Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Welcome To Eris

Ira Lee (played by KhaeosMage)

Ira tensed up, turning sharply with a surprised curse. Focusing on her screen, she could see the pings the fight was causing.

Player on player, huh? She pursed her lips. She... really had no idea what that meant for her. Would it hurt as much as the real thing if they were attacked by another player? Were all actions in battle due to the imagination, constrained by in-game physics? Was she sleepwalking... er... fighting right now?

She should really stop thinking about this $#!%. She made a mental note to actually get some sleep before playing this game next time...

"Have a plan?" she asked, voice raised over the roar of the engines. "We gonna just barge in there, or throw a little strategy in this?"
G30 (played by coke_monster)

"Get up close and end it fast." G30 said. He ducked under a branch, and then promptly face hugged another before his Bee Shield had time to react. It broke into approximately a million splinters, but it still hurt like hell given he had the pain simulator option on. "Oww! God... by the way, I have no idea who's fighting, so I'll let you pick. Best to focus on defeating one faction first, even if we end up attacking both. I'll back you up which ever party you strike first."
The two weaved through the dense thicket untouched by man. Natural ramps and ravines made for a bumpy ride, but eventually their arrival was imminent. He glanced back one more time before they broke the thicket and emerged to a plain of long grass.

"Man, this is sooo like I'm a tutorial companion giving you a moral choice, ain't it? Like some old Telltale game or something. Thankfully, this choice will actually lead to real consequences." He had a bright smile when he gave a last glance behind him. "We'll probs get our asses kicked."

And with that, he hit the brake suddenly, allowing Ira to be the first to speed into the fray.

"I've got your back! Just stab something and keep moving!"
DARKNESS (played anonymously)

"Nyehhehehehaeeeh!" The gunner giggled as the explosion rocked the very earth underneath him. The vehicle would collapse, its inhabitants spill forth in fear and panic, and he'd pick them off one by one until...
Huh.
Not only did the RV not fly into a shower of metallic fire upon the decaying asphalt, it held nary a scratch on its heavy exterior. The only evidence an explosion had occurred at all were the black streaks staining its broad chassis. It was as if their opening volley had the effectiveness of a few rocks scratching up the paint.
The vehicle did stop at the least, but now he was unsure if he wanted it too at all. He'd later know that initial worry had almost saved him the coming humiliation. At the present time, he was just pissed to all hell.

"The hell! Kenny, hit em again!" He called. Kenith shrugged at Reaps. She was too focused on the girl strutting towards them. Yourmomsbf followed her gaze, jaw dropping at the idiocy on display. It was almost too good.

"Well boss? Should I hit em aga-" Kenith didn't make that last word out. Yourmomsbf had gore turned on. Who wouldn't? When you play a hardcore shooter on the daily like he does, you'd have to be a wuss not to revel in the next-gen blood graphics. However, when he saw Kenith's skull seemingly implode instantaneously, he felt the need to hurl despite their being no food physics in the game to expel. The remnants of their lead tanker fell limply next to him just outside of the long grass cover.
Anger turned to fear.
Reaps remained crouched low as her voice came with wavered enthusiasm. "A-abort. That had to have been a sniper. This was a trap. Everyone stay low and make a break for-"
Fear turned back into anger. No body beats back darkness. Nobody makes DARKNESS afraid. Yourmomsbf was the best gunner in this game. He wasn't a stupid kid anymore going to get mowed down. HE WAS GOING TO DO THE MOWING!
"COME GET SOOOOOME!" The gunner popped out of cover and rushed the confident girl- or he should he say- confident victim. He sprayed in a wild burst, relying on his SteadyAim perk to do just as the name implied. To his right, Killkillkill the slayer joined him giving his own wicked battle cry. Buds in arms, they charged.

Somewhere behind him, Reaps groaned. Also, what sounded like a quad bike roared from the forest.

Ira's eyes narrowed. Right.

No time to waste.

She brought up the livestream and quickly rewinded, right before the explosion that prompted their vehicle to stop.

Ambushed...

She gritted her teeth, fast forwarding the livestream video and- oh, a sniper- and-

Huh. A gunner leapt out, maniacal glee on his face as he fired a splay of bullets at the girl she recognized as one of the streamers. Another player, armed to the teeth with blades, rushed out as well.

She didn't like the feel of them. They were- out of it, too crazed. Her feelings were usually right about this sort of thing, and right now she wasn't liking their vibes.

She trusted her gut on this one.

She sped up exponentially, bursting out of the forest with a motor roar. For a split second she calculated when he'd take a tick to reload, and when the other one would leap forward. She took out two Pens-

She drove between the two males and the female player, throwing her Pens and-

Bull's eye. One Pen, stuck into one eye, in each player. She circled to go behind them, then jumped off the quad bike, rolling to land between the two males.

She didn't stop, performing a sweep kick on the gunner and turning to kick the slayer hard on the side. Taking out another Pen, she stepped close, dodging a slice, and stabbed him in the other eye. After a few seconds of agonized screaming she took it out- and threw it into the other eye of the gunner.

... All the screaming was hurting her ears.
Nano (played by robinnrose)

She took out a helmet and wore it. It had spray paints, some doodles, etc. It was kinda cute but also menacing from the girl who walked calmly and slowly. She grinned as the bullets rain down at her. They all ricochet off her from at least 2.5 meters away. She did a pose and pointed at them. Two large caliber cannons appeared, "Fireeee!" Two explosive rounds appeared on the cannon and were loaded in. Cocked. Shut in. Hammer hit and fired at them. The round was slowly and flew at them. Materialization. Control of mechanic objects. Float.

Silent looked on the monitor, "Well...now I need a new paint job."
Cheshire (played by Sp8ders) Topic Starter

She watched as the newborn chaos ensued upon the party and the players who've entered the battlefield. Standing up, she replaced her Red Queen on her back and let out an extremely long groan of annoyance. Why do people have to interfere with her- oh they just successfully killed one.

"Oh hell no."

She jumped backwards off the tree branch, using her grappling hook she swung herself in a vertical loop. Once, twice, three times. Before releasing the tree and flinging herself upwards into the air, drawing her Tweedle Twins she flipped herself upside down, her cloak creating a shadowy figure against the grass thanks to the sunlight she only seemed like a black ghost in the sky. Taking her guns tightly in her hands, she twirled herself and pulled on the triggers, activating one her active abilities, Bullet Hail (A low level Akimbo Gunner skill, mostly used as a distraction then combat) creating a hailstorm of bullets down upon both groups, causing probably no damage whatsoever to either group.

The mysterious assassin landed in a graceful position between two fighting parties, her guns pointed on either side of her pointing to the offending party and her targets and let out a growl of frustration.

"Stay out of this, these assholes are mine."

The fields of lush grass were swathed in explosions, turning into free flying dirt which plummeted from the sky. When the bombardment ceased, a sizzling Reaps staggered out. The dark clad figure remained on its feet, glancing disappointingly at the two screaming idiots on the ground. She turned her attention to Ira, Chesire, and Nano. The heavy dreadlocks made it impossible to see exactly which she was eyeing to attack. Her deep voice came out obviously trying to remain steady. "I-I don't know who all of you are, but you have some nerve playing at our own game."

Black smog rose from the aflame grass at her back. It was of an unnatural sort, pitch black and rolling low to the ground instead of rising as does smoke from a fire. Those paying attention to their huds would see the area where it covered become grey and distorted. The leader of the party waved the silver hilt in one hand to ignite an abyssal blade to extend from its base. The very tip hooked, creating a sword-scythe silhouette before the smog rolled passed her and obscured all vision.

Ira would feel a distinct swish of movement as the more experienced Rogue dashed passed to slash Nano, the obvious threat head on.

The hailstorm of bullets were stopped by some sort of shield- one that looked eerily familiar. It seems that G30 had made good his promise to support Ira.

But...

A dark smog started to form, a distorted aura taking hold of the terrain around the enemy. Then-

Ira's eyes widened, momentarily frozen in shock. She passed me?! But how-

She whirled around, about to sprint after the player, but paused. The sniper looked pissed, holding two dangerous looking guns, and the other female player had two gigantic cannons at her command.

She was in range.

... $#!%.

She narrowed her eyes, making a split calculation- a leg, taking one step forward- and threw, Pen flying with aim sharp and true, straight for the back of the calf. She then leapt out of range, rolling into a ready crouch.

The blade went through the nanoshield without resistance but for some reason the slash all fell short of its target by half feet. The stream watchers gasp at the scene. Those who were here long enough were grinning and laughing. Of course, these weren't heard by them except by Nano. She grinned and pulled out a machine pistol and fired at her enemy.

Back at the RV on the computer systems, "Hmmm.." Silent thought as he went through the feedback from the program, "The precision of the program is quite scary." Since they were in a party, Nano heard him saying that.

Reaps stumbled back. Hollow tipped shredder rounds found arm muscles, a lung, and several intestines. All involved (save for a few underage players with parental controls turned on) saw blood pour from the critical wounds unleashed at such surprise to the seasoned party leader. Unlike the two eyeless idiots STILL writhing on the floor, she had pain receptors turned off. Even still, the simulation forced her movements to slow as to not give her too much of an advantage.

"D-damn..." She tore a Stim injector from her belt and stabbed into her thigh. Muscle functionality returned instantly, at the cost of her still depleting health from blood loss. "Cheap." She growled, recognizing the rumored tech developed by the infamous Silent Scientist. You nano shield users are cheap as all hell! People like you are ruining this game with your auto-programs fighting for you! You're nothing but a cheap..."

Reap's growling hissy fit fell away as her attention went to the assassin sent to kill her party. No recognition came from the sight. If she had, maybe she wouldn't have dashed toward her so vehemently. "I'll go down. I'll go down taking at least one of you down with me!" She roared from the obscure cloud of smog, weapon prone to stab.

Cheshire was, pissed to say the least. The mere fact that she was never recognized by the party of bandits, then these IDIOTS stealing her kills, and now this dolt wants to try and take her down as if she's some low leveled noob, like hell she's going down to this asinine excuse of a gamer. She quickly sent out a whisper to all people involved, except this moron who's trying to charge her.

I suggest you all take cover, unless you want to be mistakenly shot. This is going to be a bullet hell.

She stood still for a moment before taking a step forward; one became two, then three. She wasn’t in a rush to begin her slaughter bullet hell. She checked her inventory before simply smiling, all weapons online and ready for transport. Checking her skill tree, both skills Arsenal Roulette and Metal Carousel is ready for use, now there’s only one thing left to do.

“Fine, if you won’t recognize me by my appearance, then I am sure you’ll recognize this custom skill.”

She grinned, a Cheshire’s grin full of malicious intent, murderous intent, the hunt was going to come to end with someone dead, and it’s not going to be her. She activated her skill Arsenal Roulette first, two 100 sided dice appeared above her head rolling. Somehow she hit a lucky number, because the first weapon that appeared in her hands (via materialization from her cache) was a Ares Stoner Light Machine Gun. There, she activated her Metal Carousel, making her movement speed much faster using it she started spinning, her gun extended outwards, and then she pulled the trigger releasing a hailstorm of bullets in all directions, the onslaught of bullets lasted for ten seconds before changing again to twin Beretta 93R pistols continuing the bullet chaos. After the twin pistols, her weapon changed to a Spas 12 modified shotgun, creating a much slower but more spread slaughter of bullets, the weapon changed again for a, dear lord, for a flamethrower, creating a spewing circle of flames and destruction. While she moved in circles, it wasn’t just spinning on her heels; no she was dancing with her guns of death, like a ballerina of doom in her movements she moved so elegantly one would get lost in the mere trance of her movement, let alone the bullet display she released. The weapon changed again, materializing twin umps 45, creating a faster pace dance of bullets outwards in all directions. Her last and final weapon was a RPG, nothing special in the design, this she stopped spinning and aimed directly in the spot where the attacker originally and shot one rocket, ready to explode in a fiery display of destruction.

The girl stood upright once more, the RPG dematerializing from her hands, leaving her the weapons she brought with her in the first place, a hand on her hip she spoke almost authoritive and cocky, that same Cheshire grin written on her face, displaying her shiny sharp teeth almost proudly.

“I hope you enjoyed wonderland kid.”

The black smog meant to hinder accurate targeting was utterly useless at the barrage of blind fire. It dissipated into thin curls to float away into the atmosphere, revealing a mass grave of brass casing of various types of rounds and a large crater. The players Yourmomsbf and Killkillkill had ceased their woes of pain having been caught in the whirlwind, and were most likely cursing in their rooms from humiliation and the intense simulation of having their eyes gouged. Their avatars lay still with numerous holes. x0xProReapsYox0x on the other hand... was completely eviscerated. A hand holding the still lit sword-scythe some odd meters away was the only discernible evidence she hadn't simply escaped from the battle field. She too was sending curses in the safety of her real home as well as herself, for she did recognize the custom skill, but far too late.

So ended the tyranny of highwaymen known as Darkness. Or... most of them.

"GAH!"

A bundle of still standing grass parted away as a whiny yelp came. The patch of gravel between the gunner and slayer corpses seemed to move on its own, as if something had plopped onto it. Out of the same grass as Darkness came a more conservatively dressed avatar clad in black. This player, seeing the battle over, casually walked to stand at ends with Nano and Chesire.
G30 raised a foot and slammed on the patch of gravel. The scientist of Darkness's cloak broke, and he was revealed to everyone as he laid at their mercy. An empty smog canister was clutched in one hand. G30 bent down and swiped it away, examining it with just a bit of curiosity before tossing it. He called to Ira's hiding spot, all while keeping the defeated player pinned under his foot.
"Nice call! I'm pretty sure you'd be in pieces had you chose the other side. Good thing you hid, too. I had to use every bit of my shield to not get toasted by that finale, and I wasn't even near it. That went better than I expected..."

His attention went from Chesire to Nano, and back again. "So who are you people?"

Ira winced, peering upwards at the now bluish sky as she leaned back on the rocky outcrop, breathing heavily. She bit back a groan of pain as she shifted ever so slightly, clutching the dirt around her. Her leg twitched.

She was pretty sure it was broken.

Diving for cover without fully realizing where she'd land was a mistake. Somehow she'd ended up rolling in a ditch, jabbing her leg against a rock on the way down that left her in tears and unable to move for a few seconds. After the initial shock of pain had faded, she'd finally regained enough sense to listen for the end of the conflict.

And oh how it ENDED. The enemy player sounded like she got £&€¥!#& wrecked. Good thing she chose the better side-

... Just. She wished she had better luck next time...

I kind of really hate this, she thought, biting her lip. I'll... tell G30 I'm gonna log out after he's done conversing... that's protocol, right?... She strove to be as still and quiet as possible, bringing up her menu screen for the time.

Logged in at 9:00 PM ET
Current time is 11:35 PM ET

Nano didn't move an inch and the barrage fell upon her. The stream watchers' call were with mixed results. Most of them freaking out over it. Some laughing over it. When the dust cleared, there were angel wings and an angelic halo on her. She did a pose, "Mission Complete!" After saying that, the angel wings and halo disappeared.

Back at the RV, Silent sighed, "At least I was paid in compensation for adding that additional feature..." He stood up from his chair and grabbed a SCAR Light assault rifle and walked out of the RV. He looked around at the dust and all the bullets. He looked at his left arm for the HUD that was implemented, it was the same computer attached to his right arm. The nanotech shield went down by 5%. A total of 90% left intact. Within damage parameters.

Nano turned to the person who asked the question, "Weeellll I don't know anyone here but Silent. We're heading to our next destination!"

Cheshire looked at the corpses of the Darkness Party and realizes, she may have overdone it just a bit. Granted though, they had it coming so there's always that to look towards. Her attention, before being drawn to the last surviving member was on the now really deceased leader's weapon. Picking it up, she held it in the air with a sense of pride. A message popped up over her.

SUCCESSFULLY LOOTED "DEATH'S ARMS"!

The pure enjoyment for having such a reliquary of a weapon drew a sort of facial emotion that is, incredibly unfit for the high class assassin. A little bit of drool in the corner of her mouth. Weapons, her weakness. Shaking her head vigorously she looked over at the rest of the gamers that was around and sighed softly, removing her hood.

"So, you guys have successfully interrupted my hunt.... Not that it matters since the job is done. My name is Cheshire, a high profile assassin, and one of the only gunner class players that has mastered more then one skill tree. I'm sure you have heard of me."

(Note: The Gunner is mostly a party DPS which means less amount of recived XP gained, Cheshire found a way.)

Her eyes caught from Nano, the streamer which she grimaced about, and then Silent. Oh Silent, one of the creators of some of her tech.

"Silent, it's..... Good to see you again, I'll happily inform you your tech is working."

"Chesire... Chesire..." G30 rolled the name around a few times with little success. "Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. I sort of recognize the camgirl over there, though. Only a streamer would have such a flashy effect like that angelic thing."

His concentration was hindered at another attempt of escape from the scientist. He increased the pressure, quickly halting that. "Stay still man! Where else ya got to go?" He looked again to the neutral players, jutting a thumb up to his masked face. "Player tag's G30. Call me whatever, I'm not a big name around here so... T-that sniper..." The thumbed hand wavered as it flipped to point an index at the weapon slung across Chesire's back. "The Red Bean! You're Alice, the gun for hire who's obsessed with Alice references!"
The suave demeanor dissolved into that of a fan boy. He clapped his hands together and rubbed it against one cheek. A gold sphere spawned near his head. "Can you shoot my shield? I've been DYING to know if it can withstand a sniper shot. Probably not, but it would be such an honor!"

... Screw that. She wasn't gonna wait for her partner to get his frickin' head blown off.

Crazy bastard.

"... What the hell," she muttered aloud, then raised her voice. "If I could walk I would hit you right now," she yelled up, still blind to their newfound... uh... acquaintances? "Don't be an absolute idiot and take a shot you may or may not recover from."

...Shut up, she wasn't worried. Absolutely no trace of worry in her tone. Or pain. Nope.

She paused, then flipped him the bird for good measure.

... Not that he could see it.

But she was pretty sure he knew that she was doing it.

She tilted her head, "You know her?"

"Of course..." Silent said, "HeyChesire. I didn't expect to see you and my tech here again. I'm glad it's working out for you. How are you?" By the looks of it, he seemed to be acquaint with her, "Well thanks for the help. We are on our way to the destination." He then raise an eyebrow to the fanboy.

Nano looked back and forth between the two before she thought of something, "Ah ha! By the sounds of it, do you guys used to date?"

Cheshire looked at G30 before releasing a loud chuckle, the sharp teeth shining almost prominently in the sunlight. This smile vanished the moment the girl had accused her of dating Silent, which promptly caused her to draw one of her tweedle twins, carefully aiming it at the streamer before pointing down at the scientist from the Darkness raiding party and...

Bang bang bang bang.

A clear head shot, filling their skull with bullets from the sub-machine gun, no survivors from her contracting, her face remained almost cold and dead stern with determination to finish her job, which promptly reminded her to check the list of users. She pulled it up via HUD and raised a brow. "Strange, I could of sworn that should be all six.... I'm missing one."

She seemed more distracted now, looking around trying to find the runaway. She'll lecture the others about stealing people's kills in a moment.

"Where could that idiot have run off too?"

The floating energy sphere dissipated along with some of G30's enthusiasm at not having those bullets sent his way. "Awwww..." He gloomily went to patting down the now deceased scientist, grumbling under breath. There were some canisters of Black Smog, Insta-gels of varying quality, and ammo packs. This poor, poor player was just a mule for the rest of them.
Rest in peace. I know the struggle.
In response to yet more curses from his vulgar apprentice, he bubbled the insta-gels which would grant organic tissue health regeneration. With G30 playing an complete automaton, he had no use for them anyway. "Stab that in your boo-boos and quit worryin'. I can take care of myself... as you can see by who's standing and who's in a ditch at the moment. Cough cough." The coughs were spoken with much sass.
He sent the sphere of gel to her, stopping just before smacking her in the face. A few hexagons disappeared to allow her to grab them at leisure.

At Chesire's general question, he slammed a fist into palm as he recalled. "Ah- yeah- You probably mean the coward who ran off when his buds got downed. Thick guy, broad shouldered, a sledgehammer. Off that-a-way." He pointed back towards the long grass.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Welcome To Eris

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus