Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Ginger Goods (1x1)

Candice was opening up shop, humming lightly. The sign had been flipped to 'open', and the young redhead was now behind the counter, decorating a few cupcakes in her free time. The bakery had a delicious aroma of sweet candies and baked goods, and anyone coming near the counter would be able to catch the scent of honeyed tea. The source was the teacup that was settled near Candice for when she paused long enough to take a sip from it.

A few people went in and out of the cozy bakery, the place never too crowded at one time.
Michael (played anonymously)

Michael was a runner. He was always running, or training to run. Thing was, he didn't consider himself an athlete. Instead, he just liked to call himself a free running enthusiast. Anyone who knew the boy would pay no mind to his seemingness to run in place, or stretching his legs for no reason at all.

On this such a day though, Michael was not running. Instead teh young man was head down, hands in pockets, and a thoughtful look on his face. As he passed one building his stomach growled, and he blinked and looked up.

"A bakery..." His stomach growled again. Then with a slight grin he entered, taking a deep breath. "Wow..."
Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Candice looked up from her decorating and smiled brightly. "Hello! Welcome to Ginger Goods, how can I help you?" was the warm greeting. She set aside the cupcake and wiped her hands on the apron she wore. The apron had a tag on it near the shoulder strap that read 'Candy'. Yes, she used her nickname for her nametag.

The other occupants of the shop were sitting and eating, so he had no line to wait in. But plenty of goodies to look at through the windows of the displays.

He glanced at her name tag and grinned. "Well, I was hungry, and I thought maybe you could help me out." He glanced around the place. "This is my first time here... Do you have any bagels? What would you suggest for someone who needs a lot of energy?"

He wasn't much for super sweet, but he could appreciate a good turnover or cookie.

Candice smiled as he spoke. "Of course! I have all sorts of bagels. Blueberry, chocolate chip, strawberry, even bagels with candy bits in them." She giggled softly and then pointed to one of the racks behind the glass on the display area. "All the bagels are here, and all the kinds are labeled. Just tell me what sounds good." She thought over his question with a smile. "Well do you need a lot of long-lasting energy, or a good burst of energy?"

She had plenty that could give someone a good sugar-rush!

The blonde lit up at this. "Do you have a french toast bagel? I had one of those up north, best thing I ever ate!" The mere thought of the delicacy was enough to make his mouth water. And if this girl had them... he might just mary her. He grinned at the thought, rubbing his hands together.

Candice crouched down. "French toast bagel? Yes sir!" She smiled and grabbed one of the bagels. She was wearing gloves, naturally, to keep everything clean. "Would you like anything else, or anything to drink?" She would wrap the bagel and hand it to him. He could eat it here or take it and eat it later. "I hope it lives up to the one you had up north!" She smiled at him.

"Chocolate milk if you have it." He quickly took the bagel and bit, hit eyes closing and a long Mmmmmm~ coming from him. "Oh wow... This is my new happy place, right here." He took another bite and smiled at the girl. "I'm Michael, Michael Arouch. It's very nice to meet you Miss Candy."

Candice nodded quickly and went to get him a nice cold glass of milk. She handed it to him and smiled happily when he reacted to the bagel. "I'm glad!" She would hold her hand out to him as he introduced himself, giggling. "I'm Candice Wagner, but you can definitely call me Candy. I'm the owner of this bakery. It's nice to meet you too, Michael!" After shaking his hand, she would ring up his total and then after giving it to him, say, "Feel free to take one of those seats over there and enjoy your meal."

He smiled, paying for his food and nodding. Then he shook her hand. "Likewise. And I think I will." He took a seat near teh window, happily eating his bagel and washing it down. Wow, this was good. He looked around the bakery a bit, taking in the patrosn and decor.

Candice would go back to decorating cupcakes at the counter. He got to see her talent and skill right there. It was just little decorations, nothing fancy since most of the baking was in the back. But she had a piping tool that she was using, and she was putting various candies and shaped toppings on the cupcakes. People came in and out here and there, the overall atmosphere being quite relaxing. Almost like a cafe.

After finishing his food, he leaned back and sighed. Man, this would be an awesome place to hang out... Not to quiet, teh smells were good, and the food was good. But, after a while, the young man would have to go, so with a sigh he stood up and headed for teh door. Then he went back to the counter and asked "Can I have a couple of those bagels to go? I needsomething to munch on while I work."

Candice looked up when he came back to the counter and she nodded. "Of course!" She got a little bag and would put in not two, but three bagels. "I'll give you an extra one, on the house." She smiled at him and handed over the bag, ringing up his purchase. "Have a good day! Good luck at work!"

He smiled big and payed for the bagels. "Thanks a lot Candy! I'll see you later." And with that, the young and energetic man left, already half done with one of the bagels.

Candice would smile happily and wave. "Take care!" She would keep working throughout the day, making various delicious goodies. By the time closing rolled around, she was cleaning up and she flipped the sign over to 'closed'. Then she stepped out and locked up, smiling. It had been a good day. And any day spent baking was a good day.

(ok... now what? Not sure where to go with this)

(Michael can run into her again? And they could start talking?)

Michael was on his way back home, from a long and tiresome day at work, when he happened to go down a familiar street. Candy would feel a brush of wind, then Michael was come to a stop and trot back her direction.

"Oh, hey! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

Candice squeaked in surprise as she felt the brush of wind, and she smiled when she spotted who it was. "Michael! Hi there! How was work?" She smiled at him and put her keys away. "It's alright, don't worry. At least you didn't actually run into me and knock me down." She laughed a little bit.

He grinned, scratching the back of his head and shrugging. "Oh work was fine. Kinda poor work place but I get to run a lot." He looked at her, the shop, then the sky, and then back to her. "You closed up? Mind if I walk you home? It's kinda dark out. Make up for that free bagel you gave me." he grinned and winked playfully.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Ginger Goods (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus