Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Fan films!

Would it be ok to use the home page screen with all of the mascots before you login? Like just the screen not to use them in the movie just like that page.
Kim Site Admin

Animewithin wrote:
Would it be ok to use the home page screen with all of the mascots before you login? Like just the screen not to use them in the movie just like that page.

I am fine with this. :)
Darth_Angelus wrote:
Just two weeks to go on this fanfilm contest, how are your entries coming along?

We're almost at 2 mins, half way through putting the film all together, and I've got a cold. We're aiming for five minutes total, but we may end up with about seven, if we include the credits in that as well. It could jump to eight if we add a scene that was cut, but we're thinking of making a seperate blooper reel of our voice acting and the cut scene with the monks if we don't add it in. We've only one instance of someone saying 'shit' in the entire film and otherwise our parody is going rather well.
Kim Site Admin

One film requested access to the official RPR map, so I'm making it available for everyone:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mepsvjulwkacom/rpr-map-2017.jpg?dl=0
TinyCentaur

-Not doing an entry for this but-

Sanne's cat sanctuary is canon? That's the best thing I've heard all day! <3
Would it be possible to ask for some good examples of how to credit sound effects/songs etc in video for credits? Should we follow the Hollywood standard when it comes to end-of-film credits?
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Mori wrote:
Would it be possible to ask for some good examples of how to credit sound effects/songs etc in video for credits? Should we follow the Hollywood standard when it comes to end-of-film credits?

You don't have to follow Hollywood standard for credits unless you want to. Sometimes it's fun to try something creative.

For sound effects, you can list each sound and the person who created it, for example:
Quote:
Explosion 2 - Darth Angelus
Furious Coding - Kim

Or if you use a lot of sound effects from someone, it might be better just to list their names.
Quote:
Sound Effects
Darth Angelus * Kim * Sound Person 1 * Another sound person

With music, include the song title and the composer. If you're using music from a site like incompetech.com, they actually specify how they wish to be credited, in which case always go with that. I've posted his below.
Quote:
Title Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Congratulations on being the first entry submitted :D
ah hello! so i have some voice acting experience, if anyone needs a voice actress for their film feel free to lemme know!
Sanne Moderator

Mori wrote:
(...)

I'm SO excited, thank you for all your hard work Mori and Bonebag!! This was so much fun to do! <3 <3

Congratulations on finishing your film! :D

For everyone else, today is the last day to enter the contest, you have until midnight PST to submit :)

This contest closed last night and what a thrill it is to be able to say we have two excellent RPR fan films!

It's the first time we've ever held a fan film contest and I'm extremely proud to once again see creative members of our community working together.

We set out to give prizes to the top three films, since we only received two, that means both won. However, you can see that a lot of work went into creating them, so be sure to check them out below! :D

Congratulations and well done to both teams!

I will be contacting both teams shortly regarding prizes.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL EW 2017 contest: Fan films!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus