Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Loner With a Wild Side

Matrihan (played by Fruitloop999)

"But is it really murder if the guy's dead inside anyways?" Mat joked weakly. Seeing Nori's concerned face, he pushed himself up off the tree and dusted his hands off, "let's get out of here. It won't be long until that thing's up again," He looked to Blair, "do you know anyplace close that we could take shelter in?"
Nori-Vea (played by Mernaga) Topic Starter

Nori definitely agreed with Mat's idea of leaving, standing up as well. The further away they got from him, the better.
Blair Thornton (played anonymously)

Blair, exhaling smoke through her nostrils, stared at the ground intently for a few moments as she considered the different places they could hide. "Well, my house isn't too far away, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea..." She began, "I have a, erm, 'friend' that owns a hideout place a few miles out. We could stay there for a while. I don't know, anybody got a better idea?" She gave them both a shrug.

"...Can't be my place. Alpha knows I live there, and I really don't want to add my foster parents into this mess." Nori shook his head. "I have enough problems as it is."

"Yeah, and my place is pretty far from here. Not to mention Alpha's got a really good read on me and my scent and, believe it or not, the place I live in is smothered in that scent." Mat said, pointedly glancing at one of the wounds on his arm that, although bandaged, still gave off the nauseating smell of abnormal blood.

"Well, then it can be my place, right? I mean, I don't think he got a very good read on me or whatever. Plus, I smoke these all the time-" She held up her pack of cigarettes as she spoke, "-so that's gotta mess with my scent." A determined smile spread across her lips.

Nori nodded. "He didn't even notice you until right before I knocked him out." He glanced to Mat. "We'll need to rebandage you and trash those bandages once you start clotting, they're drenched in your scent."

Mat smiled, happy that they wouldn't be left to nature's wrath, "Alright! Lead the way then!"

Blair's smile turned into a grin. "Great! I'm assuming we'll be taking my car, because I refuse to leave my baby in that school parking lot." She proclaimed. With one hand holding her cigarette, the other pulled a set of keys from her jacket pocket.

"I don't have a car, or a license." Nori responded, moving to follow Blair. "I can't imagine aliens qualify to get a license, either."

Blair chuckled into the palm of her hand, turning on her heel and making her way towards the parking lot. "Fair point. I guess being a human does have it's perks." She chuckled again, twirling her keys around her finger.

"Way more perks than drawbacks, that's for sure." Nori told her. "Believe me."

Blair shook her head in response, but didn't try to argue. She figured that would be a better conversation for later. Once they reached the parking lot, she lead the way as she zig-zagged through the different cars. Finally, she stopped in front of her Benz, which still appeared to be brand new. She grinned at the sight, and used the button on her keys to unlock it. "Isn't she a beauty?" She sighed dreamily.

"...It's a car, I guess." Nori responded. He never really understood the fascination people had with cars... Never really paid attention.
He climbed in and settled into one of the seats before closing his eyes.

She scoffed at him, eyes gone wide with a look of betrayal. "Seriously?" She asked incredulously. She rushed over to the driver's seat, and pulled herself in.
"You can't just dismiss her like that! She's the coolest thing ever!" Blair whined, going so far as to even pull a mock pout on Nori. Still, the slight twitch at the corners of her lips gave away that she was joking.

"...I guess? It kinda looks like every other car... it's not as beat up though." He didn't even open his eyes as he responded to her.

"She is pretty sleek," Mat complimented, wary due to his lack of trust or skill around technology. He cautiously climbed into one of the back seats, careful not to bang his head against the doorframe.

"Oh," She drawled at Nori, "you're no fun." Then, upon hearing his compliment, Blair turned to Mat with a bright smile on her lips. "Thanks! See? He knows what's good."
With that, she put the keys into the ignition, and with a twist the engine roared to life. She couldn't help but admire the purr it made for a second before pulling out of the spot, and exiting the parking lot.

"It's very relieving that the alien knows more about modern earth technology than I do." He commented. "Makes me feel very accomplished."

Blair let her finished cigarette drop out the car window. "Especially since he has good taste." She added with a smirk. Her foot pressed harder against the gas, accelerating the car as they drove down the road.
A few turns later, and they were moving down a winding road of bright green lawns and large, intricate houses. Just a little after that, she pulled into an empty driveway, staring up at the three-story house with a frown. "Alright, we have arrived."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Loner With a Wild Side

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus