Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » o hAy tHaR

Tyr

Wouldn't it be awful if I was actually like that?

Hello, I'm Tyr. I'm pretty new to RP in general, but I like to think I'm a decent writer. I've been bored for awhile, so I figured I'd pick up something new. After spending awhile browsing various websites and forums, I think RP Repository will be a great place for me to try it out. If there's anything I should be doing, either site-specific customs or general RP etiquette (I've got a decent basis, but minimal experience), please let me know. I'm new to all this, so please bear with me as I learn. Looking forward to getting to know you and having a little fun. :)
Sanne Moderator

We already met in chat, but welcome Tyr! ;) It's good to have some fresh mea- I mean, new faces on the site.

What kind of writing have you done? Witness started out as 'just a writer' on the site as well and is quite the amazing roleplayer himself. :)

As far as RP etiquette and such goes, it's widely varied among the players. There are different styles and different types of roleplay. The key to most interaction is, when in doubt, ask. And even if you think you're sure, it never hurts to ask again. ;) I started a group for newbie roleplayers to get them started, and while our ways are not the only ones, it might help you get started either way: http://www.rprepository.com/g/rpschool
Witness

Welcome to the site, Tyr! :) As Sanne has so...flatteringly...stated, a fair number of writers get started on here. I'm certainly of the opinion that my characters have come out for the better, and considerably so, since I started RPing as them. If you're interested in any of my characters, just give a holler, and otherwise, if you've something in mind for a RP, you can always post in the "RP Discussion" forum and see if there are any takers. Glad to have you on the site, and I look forward to seeing how your characters pan out! <g>
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR!
Hello Tyr!

I'm also a writer-turned-roleplayer, having written several stories. I found that RPR has helped a lot to actually throw my characters into various situations--and I've definitely learned a lot about them in the process.

The community here is fantastic and friendly, and if you're ever interested in RP-ing with someone, feel free to PM (private message) them. Also, come hang out in chat. I haven't been on as often, but I'll try to make a point of hanging around.

Welcome to the club! (There's also the RP Discussion thread you may wanna check out in terms of starting/finding an RP.)
Kim Site Admin

Hello Tyr! You'll be quite successful here with a spirit of learning like that. :) Come join us in the chat some day soon. You can find it by clicking the "Come chat with us" button you'll find on the home page while logged in. :)
Ash (played by Minerva)

Saw Tyr, couldn't resist replying as Odin. Hah. The site has already divulged some of it's very friendly, helpful community so I just wanted to add in my hello and welcome. I'm another writer, myself. :) Maybe we can play something. If any of my characters appeal to you, send me a PM!
Tyr Topic Starter

Thank you all for your help and welcomes!

To answer a few of your questions, I'm more of a persuasive writer than a storyteller. I took courses in High School that emphasized essay writing and have used the skill for mostly political reasons in various other games; things like treaties, doctrine, philosophy, history and other various essays. Other than that, I have written some character backgrounds/minor stories and lore for a Minecraft server I play off and on. I'm also playing a browser-based Star Wars game and have done some minor RPing there, but that's the extent of my role playing/storytelling experience. I had a lot of fun with it and look forward to trying it again!

I've joined the RP School group and have found it a great resource. Thank you, Sanne, for the invite! I'll be creating a character or two over the coming days (going to try to have one done tonight, but no promises!) and then I'll see about joining an RP.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. :)

Edit (posted without seeing the most recent reply): Aha! Happy to see you understood the reference. I'll definitely give them a look after I've finished some of my own. :)
Ash (played by Minerva)

Oh, I'm a mytho NUT. I also have a Loki and a Freyja. Ten cookie points if you pick them out of my list. Oh, and a Jormungand equivalent. :)
What? Tyr!? *tosses her hat into the mix* Welcome to the site! :) Hope you have a lot of fun here, if you'd like to rp with me sometime just send me a PM!

Love the user name ^_^
Luci (played by Minerva)

My other favorite Loki! *glomp*

You are on: Forums » Introductions » o hAy tHaR

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus