Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Jaygo Stone (played by PeacockMan) Topic Starter

"I know as much as you. I wish I could just find another kid off the street. But when boss knows, he knows." He said sadly. He hated new recruits, they always got into his business.
Ajax Stone (played by Zephyrezz)

"Just freaking great." Ajax sighed, scratching her head through her hat. "What would be in it for me?" She asked, actually considering the option. It would mean a somewhat steady job, and maybe she could provide better things for these kids instead of second-hand stuff from the thrift store.

"Not sure, depends on the bosses mood, I guess" He said. "You might get a room and a small supply of weapons." He said. He had gotten very lucky. When he joined, the boss was very happy and gave him a secret stash room and a huge supply of weapons. He had some tie ins and was able to be welcomed into the 'family' quite quickly.

"Fine, just a sec though." Ajax turned towards the rest of the hallway and cleared her throat. "FREE FOR ALL!!" She yelled, smiling a bit as kids raced out of their rooms and into hers. Whenever someone yelled "free for all" they had better be serious, because in that particular housing that term meant someone was going away and wasn't planning on taking their stuff. Hence the "FFA".

"I'm ready." Ajax gently pushed a toddler out of the way of the rampaging kids so she wouldn't be trampled.

Jaygo liked back and gave a small chuckle as a stampede began and 20 or so children began to raid Ajax's room. "You sure you didn't need any of that?" He said as he began his trek back to his 'home'.

"Positive, I've got all my weapons on me and that's all I really need. Plus I have the money from the last job for things if I so happen to need them." Ajax trailed after him, stuffing her hands into her pocket. She assumed they would be going back to the building from before, where she met with the old dude and got the awesome job.

"Still not 100 percent sure what the boss will offer you..." He said, actually kind of feeling bad for her, as she might not even get a room. But the boss seemed to like her, so he didn't worry too much. 'Who needs feelings anyway' he thought to himself.

"Doesn't matter, If I need money I can get it from a side job." Ajax waved her hand, tugging her hat a little farther down her forehead. Her head was constantly moving around, assessing the shadows for any cops that lurked about. They knew about the homeless children around here, they just chose not to do anything but send the children right back to orphanages.

"So, how long were you following me?" Ajax glanced sideways at him, her legs matching his stride even though she was shorter.

"well, I saw the boat." He explained. "Pretty clever of you by the way." He had always heard of many criminals getting caught very quickly because they had no escape plan. 'funny that a young girl can be smarter than a 35 year old professional...' he thought to himself.

"Thanks, but that wasn't the best I could do." She said matter-o-factly, her voice holding no sense of bragging. Ajax was confident, not cocky, and that's what kept her in the game as long as she's been in it. "So how long you been a criminal?" She asked as a silence filler.

"nearly my entire life!" He said. "My family wasn't really... functional, and I had to take care of myself. Eventually it just became a way of life." He said. "And what about you? You seem to be quite young." He asked.

Debating for a moment about exactly how much to tell Jaygo, Ajax lifted her head to the sky while she walked. "My parents kicked me out of the house on my 6th birthday, claiming they couldn't take care of me anymore." She spat the second part venomously, hating her cowardly parents. "But I was stealing since I was 3, since my parents barely fed me or my little brother." Ajax tightened her fists in fury, remembering when they kicked her out.

"I tried to take my brother with me, after all he would have a better chance with me than them. But they called the police and claimed I kidnapped him. He died in the struggle, since I wouldn't give him back to them. After that I ran, and I've been running ever since." She admitted, actually telling him more than she was entirely comfortable with.

Jaygo actually felt a little bad for her. He never had siblings, but it must have been hard to lose someone she cared about so much. 'that would explain why she hung around the orphans' he thought to himself. "I never had siblings, and my mom and dad just weren't there. My mom had a mental breakdown after my dad died, and she just stared off all day." He said

Deciding that it was best not to reply to that, Ajax brought her head down to look at where she was going. She couldn't exactly say she was sorry, she was sure he wouldn't appreciate it much if she started sympathising. It just wasn't something you said, rather you showed you understood with your actions.

"So, how much farther to the house?" She changed the subject, hoping he would follow her lead.

"It's just right around this corner," he said, pointing down the street a little ways. As they neared it, Jaygo began to worry that she might become his permanent partner. Although he hated having her join, he couldn't disobey the boss. He probably wouldn't live much longer if he figured out that he had lied.

"Kay." Ajax replied, watching the road in front of her. As they neared the building, Ajax got a bit nervous. It could be a permanent job for her, something that will keep her alive a bit longer. Looking up at the run down exterior, she realized that nobody would ever suspect a building like this to be a base for a crime syndicate.

Jaygo pushed the usual brick into it's place, and led Ajax upstairs. As he opened the door and began to enter, the boss said, "Let me talk to her in private." Jaygo walked out grudgingly and motioned Ajax into the room. He was very nervous, as the boss was going to make all the decisions.

Following Jaygo back into the house once again, Ajax glanced around in interest. Last time she hadn't gotten a chance to look around since she had been nervous, but this time she took in the beautiful interior of the building. Upon reaching the top floor, Ajax was surprised when Jaygo motioned her inside and stayed in the hallway.

Walking into the room, Ajax gently closed the door behind her and turned to face the boss.

"I really like the finesse and agility you used on your 'mission." He said as he looked into Ajax's eyes. "How would you like a full time job here? I could give you a room and a fair stock of weapons." He said, definitely wanting her on the team.

Not expecting that, Ajax's mouth dropped open a bit and she just stared. This dude is for real. He really actually wants me. She smiled, nodding her head vigorously. "That would be super awesome!" It was all she could do not to start jumping up and down with excitement. She would get her own room and a stock of weapons, the weapons interesting her more than the room really. Realizing that she didn't exactly say yes, she amended her mistake. "Yes please." Ajax beamed.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus