Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What's been up with you?

Sanne Moderator

So many topics, so little time! Moving out and health issues have been keeping me from RPR. :( Sadface.

BUT! Now that I'm settled in and health issues are done with, it's time to catch up. :D So tell me, what have you been doing, and how have you been liking it? Real life and roleplay. :3
Aearion (played anonymously)

*big hugs* I've been trying to shorten down an essay [2600 max.. got nearly 2700 <,< Woopsie], and RP wise? Aear's gaydar is crap, nuff said, haha.
Dragonfire Moderator

Trying to decide what my life direction is. Kinda thing I should've already had figured out, buuuuut~

Roleplay, though, nothing. Still in something of a funk, sadly. I know I should just make myself sit down and write something, but in the meantime there's Pokemon and Okamiden and other assorted distractions, so!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I've just finished a massive project that took over a year to complete, so pleased with that. Also started experimenting with comic creation. And finally, preparing for a trip in the next few weeks to visit some friends, can't wait :D

As far as RPing goes, not much although my Klingon character in Star Trek Online joined an RP group yesterday.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

@Senny: That's... so you. XD And gaydars are overrated anyway <_<

@Dragonfire: You can't force life decisions. If anyone tells you that you should've decided what to do with your life before you hit age X, then they're silly. Sometimes you just need a little longer to figure it out. :P

@darth_angelus: Wow! You must feel great! :D I don't finish a lot of things, but when I do... It's awesome. Whereabouts are you going on your trip?
Dragonfire Moderator

Hehe. You can't, sure, but when indecision plagues pretty much your every step, there comes a time when you have to figure out what the heck's going on, because things are unfulfilling and sponging off your significant other is unhappytimes for yourself. :P

And of course, when I say 'you', here, I mean 'I'.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I feel a weird combination of great, exhausted and ready to jump into the next thing.

And my trip is to LA, meeting up with friends who are involved with the same animation world.

Dragonfire, sounds like you're not too excited about the paths you have before you, perhaps you've not found something that's really you? All I can suggest, explore some new things, you never know what might suddenly grab your interest and make you realise that is what you want to do with your life.

Talking from experience there :)
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, that's what I'm trying to do, darth. I may have found something that works for me - unfortunately, getting there will require some other things that don't work quite so well, but hopefully I can find a way to deal with it in the meantime.

LA is huge and full of giant winding concrete highways. I'm not sure how anyone ever found their way around the various parts of it with only a map, in the days before GPS. :D Hopefully you'll have fun on that.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

In that case, I wish you luck! If it's something you really want to do, even if it's tricky to get to, go for it anyway! :)

And thanks, luckily my friends there know their way around so that shouldn't be a problem :)
Kim Site Admin

Dragonfire wrote:
Oh, that's what I'm trying to do, darth. I may have found something that works for me - unfortunately, getting there will require some other things that don't work quite so well, but hopefully I can find a way to deal with it in the meantime.

Boy oh boy, isn't that always the way of the world? But it's like that Jem song says, "And you'll see, 'cause if it's meant to be, nothing can compare to deserving your dreams." Most things worth having are also worth fighting for, hard. Whatever your dream is (unless it's to put babies on spikes?) we're all here to support you!

For myself, I've been recovering from one of the nastiest colds I've had in a long time. But I've also been on a semi-secret programming and designing bender. Hopefully I'll have slews of new stuff to release really soon. So excited!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You said it better :)

And your semi-secret programming isn't secret anymore ;)
Kim Site Admin

darth_angelus wrote:
You said it better :)

And your semi-secret programming isn't secret anymore ;)

Naw, it's never a secret that I am programming. I do it most waking hours of the day. It's what I'm programming. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You're programming that. See, I know what it is ;)
Kim Site Admin

Oh crap, you caught me!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Red handed!

Don't worry, I won't tell ;)
Perhaps I could bribe darth_angelus with one of those krispie treats everyone keeps talking about?

Otherwise I am starting to near the end of my retreat and soon I will be chained in my cubicle to approve or disapprove documents.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

If you want to bribe me, I'll accept a briefcase full of cookies :)
Very well, you do drive a hard bargain. Would you prefer macadamia, white chocolate, almond, butter pecan, peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar, or thumb print cookies?
Dragonfire Moderator

Haystacks. They're awesome, even if they can be made by first-graders.
Ilmarinen Moderator

My friend and I bought our first Warhammer fantasy minis. May Dio have mercy on our souls.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What's been up with you?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus