Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Unavailable

TheLily

So, tomorrow in the afternoon I'll be having at least one, maybe two, maybe three teeth extracted from my skull.

For those of you who don't know - getting bits of bone pulled from your jaw hurt. I also heard that there might be a chance they could break my jaw (unlikely, but ultimately terrifying).

What this means for RPR is that after I leave tomorrow morning my RP's are on hold. I don't know for how long, but it might be until after Friday, depending on how I'm feeling day to day. I don't manage pain well and I will also be on a mostly liquid diet due to the face that if I get my last wisdom tooth out as well as the other two - it's on both sides. If I only get the two broken ones removed they're on the same side.

If the only take the one out, I might be back even sooner, but who knows.

We'll have to see. I know Skype is out for a few weeks - the last time I had a tooth out I had a hard lisp for almost a month and my lip was split pretty bad.

I'm hoping at the very least if my lip is split I get a scar from it. No point in having the pain and nothing to show for it!

Anyhow, I'll see y'all when I get back. I might even have Husband log on and watch chat for me while I lay in bed and drool.

<3
I wish you a super speedy recovery, Lily! And don't worry too much about the RPs; I'll keep an eye on them. Feel better!
Witness

Lily, I'll be thinking of you today; here's hoping for a smooth operation, and an easy recovery. :) I'll be patiently, but eagerly, awaiting our ghost hunting RP, and I'll be sure to keep your spot in the RPR chat in Skype reserved ;)
Oh goodness. And an epicly amazing round of 4-hour-long Kudo-ing is followed by this! Here's also to hoping your surgery and recovery go well! Remember to rest up well; you darn well deserve it, Lily! <3
Minerva

Feel better, and don't worry about it. That's a typical warning and a worst case scenario thing. Follow medicines as needed and remember to ice your jaw, or you'll burn through all your pain pills. Derek went through a four wisdom extraction and came out just fine. Consider yourself lucky. My life situation is forcing me to battle an abcessing infection that already rotted half of my wisdom tooth away and lights my entire head in permanent pain. Hopefully when i find an apartment... and see a doctor about being pregnant... I might be able to have mine yanked out. It'll hurt for a while but you'll be just fine, and if they really are causing trouble you'll be happy to be rid of them. :)
You'll be glad when you have them out Lily! :) I'll be thinking of you today, I wish you a speedy recovery! :)
Kim Site Admin

Good luck! I'm certain everything will go well, and you'll be feeling loads better soon. Sending warm wishes your way! <3
TheLily Topic Starter

so... I'm going in for an extended appointment on Friday now. :( I have to wait LONGER to get this tooth removed.
TheLily Topic Starter

Okay, tooth is coming out TONIGHT. I'm on my way out RIGHT now. I'm gunna have one last hot meal. I might be on tomorrow morning. I might not. I shouldn't be on for too long tonight if at all.
TheLily Topic Starter

So, I had over 1600 dollars worth of work today, including the two extractions. While I feel okay - my brain is melted from the ammount of numbing they gave me. 17 shots of the regular stuff and one novacain. I am very sore, but I can show y'all pictures of my removed teeth in a little bit. once I find my camera.
Sanne Moderator

I hope you feel better soon, Lilypie! The aftermath is never fun. I hope the meds help you combat the soreness. :)
I hope you feel better dear. We will miss you <3
Kim Site Admin

Rest well! You'll be back on your feet in no time. :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I remember getting my wisdoms out and doing a really big RP right after. My mental state slowly decayed as the painkillers wore off. That was fun. :P

Hope you feel better soon!
TheLily Topic Starter

http://tinypic.com/r/2mcw1zq/6 !!! Those are the teeth! The thin one was an extra tooth I had for over ten years. My tongue is itching to touch it and I feel this flash of fear every time I pass over where it should be.

http://tinypic.com/r/c13rp/6 This is the wisdom tooth - it came in broken. The root was exposed that whole time (it came in 6-7 months ago, just before Christmas). I'm lucky that while it was rotting from the outside in that it barely hurt unless I poked the exposed root, but I had to to help clean it out.

http://tinypic.com/r/2rn8vhk/6 This is the extra tooth. It was completely unaffected by cavaties. It's kinda sad that I had to loose it, since it's been there for so long, but I'm sure one I get over the tempation to touch the hole I'll be happier without it.

Among the other work, they also filed my front two teeth so they look straight. Looking in the mirror at them gives me this wonderful sensation. I've always been made fun of for my teeth and we're finally going in the right direction. I think I'm going to take the best care I possibly can of them. I'll be able to smile and show my teeth - this is something I've never felt comfortable doing. I've always felt my smile would keep me from ever being beautiful. Now my smile is improving, and honestly it makes my heart flutter a bit.

I feel beautiful, if a bit lightheaded.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Unavailable

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus