Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Whisperer (Open)

David (played by Rudito01)

David looked at Lidia "I don't think he's waking up. You want me to go down there and wake him"
Nikie (played by CookieLurv)

She would sit here incase stuff did start falling and shifting as it did before. After the first time, it was a no go for her.
The Serpentmasters (played by Minerva)

(Zz)
Lidia Foster (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

She frowned as the dragon didn't so much as even twitch. Right, his head was still under water. And then in answer to David's question, she adjusted her position just a little and snapped the whip a second time.

The knotted tip of the whip struck one of the more sensitive-looking spots on the dragon, since she figured given the dragon's apparent age, it might take him a minute to actually feel anything.

Nothing. No twitch, no--five, ten seconds. Nope, nothing. Fifteen seconds and a few passed and suddenly the tail coiled. Delayed neural signals much? The water started churning again, but hopefully they had ample time as some grunting and enormous nasal sounds surfaced, air expelling from his nose at the surface like a blowhole and sluggishly sitting up, scratching a swollen belly, and opening his maw in a yawn. Something crackled behind it, and in the throat a swelling of white light jettisoned outward, filling his giant skull and the sky ahead of him. A small blue glint and crystaline glitter followed the trail of incidental laser breath. He slapped his lips a few times before drawing in his tail and babying it, looking at the cause. He had to lower his head and squint, which didn't help much, but sniffing did. Water still poured between his scales. "Mm... good morning little miss. Can I help you?"

(Clarification: the morning breath shoots into the sky harmlessly, save for a few birds that freeze and fall, and a firework esque display at impact point, but instead of oversized snow crystals.)

Lidia gave ample room to the surging waves, and then waited for the dragon to rise. He took his time about it, which she had expected, although she wasn't entirely sure he might not try to eat her after waking him. She tried her best not to hide behind David, though she might have taken a step or two backwards and maybe slightly in his direction. After all, Zento was huge.

"Good morning, Zento. Sorry for the rude awakening--I did try to rise you without pain." She offered, hoping it might appease him somewhat. "Uh, we're ready to go if you're still willing to show us the way to the lands you spoke of earlier. Or at least, I am."

She gestured with the handle of her whip at the other bank where water sloshed up, and at the top, surprisingly still dry, was her duffel bag.

His nose twitched. He stared blankly. Even more blankly than his blind gaze typically afforded. "Hm?" came out belatedly. Had he... Forgotten? Another bout of morning breath came in a yawn, this one without the backlog of laser behind it, but plus the smell of fish and seaweed. He sat upright again. "Oh... Right." he... Didn't sound that clear on his revelation. He coughed a few times, which may have sounded more like demonic barking as his head extended and throat-pocket collapsed a few times, looking as if to choke. Mouth opening, an array of fish, seaweed, and silt enough to fill an average fishing net came spilling out to the ground, a few creatures still flipping about. ... His filtering doesn't work so well anymore. Hopefully nobody was buried in dragon-slobbered seafood. "Hungry?" uh... He rubbed his nose. He lowered his head to her again. "I... Think something is stuck." his nostril flared, a fish about two feet up stuck in whatever lined his nose. "Would you be a dear?" regardless of if she fished(c

through his snot for him or not (which may have been a feat including climbing his lips to even get at it), he cleared his throat. No fish came out this time. "Oh! We were going to the temple in Ch'ch'iri!" he remembered belatedly. Anyone else getting worried yet?

"we dragons why would we worry?"

(sorry for being late where are we?)

(zento wakes up)

It wasn't as bad as she had believed it would be. Nikie was relieved however that the whip really didn't affect the big dragon. She stood as they talked as if they had known each other all their lives. But what was a woman with a whip doing here? That was her main question.

Lidia scrambled back as Zento brought up whatever he hadn't filtered from sleeping in the water. She had no idea how it worked, or even if it was possible for him to drown or suffocate if he got too plugged up.

And then she was eyeing the dragon's nostril. She would have to climb up his face, then two feet or more to stick her arm into the icky cavern to unblock whatever was lodged there. And what if he sneezed? She really didn't want to end up like those poor birds in the sky from his morning breath.

"Uh, David? Mind helping a girl out?" She looked pleadingly at the half dragon, really not wanting to reach her arm into that gooey mess.

"Ch-chiri temple?" Lidia looked confused. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Is that near the dragon valley or, uh, Ami?"

Dazid walked forward and unclogged the dragons nose. He pulled out a fish and dropped it to the ground

Oh, sure, throw the man under the bus. Perhaps David felt the oddly cold breeze of his breath, but no, he didn't sneeze. "Thank you, son." he pushed himself up to stand, stomping right over them onto solid ground. "Ch'Ch'iri is in Inmi, but is far closer to the gate. It is a resting point, though we can't stay there long. I can take you to Ashtar, the water city, and then decide whether to head to the valley, or Ami's capitol, Nakag--that is, my home. You'll find it far easier to enter there than either Ch'ch'iri or the valley, hah. Now, girl... Can you climb aboard?" with old eyes, he had nearly missed the new entrant, belatedly picking up Nikie's aura when turning about again! "Oh!" he trilled. "A Diamond, so far out here?" the oddly boyish voice seemed thrilled... Even if he was mistaken. "But what happened to your lovely wings? Are you a second or third yearling?" hopefully there was no offense taken. He sounded like he was talking to a puppy or infant, inflection and all. ...what? everything looks small!

She didn't quite know how she could explain her lack of limbs, "It is difficult to explain but my skin holds small wings all over my skin. If that makes any sense." it didn't to here but it was the only way she could think to explain it.

"My name's Lidia," she told him, eyeing his height. "I can climb aboard." And this time she used her whip as a rope, hooking one end around a spine or something sticking out of Zento and scrambling up until she could find a reasonable purchase.

She also had the biggest smile on her face. She was riding a dragon! An old, senile, more scales than anything else, dragon. She loved her life.

And then she looked over at Nikie. "Tiny wings? So its not just a, uh," she snapped her fingers briefly trying to come up with the word, "hovering trick?"

"And mine, Zento." He introduced... again, as if missing that she had just called him by name.

Climbing his back was much like a water-drizzled mountainside of blue stone. Still she had a formidable height to climb with fish and barnacles on her road.

The smaller dragon drew a tilt of the head. "Not like any Diamond I have seen." Perhaps it would register soon that she was no diamond dragon. "Are you coming as well?" From Nikie to David he glanced. "I've room for more." Of course they may want to fly themselves.

"Now, which way to your world tree?" Of course that likely drew confusion. "Or... what direction did I come from?" Oh dear.

((OKAY GUYS, Me and Pen talked and since the ball's going kinda more in my court for Zento's home world, I made a new thread. I guess Pen can decide whether she wants to post here for a few more turns, or if she wants to move the RP over there. I've got an OOC rules post up, as well as about to post what will be the introduction to that thread. I know the OOC post is HUGE but it's mostly just... posting order rules, etiquette, and stuff about the world. =) No more huge OOC blocks I swear.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Whisperer (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus