Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » That Feeling When You're RP is Ignored ;-;

Nekoshou6241

I was saying wow responding to _EBG

My lord and Savior, Chicken Jesus! *Bows into prostrate stance*
:) :)
I have blessed thee and thy chat with my delicious holy love!!!

tumblr_mp80ohvzjf1svxkqdo1_500.gif
Flashwolf96 Topic Starter

Chicken-sama kun senpai san sensei chan dono samaaaaa
Nekoshou6241

Yes! All hail Lord Chicken Jesus!!!!!
JuicebQx

I made a Madoka Magica themed group a while back and it's been about a month since I posted it, only 4 people ever bothered. It's a tough life trying to be a GM.
JuicebQx wrote:
I made a Madoka Magica themed group a while back and it's been about a month since I posted it, only 4 people ever bothered. It's a tough life trying to be a GM.

True, Juice I would as other people in "In the Dome" or ask your friends. :)

That helps get more members or just go to browse characters and invite a ton of them that could fit for your group. I also did that, yes I seemed like a stalker, but hey people joined XD
Woozy

_EBG wrote:
I have blessed thee and thy chat with my delicious holy love!!!

Is2g you and your chicken
Woozy

Actually, I was going to start rping in that group. But I was unsure since when I checked it nobody wrote. So it felt burdening to start it first. But I am forgetful, so I haven't checked it out since two days ago. And I'm so sorry, forgive me ;-;
Nekoshou6241

_EBG wrote:

Eat mor chikn!!!!
I believe everyone has this feeling from time to time. For me, it's when a plot or roleplay I'm involved in seems to be going nowhere, or is being put on pause for a long time that I start to feel a bit bad OOCly because I loved the roleplay. But it seems like the other party is no longer interested.

Sometimes this might not be the case, and they're simply busy with real life, which is fine.
But I can understand how seeing people posting new topics looking for roleplay can cause you to feel bad because your roleplay isn't getting any attention.
Flashwolf96 wrote:
So I made this group called Assassination Classroom a while back. It has the best intro I've ever made, and I was super proud of it. With some encouragement, I was able to post it on the Looking For RP section, but so far I haven't gotten any replies that weren't from my friends and generally just people I knew. It was a few days ago too, and I even bumped it once. Since then, people have been making new Looking For RP posts and gotten replies, but mine is still being ignored.

#Like dis if u cray every tahm ;-;

And before you ask, by no means is this an attempt to promote my own rp post. I'm just telling you how the struggle is real, and maybe find some people that have experienced the same thing. So don't feel obligated to reply to it, or even check it out.

Unfortunately, it happens to all of us.

We write this great huge post of awesomeness! We are so proud of it we let our friends see and they go OH WOW MAN THAT'S A GREAT POST.

But. None of them reply. Why?

Likely it's nothing to do with how you posted it. Likely it's everything to do with individual taste! Sometimes, people just aren't interested in as a plot as much as you are. So their enthusiasm for the RP might die off, and it has nothing to do with you at all! They just aren't feeling it anymore, have no excitement for it anymore!

But they should at least have the decency and self awareness to tell you. "Look, I'm not feeling this anymore. I'm sorry."

The good news is! There is a sea of new faces you can roleplay with, who are just as talented in writing. And likely more eager and excited for the story you are writing out together then the last person was! Don't get discouraged just because your taste in this plot was different from theirs or view. There will be someone who pairs up with ya! Keep looking and keep your head up high!
As most have said, we've all been there. With looking for rp posts, it's just a matter of inspiration. Sometimes people just don't have the inspiration for the same things you do. Just do your best, and sometimes we have to remember that there will be rp ideas that sadly fall flat.
I understand this so well! I have posted 1X1s, Regular RPs and I have two group RPs. I am having a hard time getting people interested in the group ones and when someone who does join th one group RP, they soon quit responding. Then I have to give a few warnings (not really since it is in the rules about being on line to respond every 2 days.....) then I go about and kick them out of the group because they are not following the rules that I have set up even..

It is very disappointing and I have put many hours in creating this one RP. new things to do, new items, and more. I just do not understand why but I keep going back to the Group RP and try to keep the posts moving.

If I ever figure out how to keep people interested in the RP for months and how to create such an rp, I'll let you know.
There seems to be a medieval/fantasy craze going on at the moment, so that might be the reason.

Though I think you should keep trying ^^ I'm sure some people will join sooner or later.
I am starting a level at the moment and then it will be a while before the next one will be opening up. I am thinking about a camping trip might be a new way to interested people.
I change the way that people get to my Academy. Variety is the Spice of Life!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » That Feeling When You're RP is Ignored ;-;

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus