Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The City Of Magic

"Thanks for the offer but I'll walk around on my own time." He turned with a wave and started off. "Bye, Mister."
Nicky (played by emilyn8522)

"I'm Nicky by the way, and you are?"
Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

"Lupus Shadows, god of retribution."

He spoke bluntly, standing and holding out a hand.

She took his hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you."
While Nicky and Lupus were talking, Chris was occupied at the reception desk, as it was finally his turn to get a room. The receptionist suggested a free room, Chris agreed, he paid the price and got the room key in return. While that was happening, he was listening to Nicky and Lupus' conversation with half an ear, getting about half of the things that were said.
When Chris was done, he turned back around to the two to join back in, and that was the first time he got a good look at Lupus, the red eyes intimidating him.
"Woah! Uh, woah... You look..." 'I would like to say kinda scary, but...' "...uh... unique. Where are you from? I'm Chris, by the way, in case you didn't get my name yet."
'Phew, saved that one... I hope...' Chris thought to himself.
Miles zipped into the Hotels receptionists desk and started to sell the last of his paper route to them. "Finally off at last!" He said with an expression of happiness. Miles walked into the lounge area and got a drink from a vending machine using a shmeckel.(I hope someone catches that reference) He bought a slurm soda and sat down taking out a sketch pad out for....well sketching. He saw a strange man staring at him with an object in hand this made Miles extremely uncomfortable; so he got up and walked away he tried to see if the man would follow him,Then 'SMACK' he walked into him. "He teleports great" Miles thought to himself. He walked towards some strangers (Nicky,Lupus,and Chris) He walked into the group making it look like they were his friends "Hey guys what's up." He said trying to blend in he whispered "please just play along my life may be in danger.." he was hoping these strangers had it in their hearts to help a stranger in need.
Well, this certainly came unexpected! Some random guy just coming into the group trying to camouflage himself! Then again, they all just met, so he wasn't really THAT out of place. And as kind of a hero, Chris kinda felt obligated to help out, especially since he could relate to the newbie to some degree.
So Chris put on a nice face and acted like he knew the guy: "Hey! What's up..." 'Darn, what's his name!?' "...Joe!" He quickly scanned the guy and noticed his paper delivery bag. "How is the delivery business going, pal?"

Nicky paid for a room and turned around to see the group had became bigger
"So many people..."
Nicky was starting to get claustrophobic. She saw that the boy had some newspapers, and of course they just had to put her on the font page as "Killer on the loose."
"Crap..."
She was pretty sure everyone has saw the picture and read the title, so she began to slowly back away.

(is anyone on????)

Before Lupus could reply to either of them, yet another join the conversation. Upon hearing his situation, the deity raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Old Friend, What brings you to this part of town?"

Lupus was fine with playing along with the rouse, as he honestly didn't want to tell anyone where his was from. It was a place of myth and Legend to most, but those that believed it was real, and even visited it thought it to be an evil place.
"Uh...it's me Miles..how are you Jill,Tom,and Kevin...rough day today huh?" Miles was keeping it cool acting natural...he was starting to shake out of nervousness and sweat.
"Right, Miles!" Chris smiled sheepishly "Sorry, got you confused with my other friend Joe. He looks a lot like you..."
Since he didn't know who Miles was hiding from, he decided to keep up the act until Miles said it was safe to drop it.
"Anyway, yeah, it's been a rough day. I had to call a lot of people and pretty much rearrange my entire life schedule. Today has been a whirlwind, to put it lightly."
Chris took a second look at the few newspapers that were remaining in Miles' bag. Something about the front page was strange... The girl in the picture of the article "Killer on the loose" seemed strangely familiar, like he had seen her just recently...
He looked back at Nicky, who was slowly backing away, then back at the article, then back and forth again. Was she...? No, it couldn't be. She seemed so nice, she couldn't actually be a killer... right? Nonetheless, Nicky backing away now was far too suspicious to ignore. Chris had to confirm this when the act for Miles was over. But for now...
"Hey, where do you think you're going? We're having such a nice conversation here, don't just walk out on us! Come here next to me, don't be shy!"
Miles got a peak at what was behind him, nothing the strange man was gone. A great release of anxiety and nausea was all Miles good think about. "Thank you so much he's gone...whew" Miles noticed Nicky be a bit suspicious....she did look awful familiar....BAM!!! It hit Miles like a brick she was the killer!!! He was going to yell but feared that he too would become a victim to this killer, why wasn't it so obvious before maybe the nausea and anxiety scrambled his brain a little bit

Lupus couldn't help but look around the room for whatever Miles was nervious about, compleatly ignoring the newpapers in his bags. When he found nothing, his red eyes returned to the group, seeing everyone was now acting strangely. All he did was twitch his long golden tail in confustion, as he had not heard of this 'killer.'

Nicky stopped. She knew that if she stayed even a bit longer, the thing inside her would recognize their fear and attack. She hated be possessed by it and seeing innocent people die. She took a deep breath and looked back at them.
"No, I really ought to get to my room, It's been a really tiresome day."
*Miles started to reach for his cellphone* "uh yeah of course go on a head." He realized what was watching him or wasn't watching him at all....it was the Justice Ministry keeping an eye on Nicky so they can bust her. Miles was getting a teleportation spell ready just in case he would be attacked

Nicky spotted some more people watching. Fear shone in her eyes and her heart rate quickly picked up. 'I gotta get out of here now, before anyone gets hurt,' she thought to herself.
"I gotta go now...bye."
She quickly darted for the door.
nothing important (played by TheRealRedHood)

"Hey stop her now!!!" Screamed a Ministry officer. He pulled out a destabilizer that would cancel any magical beings under a level 7 in witchcraft. (Oh yeah this is a throw away character so,kill him or something?) Many trained combat officers lined up at the door casting a giant ward that would block perpetrators from exiting...
(Destabilizer: a small pocket gun that shoots a pulse into a magic users Aura and partially shuts down the perpetrators gene of magic for 24 hours, If used more than three times on a single persons throughout a small period of time, getting into a persons genes and splicing it; possibly killing the perp.
That went in an entirely different direction than Chris thought. He had planned to talk the whole thing out with Nicky, but instead the situation had escalated, and fast!
The Ministry Officers blocked the exits for Nicky, leaving her with no normal way of escape. Guess that confirmed her identity as the killer from the newspaper.
Still... something within Chris told him that he couldn't just stand by and watch Nicky being arrested, even if she was a killer. He thought back to Nicky's behavior so far: She was supposedly a murderous girl, yet she backed away when her identity was revealed, meaning that maybe she didn't want to hurt anyone on purpose and therefore wanted to escape before she would kill anyone around here. That, in turn, meant that she had the will to fight her murderous instincts - or whatever caused her to murder the people she did so far - meaning she wasn't a monster beyond redemption.
"I bet they're just gonna send some magic users into Haven just to sniff me out and bring me back to that hell hole."
No, if there was still hope for Nicky, Chris couldn't let her get captured without a fight! This was Haven, a place where magical beings like Chris, Miles, Lupus and even Nicky could find refuge, so he had to step in!
"Hey, back up from her!" Chris put himself protectively in front of Nicky. "There's no need to harm this girl or take her in! Remember where we are here! If you have doubts about this place being safe with her being on the loose on her own, I'll gladly offer to look after her, with her permission of course. I may just have met Nicky, and I might even be a bit afraid that she could go on a killing spree or something at any moment, but I trust her to be a good person somewhere deep inside. So if you want to apprehend her, you'll first have to go through me!"
Chris had his Iolite Amulet at the ready, in case it became necessary to transform.
'Oh man, what the heck am I doing...!?'

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The City Of Magic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus