Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Welcome To Eris

Ira Lee (played by KhaeosMage)

Ir-Spes raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms in a defensiveinsecure gesture. "Surely I don't look that different?" she said, eyes furrowing in an unreadable expression...

In a familiar voice.

"I haven't really changed any of my armor, except I took off the shoulder pads and my mask so I think my movement should be at least a little easier," she rambled, rocking on her heels a little self-consiously. "And I guess you were too busy to realize that I changed my name yesterday, so it's not that dumb same-class-name handle and my sister could finally stop bugging me about having no creativity and... uh," she flushed, jaw shutting with a soft 'click.'

"Yeah. Well. Here I am. Ready for Mayhem Week. At my sister's request. And. No party." She frowned then, giving G30 a questioning look. "It's my understanding that working with a team leads to a better chance of survival. And... you're kind of one of the very few that hasn't killed me yet? So-" she placed her hands on her hips, leaning on one leg.

"Mind if we team up?"
G30 (played by coke_monster)

G30 visibly froze for a split second as surprise seized him. He then immediately leaned back, resting flat against the roof as to hide a wide smile from the player below. His dangling feet swayed like an excited dog's, though. "Pffft... how am I supposed to memorize how you move? I ain't your stalker. I thought you were some side-chick of that mechanic in there."

Most of the sudden glee subsided. G30 raised to a sit position before kicking off and landing on the battle stained stone below. He did so without any sort of rolling manuever, a feat not reccomended for those parkour enthusiasts who are wanting to keep their kneecaps.
"Eh, but sure. Why not." He said with utmost flippancy. "We're still going to die super hard just the two of us, but having a scapegoat might come in handy for me. Should the need arise."
Nano (played by robinnrose)

The machinery clank and clink. The computers were running. Machinery were grabbing parts and putting them together. Silent appeared in the room, he came here to check up on the machinery and other things that needed to be mantain. Since there was no notification of any damage or trespassing other than the people in the room, he didn't get on till now. "Afternoon" was all he said before heading to his workstation and prepared the last touches of the weaponry. The design looked like a sniper rifle with a rather large power core.
Cheshire (played by Sp8ders) Topic Starter

Cheshire swung between the buildings, her body skillfully acrobatically twisting and turning in mid air, aiming for the next grapple and woosh, off she goes. Like low budget spider man she flies through Oasis, her active cameo on to hide her presence from other players occasionally stopping to help out the low level players who are cornered by some higher leveled punks. Nothing like a nice aimed shot from nowhere to reinstate her existence as the Cheshire Cat.

After what seemed like what took forever (and probably half her playlist) Cheshire rounded the corner of a building and did an acrobatic back flip in the air, doing the eagle pose (Think Assassin's Creed when they do the leap of faith) and landed in the iconic "superhero pose" with a bit of cape flare for extra style points. Securing the rifle on her pack she smiled at herself. The current song from her playlist that could easily be heard even without the headphones, the song was some sort of dubstep song called Whatcha Gonna Do About It.

"Damn, wish I had that on camera. Would of been amazin."

Shaking her head, she approached the door to Silent's place, walking past Spes and G30. She knocked with the metal arm, which reverberated off the echo streets that surrounded them.

"Silent?! Hellooooooo? My gun ready yet? I kinda need it for the big raid boss that should be appearin REALLY soon, so you know."

Spes rolled her eyes. Honestly... why do-did I bother to-

The sudden appearance of Cheshire broke her out of the beginnings of a mental rant, eyes visibly widening in alarm as she automatically shifted to a ready stance. When the newly appeared assassin did nothing but walk up to Silent's door and ask about her weapon, she relaxed her stance- though she was still a little wary.

"That just means we'll need more people," she said, mind calculating the chances of a rejection from the assassin to join their party. It was... unfortunately high.

She took a page from her sister's book and extended an invitation anyway. Nothing to lose.

"Speaking of which... Cheshire," she called out, making sure that her tone of voice was as neutral as she could make it. Her shoulders tensed. "Would you like to work together with us during Mayhem Week?"

He didn't answer back at her till after a bit 10 minutes later. The machinery gently took the sniper rifle off itself and handed it off to the side. He took the sniper rifle to look at it before handing it off to Chesire, "Three forms. Laser sight from the barrel. Laser blaster. Then overloaded laser blaster. The third form is as requested by you. The other two forms are by ease of use. The rifle is lightweight. The sites can be adjusted through use on the sides of the scope. Computer utilized. Rarely fries by EMP or electricity. Just remember to charge it. There should be a bar on the side, noting how much charge is left. You can probably fire off 3 overloaded ones before it needs a recharge. Additional power core can be boughtbut I would require time to build a new one. $12,000,000 for the weapon. $7,000,000 for the power core and $5,000,000 for each power core after that. Priority plan. Total would add up $24,000,000. I do not mind accepting real money."

That was all he said before Nano popped in, "Yahoo yahoo! Time for mayhem week! Everyone let's party up to get that prize okay!?"

"Uhhhhhhhhh," G30 droned, utterly paralyzed by the figures being thrown around by the stolid Silent. The mechanic clearly had transactions on this level regularly, else there would be some excitement in receiving a small fortune for a task which took less than a night to complete. What's more was the invite from Nano displaying in a fat, cheery font on his heads-up-display. He managed to find words despite his composure cracking just a tad from such unexpected circumstances.

"You're lumping us in with your party as well? Two strangers picked up off the side of the road? That easy? Huh..." He wagged his head in disapproval, unconsciously wishing they had better judgement. "Oh boy. Well, if you insist, I'd be happy to involve myself with you lot for a while longer. What's the plan here? I'd say with these preparations," He clanged a fist hard on the steel plates that made up the walls of the shop. "You two were planning on holdin' up here all week. Score a few kills while the world collapsed around ya. But with the inclusion of the Killer over here... we're going BIG, ain't we?"

As she payed for the cost of her gun (Jesus Silent is going to make her broke as it is.) She turned her head slightly to almost stare at the three of them. Then weighed her options for the big raid boss.

Option 1: She goes by herself, and probably get slaughtered for her mishaps, which will result in her missing the entire event and someone else getting the damned alien tech. Yeah, no this is the worst option between her choices.

Option 2: She could either hire, or get hired by a group of players to take down the raid boss, but then again she would have never seen those losers in combat, and probably don't know the concepts of a team effort (and while she does outcast herself, she knows how to work with a team of players). Plus, they'll probably kill her the first chance they get in the midst of combat. Sooooo, no.

Option 3: Join this band of happy go lucky band of players and actually stand somewhat a chance. Especially with the class line up, they may actually have a chance of winning, granted she'll have do some heavy carrying to keep the DPS ratio high enough to kill the monster (and presuming that it is indeed as big as they say they'll need a lot of damage.) Her death risk is also sincerly low with this option, since most of them see her as some sort of idol or potential customer so.

Cheshire turned on her heels and looked at Spes, then Nano before sighing softly and shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, it's not like I have much a choice on this, because I for one want that sweet alien tech, but I'm going to tell you something and we are going to be extremely clear on this. What I say, goes, if I tell you to do something don't question me. Nano and I are obviously the combat experienced veterans in this game, while you two are noobs. So you even dare uttering a simple MUMBLE about what I said, I will personally feed you to the beast in question. Alright? Great. Nano, send the group invite. Silent, your gun has been paid."

Which suddenly reminded her. She needed to rename the gun, because the current name was BOOOOOORING.

PLEASE ENTER NEW NAME
"Jabberwocky"
IS THIS THE NAME YOU WISH TO USE?
YES
WEAPON RENAMED TO "JABBERWOCKY"

Nano sent the group invite. After everything was discussed, the small group got into the RV van to drive to the event location. On the way there, there were some firefights against the RV but the RV just sped right through. Halfway through the drive, they picked up Alex on the way because it was someone Nano knew from the stream(unless you want to change it). Might as well. More people the better. The RV stopped at the event location.

"Well well! Let's see that little beast come forth!" she said as she was already wearing her exo-skeleton suit with a really techy helmet with optics and computing systems. Silent was silently packing his things. The kimono on the clothes rack was missing, probably in his inventory. He was counting ammo and packing various of weapons. Apparently he was also taking with him a portable weapon rack and ammo dump.
Alex Selene grey (played by Raider-jack29)

Ok so wicked wasn't the biggest fan of groups, he was more of a solo player than anything else.
And now he was stuck somewhere between a techy and a serial killer that he's pretty sure he robbed earlier today. But that's not a conversation to have with her in close quarters.

For a matter of months now he had, when he was offline himself, listening to and watching this random guys stream. Occasionally posting a troll comment as well under many different names and addresses so he couldn't be tracked as well.

So imagine his confusion when he finds himself LITERALLY picked up off the side of the road by this nut job. Then forced to do a team mission!

Spes stared blankly at the newest member of their little party, somewhat confused at his presence.

"... Uh... so, how does Nano know you again...?" She rubbed the back of her neck, picking at the pens that were holding her hair up with a light huff.

Was it really wise to just... pick someone off the road like that? What if they tried to backstab you for greater rewards? I mean, she didn't really know the others very well but they've fought together before so she could somewhat trust them, at least a little.

But...

This guy just...

Aaand the streamer with her buddy was apparently not concerned. Obviously. Because they were powerful and famous. Duh.

Lucky, amirite.

The usually laxed deamenor of the boyish automaton was completely undisturbed by the prescense of yet another stranger on the strange bus filled with the estranged. Undisturbed all save for hooked brows betraying his confusion. Though his eyes were hidden it was blatant he was eyeing the new one with just as much intensity as Spes.
Slim dude. Gaussy garb pitched black as was the fashion of late. White hair. Just a simple cosmetic choice. No, what caused him were the feline ears twitching every so often atop that white hair. They were authentic rather than being some fancy headphones.

"The dude's a Chimera." G30 said calmly, dawning his expositional tone. "Spaz, you might remember seeing that option for race at the character creator. They're ingame lore goes something like they were bio-engineered to have enhanced physical abilities. Most are faster, stronger. Different genus possess unique quirks to give them an edge, at the cost of being unable to be fitted with cyber enhancements developed for human compatibility."

He cupped his chin in one gloved palm. "Which begs the question. The hell's a Chimera player doing in Oasis, the mother of all Tech hubs? Don't tell me the Chimera community is actually coming over here to knab loot. They should know the guilds 'round here ain't gonna be happy with that."
Alex Selene grey (played by Raider-jack29)

"You'd be suprised to know that I dear friends am an old friend, of sorts. In that I often visit their stream when I myself am offline. To be more direct I must say that no, I and a few others are the only ones encroaching upon this territory. We take mostly what we need and sell it to lower level players at a lower cost. We take from those who have no need and give to those who do in a respect."
He spoke with a soft tone , OK so he knew at least one of these people, now that he knows who that person is anyway.

"We take old items, new items, or those some just don't use, and resell them at a lower price for convenience."

(Decided to post because I was board)

"Encroaching upon? Who talks like that?" G30 said. As he spoke, he fiddled with his hud to scour recent global chatter. It was absolutely bloated with memes and inflammatory statements, to put it lightly. It made finding any word on a Chimera clique robbing shops impossible to pick out among the bog standard pillaging occurring. He'd have to look into it and warn his favorite joints later.

"But anyways... so, black market thievery, huh? You lot must be the ones responsible for all the new accounts running around with the good stuff barely off the production lines. Not the worst way to get your kicks, sounds fun even." G30 relaxed considerably, splaying out on his seat as though it were his home. "Although, I hope that all ain't for charity. New people like Spaz here blow their starting funds on that fancy stuff, pick fights they shouldn't, and usually end up dead because they don't know how to reload."

While G30 and Wicked had their conversation, Cheshire sat back in her chair, her HUD visor resting gently upon her forehead, her attire was the signature CHESHIRE COMBAT ATTIRE cloak and all. The hood was down currently. Her metallic hand was gently placed on the Red Queen that gingerly stayed on her lap, the biological hand was holding it up slightly, obviously she was in mid tempering with it to ensure everything was in proper order. Her eyes scanned over to Spes, whom was thinking exactly what she was thinking, and G30 saying what they are thinking.

A Chimera, aboard this RV. Let alone someone whom is an obvious thief, a burgular.

Cheshire simply scoffed at the cat like person and spoke in a lone, dangerous tone. One reserved for those whom are on the bussniess end of her Red Queen.

"Listen, I don't care who you are or what you're doin darlin to save your self. But you even THINK on betraying me or the rest of this group. I will personally ensure you, you'll wish the 3 day lock out will save you from my wrath. Am I understood?"

She cocked the rifle to exclaim her point, she didn't trust this newbie not to either A: Screw things up or B: attempt to kill either herself, Silent, or Nano due to them being high priority targets. Then there's the fact there are technically two lower levels with them whom would be easy kills, and if what the forums are saying about this fight are true. They'll need their skills.

Spes slowly turned to glare at G30, silently fuming.

"Excuse me?" she said, dangerously low. She looked like she was about to pounce him- and not in the fun way.

"First of all, I am NO 'spaz' and I don't appreciate being called an incompetant bozo. Secondly, for the last time, I didn't pick my stuff, it was my sister, though I believe she had good taste and was able to anticipate how I would fight for this game so I won't get killed right on the spot," she ranted, clenching and unclenching her fists as she edged closer and closer in order to loom over the other player.

"And thirdly- I do NOT pick unecessary fights!!! What makes you think that I am incapable of discerning battles that are impossible to win, or of diffusing such situations without the cost of life?! I am NOT hopeless!" she hissed, tone frustrated and just pretty tired in general.

"You keep picking on me! Why!" she demanded. She didn't notice Cheshire threatening the newcomer, or of the RV stopping. All of her focus was on G30, and his sprawl and drawl and uugh-

Silent sighed as he thought to himself Let's get this over with..., "Will you keep it down? The show is about to start. Check your equipment" he said as he went to the back to pick out some heavy weaponry and store it into inventory.

G30 snickered. It started low at the beginning of the rouge's rant. That perched smile he adorned widened a bit as she really got going. But... as her clenching fists began alerting his hud's sensors of possible annihilation, the amusement waned. And by the time she got to her last statements, he was dead silent. He still had that smile, but it was more a facade to hopefully show he wasn't regretful of just how much he'd stirred the girl.

Looks like I've found the limit. Noted.

"Jeez." He averted his gaze to a window and the rolling greenery to avoid his uncomfortably close soon to be murderer-ess. "Chill out, I'm just poking fun. Man... you're not an incompetent bozo, all right? I'm was talkin' in broad strokes. Not all expert players are elitists, not all newbies are floundering idiots... Y-you get it."

He gestured to the other members, and likely didn't find much support before Silent shut the situation down for the most part. The sudden tension gave him some familiar vibes he wasn't too pleased to be feeling on what was supposed to be leisure time.

"Guess I'm the a$$h3l3 of the group." The ingame censors blurred the obvious word. He quieted then and went to fiddling with his hud as he ought to do. Various swords, spears, and bladeless handles cycled in front of him. His shield caught them as they fell, some times rotating them around for him to examine. That particular action was very noticeably pointless as the stats of the weapon were displayed in menu, but he needed something to distract himself until they reached the raid.

Spe- no, Ira lurched back, face twisting into a briefly shocked expression before it momentarily shut down into a silently horrified face. Ira, not Spes, because, please, only Ira could mess up so bad, Ira, the pessimistic killjoy, Ira the orphan a$$h@l& Ira the illegitamate-

"Sorry," she blurted out, leaning backwards, elbows straining from the sudden weight- all anger drained from her very being, until the awkward, no-good player was in the place of the angry bastard she was and still is. "I- I just- I'm not-" she let out unintelligible noises of frustrated remorse... before she slumped.

"... I'm such a £&€¥ up..."

She turned around, opening her menu and absently picking through her weapons- pistol, pens- head down and hands firmly on her laptokeepthemfromtrembling.

Gods, she was so stupid. He'll never want to see her again. Then again, who would?

Cheshire looked over at the rest of the group, everyone getting up. Of course, the one whom caught her attention was Spes. Last thing she needed was an emotional liability during the boss battle. Gently she leaned over and gently oh so gently poked a clawed metal finger against Spes' cheek.

"Oi, don't be falling apart here darlin. You got some major @$$ kickin to do. You aint half bad in a sticky situation. I mean- I rewatched some streamer's vid includin some that was near you and I saw you fire a rocket launcher at a group of enemies. You missed obviously, but you helped me out of my own sticky situation. I was pinned down and next thing I know they all went BOOM!"

She threw her hands up briefly to emphasis her story. Settling down for a second before smiling.

"You're gonna do great kid, don't loose faith."

She gave a brief sympathetic smile before looking to the others and clapping her metal hand against the biological one.

"Alright listen up idiots. We only got one shot with this! So we're gonna need a game plan. Thankfully for ya'll you have a few master players among you. Nano, Silent, and myself. So, here's what I was thinkin. We currently have an assortment of players our DPS which are Spes, Wicked, and myself. Our Tanks, G30, and Nano, then our support Silent. So, since us three DPS have some skill in stealth. We should take to hiding while our primary tank Nano keeps the beast distracted. I will use one of my Sniper Skills to find all the crit points for Spes and Wicked to hit. Hit and run, don't stay in one point! G30, you're our last line of defense if Nano falls, take her place..... I just realized, OI! SILENT! WE'RE GONNA NEED SOME UPGRADES FOR THESE IDIOTS!"

She pointed at them with a tired look in her eyes.

"I'lll pay for all costs of course, it doesn't have to be anythin special like the Jabberwocky but just something better then what they got now. They'll die instantly if they go out with that."

With that being said she returned back to her previous topic at hand, the plan.

"Anyways, where was I? Oh right. Yeah, G30 you're to take over when Nano falls, till then keep Silent safe. If he falls, we all fall. Silent.... You already know you're job so I ain't even gonna bother."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Welcome To Eris

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus