Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Jaygo Stone (played by PeacockMan) Topic Starter

"theres another hidden entrance just down the road from here. We need to get there as fast as possible in order to avoid being caught. The cops won't be here for up to another 10 minutes if we're lucky." He said as he jumped off the roof and landed with a roll. "Throw the bags down to me." He said
Ajax Stone (played by Zephyrezz)

Ajax picked up the bags one at a time, throwing each down to Jaygo before jumping off the roof as well. Landing with a roll as well, she took her shoes out of her shirt and untucked it. Slipping her shoes onto her feet really quick, Ajax jogged to the end of the bank to make sure the road was clear for the time being. "Lead away."

Jaygo walked down a dark alley just a block or two away from the bank and pushed in another brick. A small tunnel was revealed that led right back to the main 'lobby' area that they were at earlier. He went to his stash and opened another door down there. It opened up to a small basement looking area with a bed, a table, and a desk. "Let's get this divvied up and get you out of here" he said. He poured both bags onto a table that was in the room and began splitting the money 25-75

(Sorry, I've been on vacation in NC and haven't been able to get on my laptop allot. I just got home yesterday at like, 11pm and passed out on my bed. lol. >_<)

Ajax followed Jaygo, looking over her shoulder every couple of steps to make sure they weren't being followed. When they got to the lobby, she almost sighed in relief. "Okay." Ajax nodded, not touching the money since he was already splitting it. So also wasn't touching the money because she didn't want to admit she couldn't do math very well. She knew her numbers and her alphabet, so she could read basic warning signs but that was about it. Ajax also couldn't add large numbers in less than 10 minutes.

(No problem)

"The sooner I get you out of here, the quicker I can go back to my regular life." Said Jaygo coldly. He was happy that they got this done, but he still didn't understand why he needed a partner for it. He hated working with partners, just another person in the way. He handed Omega a stack of cash and told her to grab her weapons out of his stash. "They should all be there." He said. His stash had almost one of every weapon. He had been building it up for years.

"Mr.Grumpy Pants is back." Ajax muttered, accepting the cash and stuffing it into her small bag. Then a bit louder, "Ok." She called over her shoulder as she walked over to the stash, grabbing twenty-four throwing knives, the sword, and the two Karambits. Finding a place for them on her body was easy; the sword went into a sheath on her side, the throwing knives sat in a dozen hiding places in her clothes, and a Karambit went into each boot.

Once she was all ready, making sure nothing was going to fall out as she ran, Ajax walked back over to Jaygo. "I'm ready, is there a secret way out that leads near the harbor?"

"Sure." he said. He walked her to the small doorway that they originally entered through and said "Don't let those weapons get traced back to me!" as he waved her out the door. He walked upstairs to his boss and showed him the money. "Great job" said the boss. "That was the quickest you've ever gotten a job done!" he said surprised. "Maybe I should sign her for some work here?" Jaygo immediately responded with a resounding "NO!". In spite of Jaygo's disagreement, the boss wanted her on the team. "Go find her agian, and let her know I want her to join the team. And remember... I don't take no as an answer" Said the boss as Jaygo walked out of the room and began his search for Omega again.

Ajax followed Jaygo to the small doorway and nodded, knowing it would be bad for her to get caught with his weapons. "They won't get traced if you bought them properly." She scowled, running through the door. She wasn't sure if he had actually heard her or not, but she didn't care. Ajax just wanted to go do her other job, which would guarantee her some food for a week or two.

Turning towards the harbor, Ajax slipped in between two buildings sitting close to each other and began climbing up to the roof. It was tricky work, since she was climbing vertically up without any handholds. Eventually she made it to the roof, seeing her prey in the distance. The Ebba was docked a little ways down the harbor, it's light pink siding almost glow in the dark.

Running along the rooftops and keeping her head down, Ajax moved closer to the ship. It was a fairly small ship, mainly meant for light fishing trips. That would provide a perfect cover for now. Sliding down the side of the building, Ajax ran onto the boat and saw her sleeping prey. He was dead with one flick of her wrist, one of her new blades embedded in his throat. Taking care not to leave any fingerprints, Ajax cut an "X" into the flesh under the man's left armpit. It was her signature, to tell everyone that Omega had killed him. Someone had even been copying her a while back, but the police had caught them in less than a week.

Ajax put her gloves on and grabbed a length of rope, tying it to the steering wheel and the accelerator. The harbor police would be on the boat before it even left the harbor, since she would rig it to go as fast as it could towards the old wooden bridge. Turning the engine on, Ajax ran towards the back of the boat and jumped before it could gain too much speed. It was a really good thing her friend and mentor Jak taught her how to swim.

As the sirens started, Ajax pulled herself out of the water and onto dry land and quickly ran towards the place she now called home.

(Think this)
Fishing_boat_in_the_Canary_Islands.jpg

Jaygo walked in a random direction and began looking for omega again. As he walked, he suddenly heard sirens. He ran to the source of them and saw a boat speeding off with 2 or 3 patrol boats following close behind. He laughed as the patrol boats closed in on it and stopped it, but his grin quickly faded when he noticed a soaking wet omega climb out of the water and run in a random direction. 'You are quite clever.' he thought to himself, slightly impressed that she had been able to come up with this distraction. He sighed and began following omega as she ran into the unknown (at least, it was unknown to him).

Ajax hardly glanced over her shoulder on her way home, too confident that she had gotten away and wasn't being followed. She didn't notice Jaygo following her at all. Turning into an alleyway about a mile away from her kill, Ajax scaled the wall using the windowsills as grips. When she got about three quarters of the way up she threw herself sideways into a window, the glass long having been removed. The building was long abandoned and the front doors were welded shut to hold the cops back for a couple minutes in case they raided. There was also other homeless kids in the building, but they generally left Ajax alone so long as she didn't bring too much trouble back.

Ajax headed towards the end of the hallway, stopping in front of the second to last door. She dug a key out of her pocket and opened the padlock hanging on the outside of the door before going in, locking the door from the inside this time. The door was newer than the rest of the rotting building, the wood nice and sturdy. It would take several more minutes to get through, and by that time Ajax would already be gone. Stripping out of her clothes, Ajax padded quietly over to the bath in the corner and sank into the cold water.

Jaygo saw the building she jumped into, and he jumped into a window near hers. He followed her far behind until she walked into, what he assumed, was her room. He noticed other kids and asked one of them, "Do you know that girl that just went into that room?"

A little boy answered Jaygo, his hand clenched tightly around the older girl's hand beside him. "Uh huh. That's Ajax, she's ok but we stay away from her 'cause she always comes home covered in blood and yucky stuff." The boy frowned, glancing over at the door as if Ajax was listening. "Sometimes she brings home food and clothes and stuff for us to decorate our rooms with, even though hers is really empty." The boy continued, tugging on the bottom of his dirty green sweater.

Meanwhile, Ajax relaxed in the bath water. She had taken her hat off so she could wash the dirt and blood out of her blonde hair, and while she washed it she debated whether or not to cut it again. It would be out of the way.... but I kinda like it this long.... Ah well, I'll cut it when I get out of the bath. Ajax dunked her hair underwater, the dirt and blood swirling in the water.

Jaygo decided to wait until she came out to tell her about what the boss wanted. 'Who knows what shes doing in there?' he thought to himself. He decided to just sit in the main are and talk with the kids to see if he could find out more about Ajax. "So, when did she show up?" he asked

"She showed up here a little over a year ago, and she was covered in blood." The little boy explained, glancing over at Ajax's door to make sure she wasn't coming out anytime soon. "We had heard there was a girl circling around the abandoned buildings that kids squatted in, and nobody would let her in 'cause of what she did." The boy hesitated, unsure whether to tell this stranger about Ajax's past. He only knew because Ajax had asked him to stitch a couple wounds and had gotten drunk from drinking some alcohol to dull the pain.

In the room, Ajax pulled herself out of the tub after scrubbing her body free of any dirt. She felt good since her bath, the memory of the murder already fading from her mind. Ajax walked over to the only chest in the room, grabbing a black tank top and some camo pants from within. Her next job didn't need her to blend in, just to pay attention.

"So you don't know why she came here?" He asked. " Just that she showed up one day?" He thought about that. Why would she specifically come to a house full of little children? Maybe she just liked little kids, maybe it helped her cover her identity, or maybe she liked the company? He didn't know. He kindly said "thanks for the info, kid" and stayed where he was sitting, watching the door.

Throwing on the black tank top, Ajax walked over to the mirror with a pair of scissors in her hand. She carefully cut her hair so it was just above her ears. Then she grabbed the razor from the night table, cutting the sides close to her scalp so she only had fuzz on the sides and short hair on the top. Running her hand through her now boycut hair, Ajax grabbed her pants and put them on. I think I'm good. She grabbed her hat and pulled it on, along with her various weapons and walked out her front door. Ajax didn't bother to lock the door behind her, the kids new that if they stole anything from her than they wouldn't get anything when she came back.

Meanwhile, the boy was long gone by the time Ajax came out the door.

Jaygo walked over to the door as he heard it begin to open. "So, this is where you live?" Said Jaygo as Ajax walked out. "And your real name is Ajax?" He said with a little sneer. It was always too easy to learn more about people.

Ajax stopped cold when she saw Jaygo standing in front of her, and she was mortified that he found out her "real" name. "Who told you?" She asked, her voice cold as she glanced around him down the hallway. The kids took this as their que to hurry back into their rooms, too afraid to stay and watch.

"Seems some of your kids are a little quick to talk when someone new walks in." He says. "You may want to let them know who's boss around. Speaking of boss, miner wants you on his team." He said quickly, not liking his own words.

"They'll know who's boss as soon as the nice things stop rolling in." Ajax muttered under her breath, glancing down the hallway again. But whoever told, they'll feel the loss the hardest. She scowled, turning her attention back to Jaygo. "I thought that was supposed to be a one time thing? Why does he want me, why can't you just go and find another street kid?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus