Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Adrianna (played by SinceForgotten)

Adrianna turns around to bialis before just glaring. She takes a deep breath before gripping her staff and walks next to him. She kneels down on the ground next to him and just grips her staff even tighter.

"Alright. I've had enough of this. What is you're problem with me?! I haven't done anything to you! I'd rather you just come out and say it than beat around the bush and treat me the way you have been! If you don't like me that's fine, but at least come out and say it then ignore me, rather than force yourself to talk to me when it's obvious to me and everyone else you'd leave me without a second thought! Just ignore me if I'm that much of an issue to you! But you haven't even given me a chance, and you know it."

She says standing up. She walks off not to far away, but off to the side somewhere to give herself some space before trying to calm down. She didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone, but she felt like something needed to be said. She just sighs and stares at the gem atop her staff while contemplating things to herself.
Bialis Conroy (played anonymously)

Bialis winced -- took in hissing breath as she insisted on getting close to him, a hand going up to grasp hard into his hair -- as he fought the urge to shove her away. He managed not to move from where he sat -- but pulled up herbiage rather forcefully, violently almost. His tone remained dull and grating. "That awful bloody thing around yer neck." It was all he said.

Adrianna looks at bialis with a raised eyebrow and a confused look on her face. She then looks down and realizes he was talking about her locket. She hesitated for a moment before looking back at him.

"You mean my locket?? This entire time you've treated me like crap because of my locket?!"

She couldn't believe that this entire time it was over her locket. Her face turns grim as she bites her tounge, deciding it was better to leave it like that. If he had the nerve to continue the conversation, fine. But she continued focusing on the changing colors of them gem on her staff.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man's eyes were cold as Adrianna lashed out at him for his suggestion. "W-we must be realistic," he said, yet he didn't press the matter--he had posed alternatives, and clearly those were preferred by the other members of the party.

Bialis' strange comment towards Adrianna made the swordsman narrow his eyes in thought. He was about to question it when the two of them leaped at each others' throats. Though they had already separated themselves from one another, he still stepped over between them, looking first at one then the other. "Voices down," he said, gesturing to the resting Nalia. "Now, exp-explain yourself," he said to Bialis. "What's wrong with her n-necklace?"
Yizkavesh (played by Draken901) Topic Starter

Bialis would be able to find a few small patches of yarrow, but mostly patches of spearmint. That might help at least a little bit.

Yizkavesh glanced around at his surroundings, from the current ongoing conversation, and the little fit that Adrianna had when Bialis decided to open his mouth about her a bit. He gave a sigh. "You two calm down. You're gonna make a ruckus if you keep this up. You very well scared more than half the birds away that were gonna keep watch for me." He puts the book back into it's holder, and grabs two cloth bags out of his satchel. "Since the lines aren't in the grasp of a patron's power, purifying it would do absolutely nothing to them. You'd just have to erase them. Over the years i've encountered a few beguilers in my day. Most malicious, a few tolerable. The majority wanted something from me, but the rest were just travelers. I got the decent ones to teach me how to dismantle some of their infernal rites..."

He went over to the girl, still glowey eyed and whimpering laying on the ground. With a downward gesture, the vines and other plant life receded back into the soil. He reached one hand into one of the bags, and sprinkled silvery dust over her. He then reached into the other and dragged his thumb over some of the lines, laying chalky, black powder over them. "Now, does anyone have some sort of flame I can use?"

Adrianna just sighs aggrivated with herself. She never lost her temper like this, but she was so annoyed with it she lost control over it. She felt even worse for upsetting everyone else. She just shakes her head.

"Yeah, I do."

She says before walking over to yizkavesh and kneeling on the ground. Her eyes and the gem on her staff both burn bright fiery red, as she holds her palm up towards the sky. She raps her staff and fire appears in Adriannas hands and fingertips.

"Here. What now?"

Bialis could absolutely have punched something -- he really wanted to. Spearmint? Well, that wasn't completely useless, with the state Nalia was in. Were it lighter he might have found more, but... well, he doubted seriously if it would ever be light again.

He kept his voice down. Quiet indeed, so quiet anyone but Nalia and the Hanged Man would likely be unable to hear. Muttering half to himself, for time and again his words seemed to fall on deaf ears --

"Dark magic. [A NAUGHTY WORD]'s sake only said as much two, three times now. Ain't nobody listens an' ain't nobody ever will maybe. Ain't quite th'same feel as from that girl or from that... crystal thing but it's close enough --"

He might have muttered on further, but Yizkavesh caught his attention -- he looked up with trepidation. Some sort of flame? He didn't answer -- he'd none -- but wondered with a burst of forboding what the man was doing -- was he lighting the trail to destroy it?

Edit: Bialis made the mistake of looking to Yizkavesh and thus to Adrianna -- and thus to the fire in her hands. He closed his eyes tightly and immediately, every muscle in his body jolting as if demanding he run. For the moment, he did not. For the moment.

"Alright. Now just sweep your hand over some of the lines with the powder on them. It'll make the infernal lines burst into white flame for a few seconds, making them dissapear." He pointed down to the girl, still trying to squirm around on the ground.

The Hanged Man's eyes narrowed at the boy. Slowly his lips drew into an ugly grimace. If one looked closely enough, they might see the swordsman shaking slightly. He stared at Bialis--well, more through him than at him. "Close enough? Ayma, do y-you know what they would have done to me if they had discovered mine own magic? Evil, they called it--dark as the woods it came from, destined to drive its wielders mad. Am--am I mad?" He patted his breastplate with a hand. "Am I? And ... does it matter?" His words were elusive and perhaps a little mystifying, but from the way he stared, he clearly expected Bialis to understand.

He then whirled to look at Adrianna, jabbing a finger towards her necklace. "Well ... what does it do, then? W-what darkness does it possess?"

Bialis then went quiet and very still. The Hanged Man was a veteran and a person deeply haunted--he knew that look. He understood it deeply, and had learned long ago what it was hiding inside. "Calm down," he said, voice softening suddenly. "You aren't there anymore."

Adrianna nods and looks down at the girl. She holds her hand over the girl and takes a moment to examining where the lines are. She lowers her hand and, with some precision so she wouldn't make a mistake, swept her hand over the black chalky lines. She did this twice to make sure she didn't miss a spit before her eyes turned white and she breathed on her hand, extinguishing the flame. She looks at yizkavesh and nods before looking st the girl.

"Anything else I can do?"

As Adrianna swept her hand over the lines, they burst into large white flames. In the fire it can be seen what looks like ghostly screaming faces for a moment before it gone out. The lines dissapear on the girl's body, seemingly fading out of existence. The girl is now unconscious, and Yizkavesh lays a palm with blue energy on her back again. Same as before, the energy flows through her body, and eventually fades away. It can be seen that her limbs go limp with sleep after.

"Well. It's over. Whatever was controlling her is now separated. It would be wise to make haste now. So uh... who wants to carry her?"

Bialis did not understand what the hell the scarred man was going on about, he'd stared at him with disturbed eyes and little to no compehension -- claiming to have some dark magic, but Bialis had felt no evidence of such a thing -- nor had the man seemed inclined to use magic in the first place, was this just more of his madness, believing it was inside him --? But the fire did quickly distract him.

A few seconds passed, the Hanged Man's words seeming hollow and off distant -- he peeked, opened an eye to bright white fire with -- with -- he could swear he saw --

He closed his eyes again and merely knelt there shaking and pressing his palms into his face, trying to convince himself it was nothing but hallucination. He managed not to run or rise or draw his dagger on Nalia or the Hanged Man in panic or cry out, and for the moment, that was as much victory and comprehension as he could well manage.

"I can..."

She says quietly before taking one of the girls arms and placing them over her shoulder. She then holds the girls arm tightly and stands up, before quickly grabbing the girl Lower as to be able to carry the girl on her back. Once she's adjusted it to make carrying her as easy as possible, she looks at yuzkavesh apologetically.

"I'm sorry for earlier...we should find somewhere safe for nailia to rest. I can't carry both of them so someone else will have to carry her."

She says before stepping away from him and off to the side with the girl on her back. At that point she just stood there, waiting for the others to be ready whole she tried staying awake herself.

It took the Hanged Man a moment to determine what Bialis was looking at to set him off, and even then he couldn't be sure. But he did crouch down between the boy and the flames, his shield providing a wall. He didn't reach out or try to touch him, but simply continued talking. "Come now--Bialis, it was, not Ayma--you will be safe with me. Aye, you needn't fear them now ..."

After a while of this, he looked over his shoulder to see what the others were doing. They were casting some kind of spell, but it was over now--Adrianna was picking up the limp form of the girl. "I want an ans--answer from you," he said to Adrianna, getting to his feet. "About your locket." Then, back to Bialis, he asked, "Can you--can you walk?"

Adrianna glances up at the hanged man, who was trying to help bialis. However it threw her off guard when he demanded an answer from her. She just glared at him before turning away, her hair falling down in front if her face as she carries the unconscious woman on her back.

"I don't believe that's any of your business, now is it?? Besides...what difference would telling you make? It won't change anybodys opinion of me.....it won't make him hate me any less will it?"

She says grouchily before sighing. Logically she knew he was trying to help, but she couldn't help but feel annoyed. Despite her wanting to just drop it, she swallows her pride and answers him.

"There was an incident when i was younger. In order to prevent it from escalating, I was given this locket before it became catastrophic...and that's all your getting out of me right now. If you want to know what happened you'll ask me again when everybody else is asleep....I won't be sleeping tonight anyhow..."

Bialis was able to peel his hands away from his face after long moments -- to gather the herbs he'd so roughly ripped from the ground and stuff them numbly into his pockets, the distance in his eyes far more pronounced than before, and nod. He could stand. But mumbled. "What's Ayma mean anyway..."

It wasn't that he wasn't hearing everything that was being said -- but the time it took to register meanings and process words was a bit increased. Needn't fear? A meaningless platitude now. He remembered saying things like that, not so long ago if he thought about it. Now it was just about what to fear and what to do with the fear and how much of it to risk showing... He knelt again to pick up Nalia, a fair bit more gently, since she had proven so light the last time, muttered distantly, "If th'magic inner... starts doin' stuff... I should be able t'feel it..."

The Hanged Man continued to keep his distance from Bialis--he was there if he was needed, but he understood all too well the delicate balance of the mind, even if he couldn't predict it or do anything to help. The Red Lord had been the only one able to soothe his own moments of mental strife, needing to use only faint brushes of hand or mind or a softly-spoken word. When Bialis stood, the Hanged Man did as well. "It doesn't matter," he responded to the boy's question. "He's dead now."

He made sure his falchion sat properly in its sheath and adjusted the weight of his shield. "You should sleep," was all he said to Adrianna, before continuing their path southward. As he walked, he focused on his breathing, trying to quell the whispers and tremors within. If he was going to survive--and keep his new companions alive as well--he would need to be sound of mind.

Adrianna just travels behind the rest of the group, trying to hide her embaressment by hiding her face behind her hair. Every now and then she has to readjust the unconscious woman on her back so she didn't fall off or let go. Adrianna just shakes her head while she looks at the ground.

"I'll pass....if I sleep, then Ill have to listen to the voices and see the visions that try to lure me to a monument...but whenever magic users go inside that monument, they come out insane and they kill people just like the monsters do...if I stay awake then I won't have to listen to it..they can't get to me when I'm awake...."

She says thinking back on an old memory. Her eyes widen, hidden by her hair as she shakes her head hard, attempting to shake the memory out of her head before she could let it really get to her.

"You hear what?" Yizkavesh said in a soft voice to Adrianna. They had been walking for a few minutes, except this time there were no bird chirps or squeaks of mice. Just the sound of the whispering wind and the occasional caw of crows. And even sometimes, you could faintly hear whats seems to be a ghostly scream or groan, just barely, or was it just your imagination feeding off of the circumstances?

The eventually come upon a a small meadow with a crystal clear pond, filled to the brim with all sorts of flowers and other things. The group is still in the treeline, but the flowers and the pond look so beautiful under the moonlight, with the water shining with glistening light from the stars in the black sky. A sense of peace and comfort can be felt here.

The girl lays un-moving on Adrianna's shoulder, with only the heave of her breathing she's still alive at all.

Adrianna looks at yizkavesh, the exhaustion written on her face as if it were a story. She sighs as she looks back at the ground, before continuing.

"I don't know exactly what it is...but it's always the same....a dark scratchy voice that sounds almost demon like starts whispering. It talks about a monument that can give you the power to know anything. Forbidden magics even. Then it grows louder and louder. If you still refuse it starts showing you visions of this monument before growing louder and louder. It's just so horrifying...."

Adrianna says with a shudder as she adjusts the woman on her back before speaking up again.

"All the mages where I came from knew what happened if you accept it's offer and go to the monument. When you come out, your no better than the monsters...killing and slaughtering people for pleasure...I won't end up like that..."

She says holding back tears as they come across the large open clearing. She looked at all the flowers that surrounded the pond and couldn't help but feel relaxed.

"Maybe we could rest here for the night..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus