Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Whisperer (Open)

David (played by Rudito01)

"i have nothing else to do." said David with a shrug. following behind Lidia he asked " what did you mean you didnt have anything to hold you back?"
The Serpentmasters (played by Minerva)

For now, he's out. Post without him until comfortable. A snaking tail long enough to be a dragon in many eyes winded across the beach in varied lengths depending on tide. It might become evident from odd sudden steps in tail width and oddly jutting or missing scales that the old lizard had even lost his tail more than once. It was good chance to witness the truth of his "whiskers" as well, which even continued down the spine--remnants of torn or even rotten fins, blackening with age and wear--what was left of them, at least. Dragon scales, usually reknowned for their strength, appeared chipped in some areas. A few others, like any lizard growing through life, looked young, sleek, and vibrant ocean blue--a stark contrast to the wearying navy and battered blacks, faded ice tones and everything else mottling into patches of scaling. Or, worse, a few areas without it. Those might oddly be the key to even waking him come the time.
Lidia Foster (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Lidia led the way home, scrambling down the hills and threading her way along what looked like a deer path.

"Well, I just meant that I don't have a whole lot of...attachments to this village." She bit her lip and shrugged. "I'm too strange to have friends," she finally blurted out. "There is one who's a friend, but he's...different. And well, they won't be sorry to see me leave." Under her breath she added: "Only to see me come back."

Her face had fallen by the time they entered the village and it was clear that those who were out of their homes looked up only to scowl at her and her new 'friend' before turning their backs to her--or worse, calling their kids in from playing. Lidia took it all in stride, keeping her eyes on the path until they reached a tiny little house that was little more than a shack.

"Sorry it's not larger, but it's just me living here and it does well enough for me to crash in at night. I spend most of my time outdoors." She opened the door by unlocking it and then applying her shoulder to the inner frame. With a shudder and a crack, the door swung open, raining down plaster from above. She dusted her head off and entered the sun-lit two-room house.

She went to the first of two rooms and reached under the lumpy mattress to pull out another duffel bag.

David went in the house with a last look outside. "who is this other friend?" asked David with curiosity

He snores underwater. That's about it until someone wakes him up.
Nikie (played by CookieLurv)

Nikie had been traveling for years and she had never seen water do something like this. As she stared at the bubbles that would come to the surface every five seconds, and she did count it. Currently she was in the form of her fur like dragon. Kinda looked like a goat that had it's back end stretch remarkably. Nikie's horns protruded from behind her ears which were currently forward, listening for the knowing sound of bubbles popping as they reached the surface.

Curious as she was a dragon she made her way down to the sand that surrounded the water. Then with some coaxing she stuck her head into the water after taking in a breath. With haste, she quickly pulled her head back as well as backed up the shore again. "Since when do dragons get that big?" She coughed out. Obviously it wasn't dead, the bubbles were a sure sign of that.

Lidia shrugged. "A guy who lives in town. He's really the only one who'll trade more than a few short sentences with me." She smiled briefly before finishing collecting her gear. She contemplated leaving a note but there really wasn't a point in doing so. Either she would come back or she wouldn't.

And right now she had a whole lot of why she wouldn't. She zipped up her duffel and swung it across her body. "Alright, let's hurry up and get back. I'm ready to leave this town."

And then her better nature took hold and she left a note for the guy: "Out observing; if I don't come back in a month or two, feel free to take the house. -Lid."

"Let's go." She headed back to the water where they'd left the huge dragon.

David walked with lidia to where they had left Zentus. "are you dure you got everything? We might not come nací for a long time"

Well, it wasn't everry five seconds; huge lungs made each one a drawn out affair. Water in, a small vortex pulled at the surface. Water out, tumultuous bubbling. The tide wasn't entirely sure what to do around him. The furry one inspecting him might notice an unfortunate school of fish falling prey to the suction, albeit that was a few hundred feet out from shore. It didn't seem to phase him.

Okay maybe not five seconds, but she liked to count her seconds long. The fish however dreadful it was to them, was incredibly funny to her. Every time it seemed that they were out of reach it was like the dragon would pull them back as easy as if they were leashed. If the dragon didn't stop it may suck up more than the water. Of course she was just liberating the point. Nikie stuck her head back in the water and again shook her head at how she would wake such a huge beast. But then again, why would she? He might suck her in right along with all the other fish and water. Whose to say that when he woke and rose that there wouldn't be torrents and chaos that her size couldn't handle.

She grinned at David. "Nope, I don't need anything more. I travel light. Makes it easier to move faster--although also easier to carry off." She grumbled the last point more to herself than to David. Not that she was completely unarmed. She did have a small pistol-crossbow tucked into her duffel bag. And a quiver of a few bolts. They wouldn't do anything against a dragon, but that was what the whip was for.

They approached the water and suddenly another form stuck out to Lidia. Her jaw dropped at seeing another dragon. "David!" she hissed, motioning for him to stop and get low. She crouched, watching the furred dragon. What was it doing? Fishing?

Probably the dragon would feel it was being watched. Lidia studied it intently. How could it have fur and not scales? Was it an illusion? She'd ask, but she didn't want to scare it--and at any rate, it seemed to be thoroughly engrossed in its play with the water. Where was her notebook when she needed it?

David crouched when Lidia told him to. He saw the dragon and smiled "you got lucky today. Three dragons in a row"

Well... A few certainly did get 'filtered', but it didn't seem to wake him in the slightest. Apparently, when he sleeps, he -sleeps-. The water even siphoned against his neck between the rotten fin 'whiskers', which narrowly covered an additional set of gills... which were half clogged by seaweed now, anyway. An underwater sneeze as resulting from the fish caused, at surface level, a sudden lowering of the tide from the inhale and an outward-bursting tidal wave from exhale. And a random fish getting to experience flight for the first time when it cleared the surface, followed by an arc of ice. It only half-roused him, shifting in his comfort and flopping onto his side under the water. Causing stormy waves for a second, he settled with a few thumpings of the tail (everyone watch out!)

The sudden movement caused Nikie to lose her footing and slip into the river. Luckly for her she knew how to swim dispite her longish body. As she wiggled under the water, she had to avoid getting hit by several objects that had laid undisturbed for ages. Her foot tapped the top of the large dragon's head as she scrambled for footage.

Lidia nodded at David. "Definitely." She could hardly believe her luck. Apparently luck did come in bursts of threes. At least for now.

But seeing the dragon get swept into the water, she broke cover. "Can it swim?" she was shedding her duffel bag and her outer layer of clothing in preparation to dive into the water after it. Never mind that it was probably heavier than her and there was no way she could swim with it to shore.

She paused briefly at the shoreline, trying to look for the dragon before plunging in.

"hey come here!" yelled David catching up to her and picking her up. Pulling her back to cover "we don't even know if it's a friend, and you were about to jump in and help it"

The monster dragon didn't seem to notice. Even the hooves on his head more made dull sounds like beating on stone. Perhaps the goat likeness made the rugged terrain of his overgrown SKULL something like a craggy and navigable mountain? He's just a danger zone in pure innocence. Then again, an earthquake usually doesn't realize the damage it's doing either. Eventually, the water settled when he did and after pause, the funnel and geyser pattern repeated.

(She doesn't have hooves lol.)

When the water finally calmed enough where she could move, she slowly swam to the face of the dragon. Though she had been underwater for a while now, she could stay under for an hour at least. She slowly drifted to land on the snout. This was the biggest dragon she had ever seen in her lifetime. If there where more of this stature, she didn't know where they were. Other than sleeping in rivers and out of plan sight.

"Let me go! If it's drowning it doesn't matter if it is a friend or not." Lidia squirmed against the David's clutches her eyes scanning the water. "It didn't drown did it?"

Talk about a bad omen. Finding a dragon only to have it drown itself. "Maybe we should wake up Zentos? Or maybe you could check to see if it's really not drowning?"

Lidia was beside herself with anxiety. She'd seen too many young dragons flounder in water--although given the size of this one, she hoped it could at least swim, or hold its breath.

Davis sighed "I'll go check if it makes you feel better. But no helping other things that might kill you, I'll do that ok?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Whisperer (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus