Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Medieval Fantasy Orphanage (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Bialis Conroy (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Tardville876 wrote:
I'm interested! Not as an orphan, but a caretaker. You said very powerful people/creatures should be very rare if present, so may I ask what would qualify a very powerful character?

Anyone who would stand a chance against a superhero in a one-on-one fight, whether it be due to items or abilities, is too powerful.

Some non-combat abilities are too powerful -- for instance reading minds, or being able to shapeshift like Mystique -- but those kind of have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

It seems the vast majority of people entering this RP have powers, though, so I may start to allow fewer magical characters to balance things out in a bit...
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:
I'm interested! Not as an orphan, but a caretaker. You said very powerful people/creatures should be very rare if present, so may I ask what would qualify a very powerful character?

Anyone who would stand a chance against a superhero in a one-on-one fight, whether it be due to items or abilities, is too powerful.

Some non-combat abilities are too powerful -- for instance reading minds, or being able to shapeshift like Mystique -- but those kind of have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

It seems the vast majority of people entering this RP have powers, though, so I may start to allow fewer magical characters to balance things out in a bit...
Is there a story line to this, or is it just random?

Tardville876 wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:

It is primarily character-driven. However there is an overarching conflict (the orphanage is falling on tough times with the death of its most major donor, conditions will slowly be getting worse unless solutions are found).
Ruth (played anonymously)

Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Would this character be alright to join with?

Yes... but not at their current power level!

Okay what would I need to change?

Master of all elements is the one that really sticks out like a sore thumb to me... I'm not fond of shapeshifters, but that's an admittedly biased personal preference from bad experiences and not something rational that I can back up with logic, given the shapes your character can shift into aren't really powerful, so I won't disallow that.

Basically, picture a superhero, let's say... Spiderman, Wonder Woman, whatever. If your character stands a chance of winning in a fight against them, they are too OP for this specific roleplay.

Okay that's fine. I can take that off for this rp?
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:

It is primarily character-driven. However there is an overarching conflict (the orphanage is falling on tough times with the death of its most major donor, conditions will slowly be getting worse unless solutions are found).
I was thinking that my character could be a very powerful being, but nobody really knows, like he's there to protect the orphanage or something.

Ruth wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Master of all elements is the one that really sticks out like a sore thumb to me... I'm not fond of shapeshifters, but that's an admittedly biased personal preference from bad experiences and not something rational that I can back up with logic, given the shapes your character can shift into aren't really powerful, so I won't disallow that.

Basically, picture a superhero, let's say... Spiderman, Wonder Woman, whatever. If your character stands a chance of winning in a fight against them, they are too OP for this specific roleplay.

Yup, that works! A lot of the chars here are adjusted in some way from their stated stats on their RPR profile (for instance I'm playing mine a little younger, some are toning down powers or adjusting backstory).
Ruth (played anonymously)

Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Yup, that works! A lot of the chars here are adjusted in some way from their stated stats on their RPR profile (for instance I'm playing mine a little younger, some are toning down powers or adjusting backstory).

Sweet! Well I can age down Ruth if needed and he's still a sorta new character so he doesn't quite have a backstory yet but I'm working on it!
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Tardville876 wrote:

Or I can make him a regular person

Yes, mundane characters are always appreciated, we only have a few so far! Both of you, feel free to submit your characters to the group when you are ready. When approved, you must read the first post on the Character Profile Adjustments thread in the group forums and then respond to it as it requests, so that I (and everyone else) understand both any differences between your RPR profile and how you're playing your character in the orphanage, and also there's a few questions about magic I ask. XD
Bialis Conroy wrote:
Yes, mundane characters are always appreciated, we only have a few so far! Both of you, feel free to submit your characters to the group when you are ready. When approved, you must read the first post on the Character Profile Adjustments thread in the group forums and then respond to it as it requests, so that I (and everyone else) understand both any differences between your RPR profile and how you're playing your character in the orphanage, and also there's a few questions about magic I ask. XD
Could you link me to the place where we submit them and give me basic instructions? I'm still kinda new to this
Nvm I found it
Bialis Conroy wrote:
After that, what do I do?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Medieval Fantasy Orphanage (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus