Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Bialis Conroy (played anonymously)

Bialis was quiet -- simply carrying Nalia before him as they walked. If they were to run across danger, he would have had to simply put her down to be able to do anything besides run -- so the whole while he hoped dearly they did not, and listened, and shied from dark magic in any direction he was able to feel it from -- including, of course, the girl's locket.

The pond... it would do, he felt -- it seemed beautiful -- but he'd one concern: "... only it's in th'open... if we camp by th'pond we'll be spotted easier..."
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man walked in silence for the most part, keeping his focus on the path ahead of them and the deep shadows. The moonlight filtered through the leaves and makes eerie shapes across the forest floor, limning the trunks and boughs with cerulean glow. Although he had sharp eyes and sharp ears, he was at a distinct disadvantage, being unable to detect the dark magic like the others could. Hopefully they were being vigilant as well, though the swordsman felt awful about poor Bialis. He was just a boy ... he shouldn't have to worry about such matters. I'm sorry, Ayma. I tried to protect you ... I tried.

Adrianna's description of the voices made him shudder. Goddess knew he heard voices too--at least now he didn't feel so different from everyone else. Though that line of discussion was cut short as they came to the edge of a clearing. Under the blue moon, he felt like he'd found a mysterious glade in the heart of the Starweald ... one time that thought would have terrified him, but no longer. It seemed a restful place.

As they discussed whether or not to stay, the Hanged Man performed a long inspection of the area. "Aye, Bialis--but if we--if we are close enough to the water, it will be difficult for anything to sneak up on us. We can keep watch and all should be well. Unless there are dark magics at work within the clearing itself ..." He trailed off, looking back to Bialis.
Yizkavesh (played by Draken901) Topic Starter

"'Can't say i've been having that. Well, I can fix up some Blank Dream Hask if that would help, because honestly my shoulder's bloody killing me. I'd say let's rest here. If something's coming, we have a good chance of us seeing it first. And heavens knows we all could use a lie down after today's... tonight's... this evening's happenings." He walks into the meadow, and sits down on an old stump. On closer inspection, there's what seems to be an overgrown fire-pit near the pond, with a few stumps around it.

A few fireflies buzz around the area, landing on flowers and plants, some flying with the wind.
Adrianna (played by SinceForgotten)

Adrianna kneels on the ground and gently lies the woman on her back, checking her vitals to make sure she was still breathing. When she was confident that the woman was ok, she rubbed hee shoulder and looks around, noticing the firepit. She walks over and sits on a stump, before rubbing her shoulders and looming over at yizkavesh.

"Blank dream hask? What's that?"

She says curiously.
Bialis Conroy (played anonymously)

Bialis set down Nalia for a bit stepped forward, warily, as if expecting the feeling and the pain to burst forward the moment he tread into the clearing -- he held out a hand behind him as he advanced into it, to keep the others back, for some unknown reason. Surely if he was as sensitive to dark magic as he had shown, he would have noticed it -- but there was some other paranoia here -- finally he turned, shook his head, and muttered, "No dark magic here..." And he retrieved the unconscious Nalia. Advancing beside the pond, though he kept away from the clearly ideal firepit. Perhaps because of Adrianna's presence there -- and the continuing, throbbing, lingering headache her proximity brought.

He did not ask the strange skull-headed figure -- Adrianna made his question for him. Just set down Nalia and sat on the grass, staring at the fireflies and wishing he had a jar for them.

"It's a mix of powders often mixed into milk or tea, which you're supposed to drink before you go to sleep. It's prevents having nightmares and dreams. It's said if you got to sleep with it in your belly, all you will see is either complete darkness or an expanse of nothing but white. Made it a few times myself, but I've never drunk any of it before. It could probably help you. You want some?"
Adrianna (played by SinceForgotten)

Adrianna spectates the idea for a moment. It had been awhile since she's had a proper rest, and this sounded like just the thing she needed. She normally would have turned it down, but she was desperate. She nods at yizkavesh while continuing to rub her shoulders.

"Yes please. If it works, then it sounds like just the thing that I need."

"Alright then." He takes out a flask of water, wooden mortar and pestle, and three small leather bags and sets them on the ground. He then opens the bags, taking pinches of brown leaves of a plant, and ashen and brown dust and starts mixing them together in the pestle,He looks over to Bialis and The Hanged struggling ever so slightly due to the darkness. He looks over to Bialis and The Hanged Man. "Aye, you two want some too?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus