Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Cinders the cookie monster

Banshee Topic Starter

Mudcake muffins with raspberry!

wp_20170119_13_34_26_pro_by_weenysparrow-davz696.jpg

wp_20170119_13_33_43_pro_by_weenysparrow-davz68m.jpg
Banshee Topic Starter

ITALY HAS GRACED THE WORLD WITH A HEAVENLY CAKE CALLED TOSCA. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND HOW YOU MAKE IT.

wp_20170210_11_07_35_pro_by_weenysparrow-db0o1ud.jpg

Cake:
3 eggs
2 ½ dl granulated sugar
2½ - 3 dl flour
100 g butter
1 tbsp vanilla sugar (optional, but I reaaaally like vanilla)
Breadcrumbs for the mold

Topping:
2 dl almonds or other nuts that you like
2 dl sugar
100 g butter
2 tbsp flour
4 tbsp milk

1. Take a round 26 cm (10 inches) cake mold, one with a high edge since the cake will rise a lot in the oven, then sink back together. Grease it on the inside, then put breadcrumbs on it (or grated coconut if you prefer that). You don't want none of that delicious goodness sticking to your form :P I use a form with removable edges, since I like serving it without the form, but that is entirely optional.

2. Melt the butter. Meanwhile, whip the eggs, vanilla (optional) and the sugar together until it's floofy and light. Carefully stir in the flour, then gently stir in the melted butter until it's smooth.

3. Pour it into the cake-mold, and stick it in the far bottom of the oven at 200 C for no less than 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it, make sure it's cooked all the way through when you take it out!

While the cake is in the oven, lick the bowl clean start with the topping.

4. Chop the nuts (almond is the classic for this Italian heavenly cake, but pick any that you prefer), but not too finely.

5. Melt the butter for the topping, add all the other ingredients and bring it to a slight boil as you stir, or else it will burn. The longer you boil it, the chewier and harder the topping will be! Boil it for at least a few minutes, that way you'll know it sets properly and won't be runny once the cake is cold.

6. Take the cake out of the oven, let it rest for a minute or so. Pour your topping onto it, then stick it in the top part of the oven again for about 10 minutes.

7. Take it out, and if you can wait that long, let it cool completely before cutting it. If you use a 10 inch mold like I do it should make about 8-12 servings. Or less, if you really like cake like me. :P
Banshee Topic Starter

Thought I'd show you guys where the magic happens! This is the new school cafeteria we moved to, after the main school building was renovated. It's been in the works for about 4 years...

wp_20170404_15_42_50_pro_by_weenysparrow-db4pzlw.jpg

wp_20170404_15_42_55_pro_by_weenysparrow-db4pzm8.jpg
Cinders wrote:
I make cookies at work!! I have a trainee job at the local highschool café, and it's so much fun! So I thought I'd share my love for baking with you guys. I'll post pictures whenever I bake something new, and if people are interested, I'll share the recepies. They're measured in the metric system though, so you people in the US might have to do some math if you wanna try them out.

These are... what to call them in English... Chocolate cuts?? They're crunchy and taste like chocolate anyways. Doesn't sell all that good, but they're easy to make, and dirt cheap.

wp_20161024_13_08_22_pro_li_by_weenysparrow-damln6k.jpg

One... just ONE of the many befits of having matriculated into a bio-science major is that in almost every science course I take we use the metric system. Actually -- in ALL of them. It really helps when speaking to mates from other countries. The only units I have an issue with are stones and their approximation in metric or US units.

Cheers on the baking, though.
Banshee Topic Starter

There's no pictures for this one because it looked pretty bland, but it was super delicious! This is my own recepie, and if you make it, do tell me what you thought of it!

Fudge/vanilla/coffee-flavored mudcake!

6 - 8 servings

100 g butter
1 dl sugar (or less, depending on the brown sugar)
1 ½ dl brown sugar (or more, depending on what you like, this gives a lot of the fudge-flavor that I like)
2 - 3 eggs
1 ½ dl flour
3 - 5 tbsp cocoa
1 - 1 ½ tbsp instant coffee
3 tsp vanilla sugar
½ tsp salt
50 g dark chocolate, 70 %
Butter and breadcrumbs or grated coconut for the baking tin

Turn the oven to 175 C. Melt the butter.

Meanwhile, dissolve the instant coffee in a little bit of water. Pour it into the butter once it's melted, turn the heat off and put the chocolate in. Stir until it's melted and properly mixed.

Whisk eggs, sugar and brown sugar light and floofy. Stir in the flour, salt, cocoa and vanilla, then add the butter mixture and stir together until smooth.

Coat your baking tin with butter and breadcrumbs, pour the batter in it and bake in the middle of the oven for 16 - 20 minutes. No oven is the same, and some people like their mudcakes, well, extra muddy!

Let it sit in the fridge overnight if you can, before serving with whipped cream.
Banshee Topic Starter

GIANT CINNAMON ROLLSSSSS

wp_20170707_15_40_51_pro_by_weenysparrow-dbff5ev.jpg
PANGAEA

... This makes we want to cry. I would love that cinnamon role right now.

I'm not a baker, but I think I'll try this. Hope I don't screw up XD
Banshee Topic Starter

I figured people aren't interested in your average cinnamon roll, but I can upload the recipe if you want it!
Do you watch great British bake off?
Banshee Topic Starter

Fiebs wrote:

There's a show equivalent to that one where I live, so I can imagine what it's like! Why do you ask?
Cinders wrote:
Fiebs wrote:

There's a show equivalent to that one where I live, so I can imagine what it's like! Why do you ask?

You gotta see the British one it's so good omg...
I am so jealous, because the only thing I can bake is banana cake and chocokolate cake, everything else fails T_T
So I have stopped trying baking and moved over to making food... but those cookies, cakes and such looks so delicious... Wish I could make more goodies like you!
Banshee Topic Starter

Saffron buns with raisins! A classic around Christmas in my parts.

wp_20171203_13_10_38_pro_by_weenysparrow-dbvmydm.jpg

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Cinders the cookie monster

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus