Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Would you use pre-made bbcode?

If I put up some paste buckets with links to the bbcode templates used on my profile, would you guys use them?
Any suggestions on any bbcode layouts you'd like see?
Let me know. :)

BBcode snippets have been moved to Beebee's profile!
I would. I am terrible with making my own bbcode templates and tend to try and replicate ones I see because I have no idea what I am doing half the time.

If nobody else wants them then just pm them all to me ;_;

I want them all
yes. so much yes.
BobbinK

Yes, yes, yes, you beautiful human being you
I've always wanted to offer the same or do commissions for this but wasn't sure how well received it'd be. So I'm down to offer my services and premade layouts as well if anyone wants them! :)
konnie wrote:
I've always wanted to offer the same or do commissions for this but wasn't sure how well received it'd be. So I'm down to offer my services and premade layouts as well if anyone wants them! :)

For a while I kept trying to line up commissioning bbcode stuff off of people, but gave up on the idea because nobody seemed to be offering it Or the ones that did offer it had vanished from the world it would seem.
Silas Topic Starter

konnie wrote:

If you have any tricks to share, I'd love to see them!!!!!

I've added some things in the first post. :)
BobbinK

Thank you so much, i've been trying to do the center image and text around for an age!
<3
Fiebs wrote:
konnie wrote:

That is a nifty way to do the centering. I always did tricky work with the image sizes having huge transparent boxes, but I love that way better.

I have a trick I found out a few years back, but you can use hovertext by using the acronym tag [ acronym=hidden words omg so sneaky]wordsheretoo, but not as sneaky[/acronym], but the downside to this is that there is no way to tell what is hovertext and what isnt without making a mark of it or somehing, but it'd look a little something like this <- hover over that shiz.

It also works for images too, but has a less useful function.
Fiebs wrote:
konnie wrote:

Once I'm not mobile I'll throw some pastebin things of my own together, but some simple tricks I use are aligns and columns with multiple text boxes to organize.

I was able to skinny up someone's gallery (over at Cassette's RPR) using transparent images and I've also aligned galleries into the flow of text with as seen on Taullie's RPR.

Another trick is using color=transparent to even up columns with some jibberish text, and it also allows YouTube videos in columns if you do this. :D

umm if there's any particulars you see in any of my RPR's you want me to explain or show the code for, just ask?

I also worked on all of Vegas' RPR's so if you like any of his char pages....

.... if anyone still wants a custom commission bbcode job I'm more than willing to work things out with someone, just throw a PM my way. :)
Yes. I would use immensely (if only to clean up and prettify my own profile and add some oomph to my RPR profiles.)
Mina Moderator

Konnie did devs and a few more of mine!! A++

EDIT: Fiebs you're so talented! Thanks for the tips. Psps...your templates make me swoon
I wold love bbcode...cause..it's so confusing to me..like...I still have a vague what they are and know that it's to make sires pretty.
I love playing around with both css and bbcode (though I'm doing much better with the latter). The hardest part is trying to figure out how you want the info laid out and then making the code work for you.

What you posted actually gives me some ideas for some code I was struggling with, so now I have something new to try.

Really appreciate you sharing. (:
Silas Topic Starter

You guys are too kind!!! tyvm :) I've added some more codes which include information formatting + embedding youtube videos above images with no gaps.
Silas Topic Starter

OKAY -- using some of the codes above I've started on a new template for you guys. Click above to preview it. Once it's available I'll update the thread. All templates will be uploaded to BeeBee :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Would you use pre-made bbcode?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus