Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A late Refuelling

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

She nodded and moved her head to his shoulder, "I will do that. I wanna help you any way I can." She closed her eyes, pulling his arm around her, "I don't want him to hurt you, especially with your histories."
He settled his arm around her, drawing her closer. "If it helps any," he said softly, "I don't think he'll hurt me. We are friends. Even if one of us decides to, ah, take a break. That and he owes me. A lot." A wicked smile crossed Roo's features for a moment, before disappearing. "But that can wait til morning. Or maybe the afternoon."

She laughed softly, leaning into him, "Well, I'm ready whenever you are. I'll wear a skirt so it'll show less if I do pee myself." She wondered what part of her brain had been flicked off for her to continue to say stuff like that." She pursed her lips, "You don't think it'll go too badly, do you? I've got friends who can back you up..."
Roo flinched at the idea of bringing reinforcements to back him up. That was the last thing he wanted to do; as Cody would assume the worst--betrayal by a friend. "No; don't bring your friends into it. I'll have a reasonable, calm conversation with Cody...and things will work out alright." Except things never stayed reasonable or calm around Cody.

"Maybe I'll bring him a coffee..." Roosevelt muttered.

She nodded, "Wants to go to sleep now? It sounds like you're going to have a full day..." She got up to get the afgan and a pillow from her bed. She paused and pulled off the quilt from her bed - it was softer, if not necessarily warmer.

She went to the kitchen with her hands full, managing to put some water on the stove. She returned, "Tada! Now we just need to fold out the couch again." She had yet to hurt herself while helping him pull it out, but it was only a matter of time.
Roosevelt watched as she hauled in a pillow and a blanket. "Let me," he said. "I'll just crash lengthwise on the couch again." He didn't care if it was a sofa-bed. He could sleep just about anywhere--and had, when he was tired enough.

AJ noded, "Okay. I'm gunna make some hot chocolate for you, okay?" She put the pillow down, feeling dead tired herself. A little jumpy. Maybe a bit paranoid. She frowned, her lip twitching. She didn't want to be involved in a confrontation, but wanted to be there to pick up the pieces. Even if Cody didn't hurt him physically, she was certain there would be hurt.
Roosevelt offered her a smile. "Thanks, AJ, that would be great," he arranged the pillow and blanket on the couch and let his mind wander for a moment.

"If you don't want to come, you don't have to," Roosevelt said at length. "I have no idea what's going to go down, or how it'll play out. I-I'm not sure I can guarantee your safety, regardless."

From the kitchen, AJ laughed, "Sweetie, I am a walking disaster. I'll be fine." She smiled as she added the mix to the pot and spilled half of it over the side. She frowned, but since it wasn't bursting into flames she didn't much care. She could clean it up later.
Roosevelt chuckled and went to join her in the kitchen portion of the apartment. "Maybe you're walking disaster will meet up with Cody's walking disaster and you'll cancel each other out. That would be awesome. And maybe too much to hope for."

He eyed the powder on the floor. "I think you missed the pot..." he grinned wryly.

She turned and stuck out her tongue, "Well, I consiter that lucky, rather than putting my hand on the element." She whisked the water and powder, getting a cup, "What time do you wanna get up?"
Roosevelt glanced at his watch. "Well, knowing Cody, he'll probably be burning the midnight oil...not that he ever sleeps...so I guess it doesn't really matter when I get up." He hummed for a moment before deciding. "How about 9am? I'm tired of getting up before the sun rises."

She used a ladle to make a mug of hot chocolate for him and nodded, "Nine AM. Sounds good." She padded off to her own room.

Her alarm went off early, but she was quick to silence it, and unplugging it from her bedroom wall. She kept quiet as she padded into the kitchen, grabbing a cereal bar, plugging the alarm back in, writing a quick note before she headed off to work. She left the door unlocked, not wanting to make too much noise as she locked it, hoping he would stay put until she came home.

Morning!

There is cereal in the cupboard with no handle, milk in the fridge, eggs, bread in the freezer and butter on the windowsill. Eat whatever you want, how much you want, etc. Otherwise there is a bakery down the street - but they're rude to me (long story), so you can try you luck there. <scribbled out part> Love you,

AJ.
He'd been awake enough to hear her move around the apartment before leaving, and when he finally mustered the energy to roll off the couch--and land with a solid thud on the floor--before climbing to his feet and heading into the kitchen, he was thrown by the note. He read it twice, and then tucked it into his pocket before scrounging around through the cupboards.

"Maybe I'll chance the bakery," he murmured, and wished he'd thought to ask AJ what her favorite kind of baked good was. Ah well, he'd have to guess.

He strolled down the street and decided to call up Cody's contact to set up a meeting. No sense putting it off until later--when Cody might meet up with him. "Hello? Yeah, it's Roo. Listen, I need to meet up with Cody. Tonight? How about this afternoon? Alright, that works." He hung up and looked at the bakery he'd come to. It smelled good and his mouth watered. He entered the premises hearing the door jingle his presence.

The staff seemed plenty nice enough, but he could see how new the class cabinet was from here - compared to the rest of the shop, it was still shiny and looked like it couldn't be more than a few months old. The girl behind the counter gave him a smile and yawned into her shoulder, "Mornin', what can I get ya sweetie?" She had a slight southern twang. She wasn't anything special to look at.

A touch plump, with brown hair that was done up in a bun under a hair net. She had pale skin with a few spots here and there, but she had a nice smile and looked friendly enough.
He glanced at the glass case. "I'm just passing through, but it smells wonderful in here. What do you recommend? Is there a house favorite?" He offered a smile to the girl behind the counter, recalling that AJ had written she'd had no luck in here.

"Bear claw. Best thing we have in here. It's one of the few donuts we actually fry. If you're looking for something healthier, the beavertail isn't actually fried." She smiled helpfully, yawning again. Clearly not a morning person.
"Ooh, I'll take one of each then," Roosevelt said. His plan would be to cut them in half so he could share with AJ. "Can I get them to go?"

He was already pulling out his wallet, thankful he'd come prepared.

She nodded and boxed them both up, ringing them into the till, "Anything else?" She smiled at him, fixing the possition of the tip jar.
Roosevelt saw the gesture and sighed. He couldn't afford too much right now; even less given his sudden career switch, but he didn't want to cause any trouble either.

"That'll be all," he said, handing her a bill just big enough to cover the cost and then dumped the change into the tip jar. "Thanks for your help. I'll definitely be back." He flashed her a smile as he grabbed the box.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A late Refuelling

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus