Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A late Refuelling

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

AJ frowned, "You don't have any money, Roo." Her cheek burned a bit, "Uh, I was just wondering is all. I didn't think you were the only one, maybe you knew of others or met others."
Black Chariot (played by CactusBat)

Black Chariot nodded his head, "I've met a few, yeah. Not really gonna use names, you understand. Anonymity is the biggest protection we have. But I met a guy who could make illusions with ink, a super-swordswoman, a literal vampire-like guy...Alot of people."

Black Chariot focused more heavily on the food, munching hungrily and needing the caffeine to keep him awake. "AJ? I thought you said your name was Anna. Oh well...Looks like you don't got a choice. You're getting food either way."
Roosevelt flinched. Oops, wrong name. Too late now. "Well, the food is great," he said, taking a bite of his burger. "But it sounds like you're run into a lot of interesting people out there. Were they all here in this city? Or was it elsewhere that you found them?"

Aj frowned and poked Roo. She sat there and pouted, listening. She had no more relevant questions for the moment, so instead she poked a fork into the salad, wondering how she was going to help Roo find work. She would pull some strings to get him some references, but there wasn't much she could do.

She was also dying to get out of the itchy cast and get back to her job.

"More than I am mentioning." He admitted, "But the majority of those where not in this city. It seems I have better luck elsewhere. Then again, when I get to travel it's rare too." He chuckled, "That is the irony isn't it, a vigilante whose powers are best used behind a steering wheel doesn't travel much."
Roosevelt frowned and glanced at AJ. She seemed antsy to him. "Why are you taking us out to lunch? Seems to me a vigilante would have better things to do than hang out with a couple of strangers."

AJ nodded, "Roo's right. After all, you know absolutely nothing about us. We could have been out to hurt you." Not that AJ looked much like someone who could hurt someone right now. Under her hoodie she did have lean muscles, but that was it. Lean.

She felt a stiring at the base of her spine and tried not to groan.

rolled 1d4 and got 1
1 - fork drops 2- she shifts and rips her jeans 3 - the underwire in her bra breaks and cuts her 4 - she chokes on a cruton

"Allow me to rephrase something..." He gave a small smile, "I'm a vigilante that works primarily at night. Normally, right now, I would be sleeping. So this, this is pretty much all whimsy trying to keep myself awake."

He ate the last breaded piece of fish on his plate, and poured himself from ranch to go with the chips. He had drained a whole large pepsi at this point and was working on his second. "Originally, that's what I thought when I saw Anna, or AJ, or whatever hovering around my bike. I originally thought she might've been planting a bomb. Cause that's about the only sabotage someone hasn't tried yet. But really, if you have meant to hurt me, why not ambush me when I was busy with the Not-Zombie?"
Roosevelt twitched. "These days you're probably right about checking your mode of transportation for anything...different. But no, we don't mean you any harm. We're not the type to ambush anyway." He grinned thinking of AJ's penchant for getting into trouble anyway. An ambush would probably turn into them getting ambushed instead.

He finished his burger. "Well, if we're keeping you up, maybe we should part ways." He was getting antsy. "Wouldn't want to cut into your sleep schedule and all."

AJ picked up her fork reluctantly, "Honestly I don't think that I look like someone who would be planting a bomb. I can't really make one hell of a get away." As she puncuated her words with her fork she felt it slip from her grasp, heading right for their host.

Black Chariot shrugged at AJ sheepishly, "Hey, it's nothing personal. You just can never tell with people anymore. So it helps to have a tinge of paranoia towards any new person." He grinned, flashing the whites of his teeth, "Just as I am sure you both have a bit of paranoia regarding me. Only natural." He finished his second pepsi. "But this has been a good way to waste the time, if you are both finished with your meals, feel free to take your leave. I'm just going to finish up these fries before I head off to my own little private fortress of solitude. It has been a pleasure." He glanced at a waitress standing by the door, "She can certainly see you out, I'm sure."
However relaxed he might have looked, Roo was still wary. "Private fortress of solitude, eh?" He smiled briefly. "Guess we all gotta end up somewhere." He scooted his chair back and looked at AJ. "Well, are you ready to go?"

AJ nodded. Her mind was reeling, "Yeah..." She stuck her hands in her pocket, feeling the piece of paper, "Hey, let's go get this checked out?" She looked at it, figured it would be something to do for a few minutes.

Black Chariot didn't engage them in conversation, he just munched the chips part of his fish and chips, and drank his third pepsi. He was now wholly absorbed in the act of eating...and off-handedly listening to their conversation.
"Fine by me," Roosevelt said, and then looked back at Chariot. "Ah, thanks for the meal. After you, AJ."

Roosevelt would follow AJ out and just far enough away to not be considered lurking. And then he'd stop to tell her what he planned to do.

AJ nodded, "Be safe, okay. I did not have a gun waved in my face to lose you to this guy. He freaks me out." She lightly kissed his cheek and went to go check on her ticket.

Black Chariot just continued eating.

And would do so until they where both outside the diner...then more important business came up as Agnes entered the break room and closed the door behind her. There was a click as it locked.

The sweet old woman had gone through a change of face the door shut, immediately drawing out a cigarette and placing it between her lips. "So..." her personable, friend tone was done, replaced by callous, hollow gruffness. "You got a reason why you brought those two there, Jameson?" They were safe with the door closed, the room was fairly sound proofed and scanners in the walls would detect the presence of foreign bugs if any had been placed.

"Yeah, you got enough voice sampling and photos of them?"

"Oh yeah, more than enough. Still doesn't answer my question though."

Black Chariot downed the Pepsi, before pushing his plate away. "Something weird about the Girl. She was giving off wierd vibes all night. And not normal hunch sorta vibes either. Something psychic, made my brain feel fuzzy. I think she's got powers. And the Guy's questions where way too pointed, he was too deeply invested in knowing about me, who I worked for, and what sort of vigilantes are in the city." He grimaced as he took off his mask, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Overall, both were suspicious and I wanted to know why. Run the names Roosevelt and Anna or AJ for along with the evidence we've collected, and if you can, get clearance for me to have print-outs the satellite photos of the park incident earlier this afternoon. Might be something as to what they were doing there."

"What about you? what are you doing now?" Agnes pulled an evidence bag out of her blazer, pulling a pair of latex gloves over her hands, she began to collect the things AJ and Roo had touched to gather Fingerprints that might help in Identifying them.

"Well, I didn't lie to them on everything. I am going home, and going to sleep." He rose and put back on his mask.
Roosevelt gave her a quick kiss and saw her off. "Be careful," he told her, and then slunk back into the shadows to keep an eye out for Chariot. He wasn't planning on hurting or confronting the guy,he just wanted to do a little background checking and intended simply to follow.

Black Chariot emerged, fiddling with a black smart phone. He ran his finger over the touch screen. And then walked over to the bike, leaning on it. He was waiting for something, and after about thirty minutes, it became apparently what it was with the rumbling of a large engine.

A black muscle car rolled into the alleyway, driving carefully by itself right up to Black Chariot and his bike. A remote control for the big vehicle...well...Chariot was a mechanical genius. Chariot placed his hand to his motorcycle, and reconfigured it with his powers, folding it into a small cube and lifting it with his telekinesis. He placed it into the truck of the muscle car and slipped into it, he gave the gas peddle a couple pumps, before backing out of the alleyway and taking off.

He was heading to a place he could call home.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A late Refuelling

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus