Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Detective Work (Open)

Jenase Kuroned (played by KuroSakuranbo14)

Jenase was already out of work but didn't mean she wasn't still thinking about it. She had a serial murder on her case right now and every clue she got lead to a dead end. She had taken the night off to go to the local bar for once in a long time. She wore her usual red top that ended a few inches above her bellybutton and dark blue skinny jeans. She had ordered a shot of whiskey like she always did but this time she asked to have the bottle left. She already finished off her first shot, wondering how the hell had the murderer slip false clues on every vicitum. This case is going to be a long one She though as she finished off her second shot of whiskey. Most of the men and women in the bar were already drunk out of their minds and slurring every other word.
Rodrik Deverton (played by Pirate)

Rodrik had been walking the streets at night, constantly with his head in the clouds. It has been nearly a few months since he managed to stay from his former gang. He had to lie about having to meet up with a bunch of mobsters and gaining some valuable information that could benefit "The Madhouse". In truth he had to get away from his current lifestyle and start thinking about making up for all the madness he had caused.

Luckilly for Rodrik he was not as notorious as the rest of his gang. He was recognizable though. His bright red hair colour did not help in keeping a low profile. Yet so far he managed to stay hidden from the authoroties.

The man wore a thick brown hooded vest and a black shirt underneath as well as baggy jeans, sports shoes and huge belt. When the man noticed the local bar he emmidiatly entered, wanting a stiff drink. Rodrik looked around quickly around the bar, noticing that everyone's as good as wasted already. He took a seat in a way too small bar stool and ordered himself a pint of beer.
Jenase Kuroned (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Jenase noticed the guy who looked at least sober compared to the others around. She poured another shot of whiskey and drank it. She didn't care that her gun shot scar was in plain view, to her it was what her work gave her. She usually only came to the bar to see if she might be able to get some tips on whatever cases she got stuck with. She really believed that it was better for her to try to forget about her work for once. She couldn't help but see that the guy not too far from her seat at the bar seemed like he was hidding something, but she though it was just the case getting the best of her.

Rodrik was planning on getting drunk this evening. He wasn't armed today, so therefore he wouldn't pose much of a threat when drunk. When he finished half his glass he couldn't notice but see the woman who had simular ideas in mind for this evening.

He tried to be polite and not look at her too often, but she deffinatly was a looker. Though he emmidiatly noticed her scar. Back when he rolled with his gang they used to say he had a special gift when it came to noticing scars. Being used to friends bragging about them, he figured it was a good idea to use that to break the ice."Hey, how'd you get that?" He asked on a neutral tone as he nodded for her lower arm.

Jenase looked at her lower arm, always forgetting that she had a scar then shrugged. "Having to deal with some gang member that had back up." She didn't even flinch at the memory of being shot, that easily could've been worse for her if her own back up didn't stop the other gang member from killing her. She poured another shot and drank it, trying to relax and not think about what she was going to have to deal with tomorrow.

Rodrik looked down at his feet when she mentioned it were gang members who shot her. Even though he wasn't among them, he feld immensly guilty for what she had to go through."Whew... you're a true survivor, I must say. Not many people survive a meeting with gangers." He said nervously in his British accent. He turned to the bartender."The next shot for her is on me." He said as he turned to the bartender. It was his way of making up, but his guilt wouldn't leave him.

A smrik curved on her lips. "That's why I don't go around without something to protect me in the worse case possible." Usually no one would notice that no matter where she went she always had a gun at her side. Including now, only once she went somewhere without a gun and it got her shot. She pulled her sleeve down some so that it would make her scar a little less visible to everyone.

Rodrik nodded."Smart. This city is not safe at all." He said as he finished what was left of his glass."My name's Rodrik." He introduced himself."Some people call me Redhead for obvious and uninspired reasons." He mused as he offered his hand for her to shake."Pleasure to meet you."

Jenase shook Rodrik's hand. "I'm Jenase, I don't have any nicknames. It's nice to meet you Rodrik." Jenase had an American accent like most people but it sounded slightly southern. She gave a small smile and took another shot of whiskey. She had strong stomach which made it harder for her to get drunk, but not hard to get hungover.

"Nice name you've got there." He said politely as he called the bartender over for another beer. Soon he'd return with Rodrik's preffered drink."Are you sure you can handle that much? Whiskey goes through me like a raging bull." He said as he took a sip and shoved a few seats closer to her.

"Thanks. I've been able to hold down a few shots of whiskey since I was nineteen. I guess I got a strong stomach." Jenase could tell she had some similarits to her father, who she didn't know. Her mother was always weak and gave her trust to people too easily. Jenase was the oppsite, she was strong, and only trusted people who worked for it. Her mother was also a blonde with green eyes and had bearly any of Jenase's looks.

Rodrik nodded as he listenened."You're lucky then. I probably have to stop after a fourth pint or I won't be able to walk straight anymore." He mused as he took another sip. He moved his long hair away from his face as he looked at her for a moment."You seem eager to forget things."

Jenase nodded. "Yeah, something I'm working on at work, don't worry." She waved her hand to dismiss that topic. She took another shot of whiskey, trying to let it relax her the best it could. Sadly for her that was something hard. The case she had been working for months seems to be a dead end but there is a new murder vicitum almost every week and she was trying her best at finding out who it is.

Rodrik nodded as he took a large gulp of his drink."Stress, hmm? What do you do for a living? Office work?" He asked as he shifted a bit in his seat. His paranoia was starting to kick in once more, thinking one of The Madhouse gangmembers might be following him.

Jenase shook her head, knowing that her job was a turn off. She wasn't embrassed by what she did, not at all. "I work as a detective." She mumbled, her reasons as to why she worked as a detective was something she wouldn't say. She didn't hate ex-gang members, or even gang members. What she did hate were murderers and rapist, since both of those kind of people came after her mother and her.

Rodrik's eyes widened when he heard that. He thought it was kind of funny though. The one interesting person he's met in a long time could just as easily arrest him. It was irony at its best."Detective, you say? That explains the scar. Dangerous job, that." He said, thinking about the times he had to intimidate law workers in order to save his own hide or that of a gang member. He was not about to say what he truly is."It explains the scar, at least. But the heavy drinking... Is it some kind of elusive murder plot thing?" He guessed at random, having heard of an untracable murderer on the television.

Jenase nodded. "Yeah, I got stuck with some serial killer and he's been leading dead ends at every turn it is annoying." Some of the dead ends she was lead in were like the hair of someone that was dead or something that would break the case if it didn't go missing or anything. The guy was smart enough not to rape the females he killed which made it hard to trust a rape kit. She was just hoping to find a live vicitum and the rest would be easy. "The guy's smart, I'll give him that."

Rodrik remained quiet for a while and looked at her with questioning eyes."Whew, I'm a good guesser." He chuckled eventually."So there is no exact order this man goes out killing? A murderer usually has got a cycle that he follows. Was there perhaps a simularity in between the people he kills?" He asks as he finishes the last of his drink. Rodrik had been working alongside serial killers and deranged psychopaths. He knew that there was always a reason behind the murders. Not simply becuase you can. There was more to it, and that was usually the key to solving such problems.

"All the vicitums are young blonde females, around fifteen or sixteen. All with the same way of death, slit throat and cuts all across their body. All the vicitums had similar features to another girl that died the same way but her death was before this all started." Jenase tried to think as to why this could have happened months after the death of one girl who's case is still unsolved.

Rodrik started thinking by tapping his chin as he leaned backwards a bit."We're dealing with a person who's got an obsession then... Bad love life... family trauma... something about family perhaps?" He thought out loud."Or perhaps he sees something innocent and pure inside of them that he needs to get out... How often does the man go in for the kill? Monthly, daily?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Detective Work (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus