Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Nalia Navellan (played by NsuYeul)

Nalia looks at Bialis Yes my magic can fix any problem except for lost limbs and organs Nalia walks towards Bialis and sits beside him. Nalia examines Bialis looking at his body, Are you perhaps a half Elf? As She finish her sentence Nalia close her eyes and started saying words in an Unknown Language. Elgar Ma vhenan The Orb in Nalia Staff started to glow a pure white light, Nalia point her staff at Bialis as a Warm Veil of light shines on Bialis closing any wounds & fixing and problem that he might have internally. Your body should be ok now, though you might still feel the pain magic can only heal wounds not pain Nalia Grabs her little pouch and give Bialis a small vial with a strange looking liquid inside it. Here drink this. This should make the pain go away, it might taste horrible for you so just endure the flavor Nalia stayed beside Bialis to take care of him for now.
Bialis Conroy (played anonymously)

Ayma? Bialis had no idea what that meant, and took it for -- well, likely something foreign and roughly equivalent to "child" or perhaps "idiot". He just frowned at the scarred man before him, and cringed -- ahhh, magical healing. He might object ordinarily, but there was concern that the concussion might be severe, for all he knew he was bleeding internally, everything did seem a little far-off and quiet and... misty, somehow. And dark. But he'd long since learned that bit wasn't in his head.

"Ah, no... ain't got nothin' but human in me far's I know..." He shuddered as the magic covered his body, the feeling to him was... not particularly pleasant, though not unpleasant, in a way -- like most magic, he didn't like it. Yet things seemed clearer when the magic had passed, the wound on his head sealing, and he was able to rise, taking up his bow and fishing about in his pocket for a new strand to re-string it with, though he would not string it taut just yet, just put the new string in place and pocket the old. Well, he might need to tie something.

"Mmm, I... in my... particular case, in, in this situation, it's... probably better I be able t'feel pain, but, ah, I'll keep this on me jus' in case, if that's all righ', miss. Uhm. Nala, was it?" A nervous look once more to the skull-headed figure. His lips pressed thin. He looked to the others as if for explanation. But now his head was a little clearer -- he kept his distance from Adrianna. Now standing, he could see the map, and would approach just close enough to view it.

Sure, but if you ever find yourself in a bad situation where you have a fatal wound and feeling a intense pain drink the vial it should make your body numb from the pain and it's Nalia Nalia stands up and walks toward the front door where The Hanged Man was Removing Items that was blocking the front door Need a hand? Nalia started helping after she ask.
Yizkavesh (played by Draken901) Topic Starter

When the Hanged Man went to peek outside, he could only see the outlines of trees and brush against the slightly lighter darkness of the night sky. In the distance, the flames from the caravan could still be seen burning. That pyromancer did a number on them, that's for sure. When the group got attacked, people split up, different groups running in multiple directions, while the battle ready tried to stay and fight as long as they could.

Bialis would be able to feel a strange, constant feeling coming from Yizkavesh. Something similar to what a being of undeath would have, but much more lively and "life-filled". He kept looking back down at the map while surveying the room. "The name's Yizkavesh. This map hardly seems to be a map at all. Like a child drew it for fun. But nevertheless, it gives us some understanding of our orientation. The door of the house on the map points west, and farther south lies some sort of village. I say we just need to keep heading south, since we were already on a straight shot to Brunswick using the road the caravan took."

He takes notice of Bialis' bow. "Hey, give me your bow for a minute. I can get that spider up there to fix it for ya." He points to a cobweb with a lone spider on it.
Adrianna (played by SinceForgotten)

As Adrianna finishes examining her staff, she deemed it wasn't too damaged and smiled as she stood up. She nodded at the hanged man, before noticing that bailis was keeping his distance from her.

" I don't bite."

She says shaking her head in disappointment, admitting to herself she was a tad hurt. But then, she can't really say much since she first didn't trust those around her, and perhaps still dont. However right now they needed to know if it was safe. So she walked over to the door around helped them remove all the furniture blocking it.

"Here, I can help."
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man permitted Nalia and Adrianna to help him remove the blockade, though he insisted on being the first to look out the door. He opened it only a couple inches and peered out into the lasting night, shuddering at the eerieness of it all. It was a wonder he had not succumbed to despair. How many years had he spent following the sun, with only the quest to sustain him? And now the sun was gone.

He had been looking out the door for a long time. Finally he slid back inside and closed it behind him, going to fetch where he had left his shield and pack. He shouldered both of them.

"It is quiet out there." The Hanged Man's voice was a little distant and hollow, as if he wasn't really all there. Bialis' avoidance of Adrianna and his hesitation towards Yizkavesh were both unnoticed--perhaps the Hanged Man hadn't even yet noticed that the Eldenic mage wasn't merely wearing a mask. "Hopefully, since our number is smaller now, we won't draw as much attention ..."

Bialis frowned, to be so addressed -- what? A spider, fix his bow! He looked up and wrinkled his nose. Still -- this man, or whatever he might be, was clearly -- to his mind -- dangerous. A lich? A -- what was that, he really wasn't sure, but he didn't care to find out. "Ah... no, thank you, I, I've another string," He muttered, "Th'bow will be... fine. Ah. I spose that's all of us, then. Uhm. Sir?" Trying to inquire with the Hanged Man, but without getting too close to the door (or rather, to Adrianna, despite her reassurances) as he did so -- moving to string his bow, the soreness had not left his body but the strange dazed feeling had, for the most part. "What's your name?" Another glance to the map in an attempt to memorize it.

Adrianna helps him move the rest of the objects from the door, and nods as the hanged man insisted on being the one to look out. She clutches her staff tightly, ready for anything. She could only glance at the darkness from where she stood, and she couldn't help but miss the sun on her face. After awhile she got concerned that he had been staring out there for so long, but she backs up when he comes inside and closes the door.

"Hopefully...."

He steps away from the table after hearing Bialis, and goes over to some of the supplies they managed to bring in earlier. He looks it over, and gives a faint grumble. "Well. I suppose we should get going as soon as we can. We're basically sitting ducks out here, and all that is protecting us from the outside is a boarded up window and old wooden walls. No doubt more of those things will eventually show up."

He walks over to the other door which is slightly open inside the house, cautiously opens it and walks inside. He immediately comes back out of it holding the nostrils of the skull, and slams the door shut. "Gah! Nothing but a latrine!" He shakes his head, and walks over to the other unopened door. Faint grumbling noises could be heard coming from the other side.

Adrianna watches and nods as he walks over to one of the doors and opens it. She covers her mouth in an attempt to stifle her laughter, but can't help but chuckle as he closes the door to the latrine. When she Controls herself a bit more, she follows him to the door, leaning her ear to it to listen. She hears a low growling outside, and instantly tenses up.

"I....don't like the sound of that....."

The Hanged Man didn't realize at first that Bialis was speaking to him, but after a moment he was pulled out of his thoughts and back into the realm of the living. "... I have forsaken my name," he said softly. "Call me what you wish. Many call me the Hanged Man, but there are many others ... oathbreaker, dog ..."

The sound of rumbling from the bloodstained door drew his attention, and he gripped the enarme of his shield a little more tightly. He gestured for Bialis, Adrianna, and Nalia to get behind him, then began to advance towards the door, shield hefted. He looked to Yizkavesh, unsure if the mage was about to open it or not, but it was clear he was ready to defend them.

The lad frowned deeply at the scarred straw-haired man. None of these names seemed the least bit appealing, all rather foreboding -- almost as foreboding as the skull-headed man whose presence everyone seemed to be just... sort of... dealing with, as if it warranted no questions. Well, it seemed such questions would not be answered, anyhow. The man, the thing, could smell? With that -- skull? And what was he anyway, that they all seemed to follow his lead -- well, someone who'd been conscious and possibly not involved with the caravan or the disaster it had met, that was all Bialis could gather.

The magic which radiated from him did not seem... too troublesome, but it felt strange all the same, not something he believed he had felt before. Still, the boy was more than aware that seemingly innocent magics could prove quite as horrific and deadly as the darker variety, in the wrong hands.

The rumbling, though -- he moved to edge at once behind the shield as directed, teeth gritting, wincing as he did so as the pounding in his head grew, and he cast an uneasy glance to Adrianna -- mumbled, so as to still the pounding of his heart as he pulled a white-feathered arrow forth from his shabby quiver: "Maybe it's jus' more injured back there, tryin' t'get help..."

Adrianna couldn't help but look over bialis shocked. It was the first time he had even spoken to her, let alone looked at her. Event hough he still seemed wary of her. She walked behind the hanged man as he instructed, and peered out behind him. She grips tightly onto her staff, as the gemstone that lied on the top started glowing dimly.

"Well, whatever it is, we can't let our guards down...."

She says, ready to defend not only herself but the others as well. However, given the hanged man had motioned for three of them to get behind him, it seemed he was ready to do that for them. Regardless, she was ready to help.

"So, who wants to go first?"

"I'll open the door, be ready for anything. It could be a person, it could be a monster." He readies his axe in his right hand as he slowly opened the bloodstained door, but just after he got it open a crack, a black, scaled, clawed brutish arm gets thrown around the door, trying to pull it open. Yizkavesh manages to slam the door shut, and puts his hand over the door knob, generating vines to clog it's insides to prevent it from turning. He takes a few steps back from the door.

"Well uh, let's all agree to not go in there, yeah?" Right after that moment, two clawed arms punch through the door out the other side, attempting to break the door open. The arms scrape and bash against the door, breaking off wood bit by bit, all the while something behind the door makes otherworldly and strange growling and snarls.

Nalia walks behind the hanged man doing what the hanged man told them, Nalia quietly listening to any more sound as she readies her staff for whatever may come from the other side.

Are we even sure whatever is out there is even alone? What if we are already surrounded?

Nalia sighs as she readies herself for whatever outcome it may be. Whatever happens im not gonna let them die. Nalia thinks to herself.

Adrianna gasps and jumps back as an arm shoots inside the door as it tries to claw it's way through. She watches him slam the door shut and clog it with vines. She chuckles nervously as she rubs the back of her head.

"Yeah, that might be for the best...."

The Hanged Man didn't seem to react much when the arm first reached through the crack. He went taut, but given his layers of cloak, robe, and armor, it wasn't very visible. The vines that crawled out of Yizkavesh's hand seemed to affect him more than the sight of the arm. Their sudden appearance made him rear his head back like a spooked horse. Many years of learning to conquer his triggers kept his feet rooted and his attention focused on the creature behind the door--the real enemy--but it was impossible to be entirely rid of the ancient sylvan war that had affected every aspect of his psyche. The vines burrowed into Ayma's chest--

No time for that now. The Hanged Man drew his falchion in a clean sweeping motion and was ready for the scaled arms when they reappeared in a shower of splintered wood. After a quick backward glance, he waved his broad door of a shield to signal Bialis, Adrianna, and Nalia to step back. He then sidestepped to be against the wall, giving him the best angle to lunge forward and swing the falchion down on the arms in a clean vertical swing. A falchion was a heavy blade meant for chopping, and this one was commissioned specifically for his build and broad shoulders by a man who knew both those things intimately, so with any luck the swordsman would be able to sever a clawed hand, or at least do some solid damage.

When Adrianna saw the two arms burst through the door, her eyes widened as it started trying to get in. She gripped her staff as she noticed the hanged man motioning for them to get behind him and his giant shield. She just goes behind it, and closes her eyes. "maybe I can make it retreat long enough for us to find a way to stop it...." she thinks to herself before nodding.

She clutches her staff and, with her eyes still closed, mutters something under her breath. The gem that sat otop her staff glowed sloghtly, and it's aquamarine color started to swirl, and it slowly turned orange. She had planned on setting the arms on fire the next time it came through the door. Her eyes opened, her eyes now matching the color of her gem as she waited for it to reappear.

Bialis swallowed hard. Call him crazy, but that didn't look like a wounded refugee's arm. Nevermind that theory -- he was gestured to get back, and he had no problem doing so -- way back -- old instincts bursting alive, a voice which had long been silent scolding him in his mind.

Back TO the wall but not AGAINST it -- never come against a window unless you are sure nothing on the other side wants to hurt you -- keep far as you can, you're an archer, leave the close fighting to those who know what they're doing!

He quickly got as far as he could in the enclosed space without placing himself against walls or windows -- nocking an arrow, but he did not draw yet, no sense in exhausting himself before he could get a clear shot. Answering the elf in a voice that was hoarse and slightly panicky:

"Then -- then, well, we, we deal with what we kin -- kin see!"

With a swift strike, off came the claw of the beast's right arm. With a harrowing screech, purple blood spilled onto the floor and it quickly retracted it's arms back inside the room. The creature then began to try to bash the door down from the other side, a broad thump crashing into the door accompanied by splinters and chips flying off the door. Every few seconds it would attempt this, the door getting weaker with every blow.

At this moment, Yizkvesh looked towards the others with a bit of urgency to his speech. "Should we stay and kill it, or should we leave while we can?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus