Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Meeting a hafling human (Open)

Kuro Sakuranbo (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Kuro shrugged at Alec's question ans sat down next to her. "Different ones. Tigers, bears, snakes, wolves, you name it. Humans were included into the bunch to try so I wouldn't end up like Wang's other experiments so soon." Most people didn't notice that even without trying she had amazing grace and eaisy, as if she did it without trying, and which she did. She had the reflexs of a cat, the strenght of a bear, and she could hold her breath almost as long as a frog. But she had the human body.
"Hmm, that's kind of cool," Alec mused. "And you have the strength of those animals?"
She let her ears and tail appear and poked at the tip of her right ear.
"The only advantage I have from this is better hearing. And it usually gives me more trouble than it's worth. But then again, it was how I noticed that you were here. It sounded like you were going to tear down the forest," she couldn't completely contain a chuckle. "But it would be nice if it made me strong as well..."
This was something she had thought about before, but never this strongly.

Kuro nodded. "Yeah, I got alot of different things from having many different animal genes in me." She never though it was that great being stronger, faster, smarter, or whatever else than everyone else. She had been forced to show that she could kill and never liked it at all. But she won every time which proved that she was not as weak as she appeared to be.
Alec smiled wistfully. She had always wished that she was stronger, for the sake of herself and for her friends among the Crows. She was always training because of this and considered herself fairly strong as she was, but she could never compete with Kuro. But she pushed those thoughts aside for the moment, and asked another question.
"You didn't think that it was strange when I talked to Kay, right? Can you speak with certain animals as well?"
She was trying to get a clearer view of the similarities and differences between them.

Kuro nodded. "Yeah, some animals. I've only tried it with a pet lizard I had when I lived with my master. I never found it weird that someone would talk to animals." She had seen people talk to their pets as if they could understand them before and she knew she did the same thing if she could hear the animal.
"I see," Alec smiled. "Well, I don't have a problem with being able to talk to Kay, but sometimes I wish there was an off-switch or something. This little furball hardly ever shuts up." She laughed at the indignant look Kay gave her. "He showed up outside my house about a year ago, and have been happily chatting away ever since. I wish he'd stop insisting that I'm an actual cat though," she sighed. "Every time I try to explain to him that I'm a human as well he just laughs at me."
Feeling quite content with sitting there and just talking about whatever came to her mind, Alec leaned back until she was lying on the ground with her hands behind her head, looking up at the roof of leaves above them.

"I guess then I should not try seeing if I can be able to talk to him, or who knows what will happen." She raised an eyebrow at the cat then let out a laugh. "I remember I could bearly ever get my lizard to speak, he would just sit there and stare at me when I spoke to him one time he though "Why is staring at me?" then turned away." She remembered having that lizard come with her everywhere only because it was the closest thing she had to a pet.
Alec laughed heartily at this.
"Yeah, I can imagine lizards not being too talkative," she giggled. "But I think that means they are intelligent. They speak only when there is something to say perhaps. Unlike cats, who just blabber on. I'm pretty sure most cats are complete airheads."
The last part was said with a teasing wink in Kay's direction.
"But sometimes it's nice having the company. Hey, maybe you should try to get yourself another pet, that way you won't be alone."

Kuro though about it and shrugged. "What could be the harm, but like I said I have only tried talking to a lizard. I'm scaried if I try with Kay I'll end up with a cat that won't shut their mouth." She gave teasing grin at Kay just to mess with him, since that was something she loved to do. "I also need an animal that'll know to keep quiet when danger is around, and all that kinda stuff."
Alec couldn't help smirking when Kay went on an exasperated rant about how people only made fun of him, while walking in annoyed circles. Then she thought for a moment.
"What about a bird? They are supposed to be pretty smart, and you could have someone to keep a lookout from the sky. Also, don't they tend to get quiet anyway if there is something dangerous nearby?"
She nodded slightly to herself. She was only able to talk to cats, but if she could choose, it would probably be a bird, for those exact reasons.

Kuro though about it for a moment. "It also depends if I can talk to birds. Also, I can hear Kay." She had heard him the whole time while he was ranting. "Yo, Kay, this is the reason why your an airhead, can't get a joke." She said over to Kay, trying not laugh by just having a wide grin on her face. She turned her attetion back to Alec. "I understand why you would call him a blabber mouth. It only makes sense I can hear him since most of the animal genes used on me were felines."
Alec smiled at the scene. Somehow, seeing someone other than herself communicate with Kay, made her feel giddy.
"Yeah, he talks a lot. But really, you should try it with birds. There are plenty of them here to try on." Then she turned to Kay. "And you, stop sulking, you know very well that we are only kidding," she scolded gently.
"Well, that doesn't mean I have to accept being called an airhead or a blabber mouth by you of all people. You talk just as much as I do."
Skillfully ignoring Kay's words, Alec started whistling, trying to attract the attention of the nearby birds.

Soon there was a bird whislted back to Alec. Kuro was surprised at how fast it came back to them. The bird landed on top of her head which she scowled at playfully. She looked up at robin on her head. "Looks like we found one." She pointed up at the bird. "Alright here goes nothing." She sucked in a breath and looked up at the bird. "Yo, birdy, can you understand me?" The bird looked down at her with a weird face. "Of course I can hear you human. Got any worms?" Kuro couldn't help but laugh at how typical it is for a bird to ask. "God, birds are really weird sometimes."
Alec watched in utter amusement when the robin landed on Kuro's head. She watched the interaction and when Kuro started laughing, she couldn't contain her curiosity anymore.
"It worked, didn't it? What did it say?"
She tried to keep her voice calm so as not to accidentally scare the bird off again, and threw a glance at Kay.
"Do you understand it?"
Kay looked at her strangely before answering dryly.
"Of course I don't, do I look like a bird to you?"
"Well, sorry for asking," Alec rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to Kuro and the robin.

"Yeah, I understand the bird. It asked if I had any worms." Kuro reached for her bag and pulled out some berries she found. She laid the berries in the palm of her hand and put her hand up to the bird. "I hope you like berries." The robin pecked at the berries in Kuro's hand.
"I guess they'll do" Kuro rolled her two toned eyes at the birds comment.
Alec couldn't help it. She burst out laughing at the bird's question. It was so typical. When she calmed down her stomach was hurting from laughing too much, but she was still smiling widely.
"I'm glad it worked," she grinned. "This way, you will always have a friend along with you to talk to."

The bird hoped off Kuro's head and onto her shoulder. "Yeah, even if it is just a bird." The robin poked her in the face to get her attetion. "What?"
"Got anymore?"
Kuro sighed and searched through her bag for some more berries. She soon found some and let them roll in her palm as she streched her hand out for the bird to peck at. "Can I guess what Kay's first was to you, got any fish." Kuro bursted out in laughter at seeing that happen.
Alec giggled at the image coming into her head.
"No, actually, the first thing he said to me was 'you smell weird'. Just walked straight up to me and said that."
She smiled at the memory. At the moment it happened she had been insulted though.
"He meant the way that my scent was not quite that of a human, but not quite that of a cat. He said the same thing about you when we got here. He told me that 'that girl smells funny'."
Alec shook her head. What a rude little cat he was.

Kuro scowled at Kay. "He sure is rude, and blunt. It just proved he's an airhead, most people think before they speak." The bird kept pecking away at the berries. "Of course, cats have a strong sense of smell so he could tell you were a mix of something, aren't I right, Kay?" She smriked over at Kay.
Alec looked down at the cat who snorted.
"Of course I could tell, and that goes for both of you. But it was easier to pinpoint with Alec. With you Kuro, there were too many different scents mingling, I couldn't tell what it was. Now I know why that was."
He nodded to himself. Then he realized something she had said.
"And I'm NOT an airhead! I'm being honest, that's all."
Alec smirked.
"Says he..."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Meeting a hafling human (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus