like rotting flesh, and the cries of the injured echoed loosely..''

"Then I'm very glad I never had to take part. That sounds horrible," Mia shivered at the description.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Washed ashore (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus