Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Jaygo Stone (played by PeacockMan) Topic Starter

The boss sat back in his chair and chuckled at her enthusiasm. "Alright. You can have the first floor room. Write me a list and I'll pick up a couple weapons next time I get ahold of Tony." He said. "Another easy catch" he said to himself with a chuckle as he turned his chair around, excusing Ajax from the room.
Ajax Stone (played by Zephyrezz)

"Sweet!" Ajax ran from the room as soon as the boss dismissed her, forgetting about Jaygo in the hallway until she ran into him. Falling backwards onto her but, she looked up at Jaygo with a large grin on her face. "He said I could have the first floor room and to write him a list of a couple weapons." She chatted excitedly.

"well, sounds like the boss quite likes you." He said as he looked down at Ajax and was slightly humored at how excitedley she had run out of the room. This one had a lot of potential, seeing as she was small, nimble, dangerous, and full of energy. Basically the perfect criminal. Maybe being forced to be HER partner wouldn't be too bad.

"Can you help me find my room since you know the place better than me? It's the one on the first floor." Ajax continued chatting, pratically bouncing on the heels of her feet. This was one of the first times she's been accepted for who she was, it made her feel good.

Jaygo could clearly see how excited she was to finally have a 'family' to be a part of. "Sure thing." He said with a grin. 'first floor, huh?' he said as he looked towards the door to the boss' office. 'You must have wanted her real bad' He thought to himself as he began his descent. "So, excited for the new job?" He asked her whilst making the long climb back down.

"Yea, what's the job anyways? You never told me?" Ajax followed him down the steps, stopping her bouncing so she wouldn't fall face-first down the steps. She honestly didn't care what the job was, as long as she could stay here and actually work she was fine.

(God I feel awful for the post being so short... >_<)

"Well, the job is basically whatever the boss wants done. I've heard that he has recently run into some trouble with the gang that hangs out just down the street from here." He said as he finally reached the bottom. He pointed towards a large room with an open door. It had a bathroom attached to it as well as another, smaller room. "There's your new room." He said.

((It's fine. It's longer than the ones I get in my other rp... XD))

Pausing for a second, Ajax glanced towards the door of her new room. The gang down the street..... The Ivory Eyes, if we're thinking of the same ones. I realllllly don't want to tangle with them.... All this ran through Ajax's head within a few seconds as she covered the distance between her and the door. The room was larger than she expected, probably twice the size of her old room at the hotel.

"Wow, this is sooooo awesome!! Is this whole thing mine?" She asked, bouncing on the heels of her feet again.

"As long as you finish any assignments, it's all yours." He said with a smile, as he smirked at the way she bounced in excitement. "I'm gonna get some sleep before the next job, and you probably should as well. The boss is often unpredictable. You'll never know when the next time you see a bed." He said as he popped down into his room, leaving Ajax to her thoughts for the night.

As he lay in bed, he began to think about Ajax's past.' Did she have one?' 'Who were her parents?' 'Why is she on the streets so young?' Were all questions that traveled amongst his consciousness as he slowly fell into his slumber. TOMMOROW, he would be sure to look into these things a bit.

"SWEEET!!!" Ajax yelled, not bothering to be quiet at the moment. She was just too excited. Never before had she had a room as large as this to herself. Smiling, Ajax turned and nodded at Jaygo. "Kay!" She shut the door behind her as Jaygo left, locking it out of paranoia. You can never be too safe afterall.

Taking advantage of the room immediately, Ajax pulled off her clothes and ran a bath in the large claw-foot tub located in the bathroom. She climbed into it, putting a knife on the small table beside the tub. Ajax sat in the tub for a while, thinking about what this could mean for her. It would mean a family, possibly. But it would also mean a safe place to hide and rest her head.

When she was done with the bath, Ajax climbed out and looked at her clothes. They were dirty, torn, and several inches too short. Scowling, Ajax picked them up and threw them into the trash. Well, except for her underwear. She had to wear something afterall. Once she was at least a little covered, Ajax crawled into the large bed and fell asleep.

(Do you want to time skip or do you want me to edit and time skip?)

(I got it)

In the morning, Jaygo awoke to the sound of footsteps upstairs. He climbed out and found that every criminal in the building had been called to the lobby for a special announcement from the boss. Since nobody knew about Ajax yet, he walked over to her room and knocked on the door, yelling "The boss is about to make an announcement. You may wanna get out here."

Ajax had been dreaming about a particularly large bear with bleeding eyes trying to give her a hug when a knocking at the door jarred her awake. Ugh, why can't I be someone who sleeps like the dead..... She wondered to herself as she crawled out of bed, grabbing her clothes out of the trash. "I really need new clothes." Scowling, Ajax pulled the clothes on and yanked the door open.

"Kay, ready. Show me the way." Ajax had no clue where announcements were usually held, so she waited for Jaygo to lead the way.

Jaygo gave her a smile and pointed up. "This building isn't very large, so the boss just sits at the top of the stairs and tells everyone in the lobby at the same time." He said. Just as he finished talking, a hush fell upon the group. The boss walked out of his room and looked down at all of the criminals at the bottom.

"As you all may know, me and my... associates have been having some disagreements lately. Last night, they took our business to the police, and I lost a lot of money. We need to teach our partners how we do business here." He said slowly. "I want all of you to position yourselves outside their little 'hideout' and wait for the fireworks. Once they start, it's all out war. I want my money back, plus intrest." He said with a grin. "The cops should be preoccupied during our little... party, so no need to worry about them, you just need to worry about them and their money" He said as he ground his teeth and clenched his fists. "That is all."

Listening to the boss give the announcement, Ajax couldn't help but smile in delight when she heard the "mission". Sweet, I get to do something bloody this time. Her eyes glinted in excitement, and it was all she could do to keep from bouncing up and down with enthusiasm. When the boss finished and everyone started trickling out of the room Ajax turned to Jaygo.

"Sweet!!! Is this going down tonight? And does it matter where I post myself?" She fired off the questions quickly, eager to get to the streets. I guess I need to find out where their hideout is too... Ajax filed that question for later, after the first two were answered.

Jaygo looked down and smirked at her enthusiasm. She was definitely still a kid. "The raid should be happening tomorrow night. The boss always gives us a warning a day in advance." He said. "You seem pretty excited about this. What is it? The murder or the 'group bonding'?" He said with a chuckle.

Ajax was glad that the raid wasn't until tomorrow night, that way she would have time to prepare. "Definitely the murder part." She responded, wrinkling her nose at the mention of group bonding. Never had she done a mission as a group; maybe with one other person, but never a group. It would be a new experience to say the least.

"Just one thing though....." Ajax plucked the fabric of her shirt between her forefinger and thumb and pulled it slightly away from her body."I'm going to need new clothes, cause these ones are rank." She laughed waving her other hand in front of her face.

Jaygo looked down at Ajax's clothes. "That is Carter's department." He said, pointing towards a very tall and muscular man. "He's in charge of all things clothing or accessory wise." He informed Ajax. "We've got a system going. Need a weapon, that's my expertise. Ford's got gadgets and Heath has drugs. We all have ties in somewhere." He said, much like a tour guide. "I'm gonna hole up for the night. Let me know if you have anymore questions." He glanced down at her much like a stranger would a child. "Or do you want me to hold your hand to go talk to the big man?" He teased.

Ajax watched as Jaygo pointed out each man in turn, explaining their expertise to her. She paid extra close attention and memorized their faces, who knows when she would need their help. She was so caught up in her memorization routine that she almost missed his teasing comment. Almost.

Scowling, Ajax crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. "I could kill him seven different ways without even moving from this spot. I'm not scared of him." She declared proudly, letting her boast cover her half-lie. It was true that she could kill him seven different ways from where she was standing, but it was only half true that she wasn't scared of him. She was scared like every other kid is scared when they see a large man like him. Ajax's experience with men didn't include many happy times.

She squared her shoulders and walked over to the big man Jaygo pointed out, holding her head up high as she walked. When she got to the man, she tugged on the bottom of his shirt to get his attention. "Hey, you're Carter right?"

The large man turned around, glaring down at her briefly before his face broke into a small smile. "What can I do for you little lady?" He asked, making Ajax huff. He towered over Ajax, six feet of muscled mass. His laugh was deep as his voice, and almost as comforting as his bulk was.

"Jaygo said you're the man to go to if someone needed clothes." Ajax plucked her shirt between her pointer finger and thumb, pulling it slightly away from her body. "Mine are rags at best." She tried to hide the grimace, failing spectacularly.

Carter nodded, turning to the man he had been talking to before. Within a minute he was leading her away from the main room and into the back of the building, his broad shoulder skimming the narrow walls on each side. "There are some extra crates back here where we store the overflow. There used to be a kid your size in the crew, until he got himself killed trying to prove himself." Carter ambled on, unconcerned that Ajax wasn't really listening. They arrived at room with the crates, Carter leaving Ajax alone to pick out some clothes.

Once she picked out some clothes, Ajax headed back up to her room.

As Jay lie in bed, he reflected upon recent events. He thought about Ajax, and how she seemed like she'd already had a tough life and she didnt even look 16 yet! She felt sorry for her. She didn't even get to enjoy being a kid before she was thrust into her life of crime. At least he had his first 15 or so years of friendship with his friends. He felt his heart reach out for her, almost as a little sibling, but he quickly cut it off. His life was not one that allowed attachments. He wouldn't allow himself to see her as his little sister. She was just another criminal on the streets. He turned over and began to fall asleep, feeling just a little bit softer than the previous night.

Come morning, Jaygo was the first to wake up, as he always was, and he went up into the lobby. He walked over to the crate of food and pulled out a bagel. He sat leaned against the wall and relaxed as he showed down on his breakfast, waiting for people to wake up.

Ajax managed to find her room without much difficulty, only taking the wrong turn once or twice before finally making it to her door. She tossed the armful of clothes into a straight-backed chair in the corner and changed out of the dirty clothes she was wearing. Those went into the trash. Putting on a pair of boxers she had found in the storage room, Ajax padded into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

She already felt as if she belonged, everyone being pretty nice to her. It might just because she's new, or it might be because she's a kid. Either way, nobody was discriminating against her here though. They were all criminals together. Finishing her teeth, Ajax turned off the light in the bathroom and headed into bed.

It took her a while to fall asleep, possible scenarios running through her head as she stared up at the ceiling. What if she failed, then everyone would probably hate her. Or what if she got someone else killed? Then they would really hate her. She didn't want to be hated, not this time. She wanted to be accepted for who she was, not who she made them believe she was. With this, Ajax fell asleep.

In the morning Ajax awoke as the sun rose, stretching her arms above her head. She got dressed and headed downstairs, watching as a few people emerged from their rooms to join her. Once she got to the lobby, she didn't know where to go. So she just sat in the corner next to the stairs while she waited waited for someone to tell her position in the raid tonight.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Special Job [1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus