Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Yizkavesh (played by Draken901) Topic Starter

The girl was not expecting getting kicked, nor the intervention by the shield, and backed off from the recoil for a moment, as the kick landed right on top of her stomach. She tried to quickly regain herself, but successfully got restrained by Adrianna, now attempting to cut Adrianna's arms to free herself. The girl was now snarling and growling like a mad dog, desperately trying to get free.

Yizkavesh ran over and dropped his mace near Adrianna. With an upward gesture with his right hand, vines shot up out of the ground, wrapping around her arms, legs, and neck and pulling them towards the earth, keeping them restrained. "Now to really stop her thrashing..." He gestured once again, this time blue energy forming in his palm. He put his hand on the girl's back, and her veins could be seen flowing with the same energy, as more of them fill, the less the girl moves, aside from her eyes and breathing.

For a moment, her body seemed to light up blue, as well as the markings. All glowing on her body then vanished, aside from her still purple eyes. The girl now gone quiet, with only quiet whimpering to be heard. Yizkavesh took his hand off of her and picked his mace back up, putting it back on his back.

"Now, she should be mostly tame. I made her muscles tense up indefinitely to where she can barely move. Nice job not being prey there you two. Now, question is, what in Bline's name do we do with her?" The girl's claws vanished after a moment.
Adrianna (played by SinceForgotten)

Adrianna looked over at yizkavesh as he vines shoot up from the ground. When she sees them she quickly let's go and gets out of the way, to avoid getting tangled up in the vines with her. She couldn't help but go wide eyed as he placed his hand on her and her entire body turned blue. When he finished, her eyes returned to normal, and she was taking deep breaths in order to catch her breath.

"Thanks...."

She says as she turns around and stares uneasily at the totem. She slowly stands up and walkes over to it, examining it before backing up to get a glimpse at the top.

"I think it's obvious that the totem was made her go crazy like that...whether it was controlling her actions or not, I don't know...but I get the feeling that if we destroy the totem, then it'll stop whatever link it's got to the woman..."

She says before taking a sharp inhale as she looks at her arms. It wasn't until then that she felt the pain in her arms, as the woman had tried cutting her arms to break free. She noticed the cuts on her arms, and put a hand to her cheek when she felt a sharp pain there as well. She kept her hand there for a moment and brought it back down only to see her hand covered in her blood. Though given the circumstances it could have been a lot worse. Even still, she didn't know any healing magic, and she just cursed under her breath as she stared at the blood on her hand.

"Damn it...she got me...guess it could be worse..."
Bialis Conroy (played anonymously)

Bialis didn't spend long fleeing with the unconscious elf upon his back -- he fled a short distance, a distance he would prefer to maintain anyway from the totem, but Yizkavesh and the Hanged Man helped to get the situation handled. Still with Nalia over his shoulder, and at a distance he spoke, loud enough to be heard:

"She got some sorta nasty dark magic inner what came from that crystal thing. Magic kinda like what that monster in th'shack had. Can't tell if it's quite th'same. I figured get her away frommit, it migh' fade... but Iunno how t'get it out, if it's possible. I gotta feelin this's where them monsters come from. Mages what was turned into monsters by them ... crystal spires... I ain't no mage an' Iunno how t'fix it. Justa guess I got."

Gently he'd lower the elf to the ground, inspecting her pulse -- he wasn't sure what had led to her fainting.

(By the way, combat initiative doesn't apply anymore.)
Nalia Navellan (played by NsuYeul)

After fainting for quite a while Nalia finally opens her eyes coming back to her self. Nalia sees Bialis looking at her inspecting her like a dead body.

im still alive Bialis

Nalia grunts as she stands up wobbling a bit, where are the others, where's the robe girl? Nalia tries to walk but even before she can take one step she falls on her knees again.

(Heavy breathing) this isn't helping at all, Bialis you should probably go back to the other or just leave me here, I'm currently a danger to you as I'm infected by the magic that corrupted that girl, I can probably find a way to remove it but you being close to me right now might be more of a danger than a help.

Nalia tries to stand up using the tree as support.

Adrianna looks up from her hand and looks over to see nailia trying to stand up. She quickly rushes over to her and kneels down, putting an arm over nailias shoulder and helping her to her feet. She smiles at nailia before speaking.

"Welcome back. The robed girl is currently restrained until we figure out what to do. You were out for quite a bit. Are you alright??"

She says trying to keep a smile on her face, when in reality her arms and the left side of her face burned from the gashes she recieved, but she wasnt likely to admit it. Blood was pouring down the left side of Adriannas cheek and down the rest of her face, as well as her arms. She slowly starts helping nailia walk over to everyone else.

"Let's get you patched up, huh?"

She says before walking over to a tree stump and helping nailia sit down.

Bialis almost laughed, though it was a strained sound "-- Course yer alive, din' suspect otherwise, but..."

Her explanation was more than enough, and an explanation he drew back with a disturbed grimace at. Infected with that magic -- was she sure? He wasn't, himself -- couldn't feel it, but then he'd found he could not always feel these things, not when they were not quite yet posing a threat -- hadn't he known mages without knowing they were mages, despite what he could feel? He ought to take the elf's word for it...

His teeth gritted. The healer, weakened and possibly dangerous? And another clearly in need of healing coming right near -- another he didn't want to go near, let alone touch! And he was no healer either -- memories of holding down or trying to soothe comerades while they were tended, or tending them while stronger ones held them down, that hardly counted!

"... it may be best if yer restrained, if yer sure about it..." he muttered, wincing and hissing in breath, for Adrianna was now close, of course. He did address her. "Yer bleedin'. If you kin find sommat clean I can staunch it maybe." A snort from his nose. He clearly wasn't happy to offer it.

No need for that Bialis, i can still help.

Nalia looks at Adrianna for a sec before she started Chanting a Unknown Language.

Dirthara-ma Ellasin selah

As Nalia finish her words lights start to cover Adrianna open wound and her Burn mark, after the light disappeared the Wound was close and Adrianna burn mark was gone. As The light that was created by the magic disappeared Nalia started to sweat more and grow more paler.

(Heavy Breathing) There you go Your good as new it's like you never even fought.

Nalia smiled toward Adrianna before she returns to face the ground again and continues to Breath heavily again.

Adrianna raises an eyebrow at her, before she hears her chanting. This only confused her more, until lights covered her wounds. She just knelt there kind of shocked until the light dissipated. She looked at her arms, and her eyes widened when she saw her injuries were gone. She even held her hand up to her face to see if it was still bleeding. She just looks at nailia surprised.

"Thank you...but you didn't have too....it just seems to have worm you out..."

She says as she helps nailia sit down. She looks over at bailias and just glares at him before speaking up.

"I appreciated the offer, but if you didn't want to help me then you didn't have to offer..."

She says trying to help nailia with her breathing.

Yizkavesh was examining the girl restrained to the ground. He can be seen flipping through an old book, occasionally looking over to the group while doing so. The girl is still quietly whimpering, still under some sort of illness or spell, with her eyes glowing bright purple. He is gliding his index finger over the lines, trying to figure out what they are. He can be heard quietly murmuring to himself. "Strange... it has patron-esque similarities... yet does not have any sort of distinct features... hmm..."
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

"Stop acting like children," came a stern voice--the Hanged Man finally approached, after leaving Yizkavesh to inspect the subdued girl. (The swordsman could barely stand to look down at her in her current state, bound in the vines as she was.) "If you d-don't like each other, fine, but for the love of the goddess, stay away from each others' throats." His green eyes were cold and he looked particularly old in that moment--though perhaps it was just the way the eerie blue moonlight hit the planes of his face.

Adrianna seemed to be better off now, still bloody but her injuries healed. Nalia looked exhausted, but not rabid--not yet, at least. "Keep an eye on her," he said, pointing to the elf. "I am going to see what can be done about this ... thing." The Hanged Man turned away again and return to the strange onyx construction. A sense of dread filled him at being in its proximity, but he weathered it for now. He swung his shield to gently tap the side of it to see if there would be any reaction.

Adrianna glanced over at the hanged man. She was surprised, but at the same time she wasnt. He acted like a father almost. If not a father than a fatherly figure, getting on them for the way they were behaving. She just sighs and nod, taking a quick glance at bialias before helping nailia lie down on the ground.

"Just lie there and rest up ok? I'll stay with you if you want...."

She says lying down in front of her and placing a hand on her head to comfort her. While she did that, she looks at the totem and just sighs.

"Id say we destroy it assuming we knew what it was....it obviously Controls people so I don't want any of us going anywhere near it either...."

As Nalia lay in the ground while listening to what the others are talking about. Nalia stood up a little.

Destroying it will only make it worse, its a magic relic for a magic user you should know such powerful relic holds powerful magic inside destroying it will only release the magic inside it, once its release that magic that was sealed in that totem will search for a new vessel and it will go for Living creature this time, instead of destroying it try purification or seal the totem it self so no harm will come to the next person to find that totem assuming it can even be purified.

Nalia looks toward the totem.

"Thats....actually a really smart idea nailia."

She says smiling before standing up. She looks at bailias and sighs. As much as she hated relying on him to do something, someone needed to keep an eye on nailia. And she wasn't about to bring nailia and closer to the totem than she already was. She helps her to lie down before addressing bialias.

"Keep an eye on her ok?"

She says before standing up and grabbing her staff. She approaches the totem, before taking a deep breath and sighing. She turns to the others.

"Any objections to this plan?"

Bialis' jaw tensened -- he hadn't expected, of all things in the world, to be scolded. There were very few advantages to the solitary life he'd been leading in the months before the dark came -- to the ease with which he was ignored -- but not being scolded by anyone but himself was one of them. He had a retort or five come to mind, but bit his tongue, merely glared at the ground, exhaling sharply through his nose. He merely nodded when asked to watch over Nalia -- if the dark magic which was apparently inside her were to activate, he would be the first to know, before any visible signs.

He kept his voice quiet. "Now I know that ain't true -- dark artefacts can be destroyed. Worked hard findin' em an' gettin' em to those what knew how to do it back in th'day." Given the lad's young age, just what 'back in the day' meant was an amusing question. In truth he did not know for absolute certainty -- but he was certain enough. "But unless one ovvus is some sorta cleric or someone got experience innit, destroyin' an' purifyin' or sealin' it ain't neither here nor there coz none ovvus can do it. Can... can we?" Looking back from where he was knelt at the elf's side with a frown to the skull-headed... creature. Bialis didn't know what to think of Yizkavesh.

"Now there's where your wrong, bialis. While i may have never had any training in healing magic, I've studied and had training in purification and sealing objects. I've done it before."

but it doesn't come without consequences...she thinks the last part to herself. And it was true. The person whom taught her magic helped train her in performing purifications, and with practice she was able to do it quite well. She just holds her locket and closes her eyes, sighing before giving another glance at the groups.

"It's like I said though, if anybody object so to purification, say do before it's to late."

She says trying to be considerate of other people's opinions and ideas before taking it into her own hands.

As The Hanged Man tapped the totem, a faint glow of red light could be seen gently fading away after he tapped it. Yizkavesh stepped away from the girl, with the book still open, and walks over to the totem where Adrianna and Hanged Man were at. He then began flipping through the book's pages again while studying the totem, and the faint glow of the slitted sparks of dim light inside his eye-sockets could now be seen clearer than ever as they moved around to look at the totem's features.

"I wouldn't mess with it right now if I were you. The energies coming from the lines on the girl matches up with the energies coming from this. They seem to be similar to infernal lines. The ones a warlock or witch would use to call an image or voice of a patron with, infernal or not. But they don't seem to be linked to anything or anyone of power. They're just empty lines."
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man looked the monument over again as it glowed briefly, then lowered his shield. Listening to Yizkavesh, he nodded, preparing to leave the totem behind. "Then ... I suppose we take the girl with us. Perhaps removing her from the vicinity will break its hold over her. Or do we just kill her?" These words were rather cold, perhaps, but he was only trying to be realistic. "Or just leave her bound here?"

Adrianna looks at yizkavesh and nods, only to be surprised by what the hanged man had to say. She couldn't believe he'd say something like that! She instantly turns to him before speaking up.

"What?! Just because the world became dark doesn't mean we have to be!"

She says before breathing to control her temper. After taking a moment to collect herself, she looks at him again apologetically.

"I'm sorry....we should take her with us until we know for sure that she's ok..."

Bialis tensened, when Adrianna offered to purify the totem herself -- a look of pure fury came over his face -- but others spoke when he meant to, and he was trying to be gentle with Nalia and to get an idea of her health. Her symptoms looked familiar to him in a way which did not give him confidence -- confused him at best. Still, he did regard the immediate area to see if he could spot any herbs which might help alleviate her symptoms.

His voice when it escaped was grating. Trying not to show too much anger and failing, regarding Adrianna like one would regard a viper. "Please. Stop waxin' poetic playin' pretty... now 's I figure it, best t'try an' move this stranger far away from it an' any more of those, see if it goes 'way. If it don't fade once we get some distance... may be best t'leave her, unfortunately. An' Adrianna, you ain't gettin' near that thing nor any others if we see em. Magic from it an' from you migh' not be quite the same, but they're close enough in my book."

rolled 1d20 and got 13
Herbage Findage

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dawn of Night

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus