Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » One Rainy Night (OOC)

Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm gonna play doctor on your doctor a bit, but take your time. This is what forum rp is for.

Edit: Might start another rp separately from this one cause I'll be up a while. Not sure what I'll do tho
paranoid_party

Definitely let me know if something goes up, youre quite the writer and definitely an interesting RP partner for sure.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I'm thinking about a more urban setting. Not necessarily a city, though it could be. Something that I can play my thief Tye in.

Oh, and I vaguely recall talking about my loose knowledge of medieval life earlier. I think it was with you, but I wanted to say, if you're ever feeling a bit inquisitive about it, there's this series of books by these two brothers, Joseph and Francis Gies, that detail different forms of medieval living. I've only read "Life in a medieval city" but I want to read village next. I think there's Life in a medieval castle, city and village respectively.

Its a surprisingly fun book. You'd figure anything on the literary side would only have the more boring details but they have a way of humanizing the folks back then without making them out as too good to be true. And if you only want information on a certain way of medieval life, at least in the city book they'll categorize their chapters based on different folks. Its where I got both my inspiration and my knowledge about masons.
paranoid_party

Ill definitely have to give it a read, it sounds very interesting. Im a junkie for any kind of book these days.
Beetlebelle

Interesting! I'll look it up as well. :)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

If you do I'll finally have some folks to nerd out about history at without going to a non rp site. :D

I've changed my mind. I might go back to the city Tye idea but I want to do something different now. Maybe I'll actually be able to write it, trying to follow my muse.
paranoid_party

Sounds rad dude. Ive tried my hand at writing my own stuff on minor occassions but I think I overdo it with details (if my character profiles arent any signs of that haha)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Reminds me of one time I said I'd post an opening for an rp and wound up with... probably six or seven paragraphs worth of things happening. My partner told me after they read it just to go with it myself and make a short story! And it wasn't supposed to be an insult, either. A bit boastful I know, but I did really want an rp out of it ;_;
paranoid_party

Man, elaborate RPs are the best kind, especially if they're good elaborations. Ive had some partners who would just respond with one sentence at a time, and it just killed the vibe. But I can definitely see how youve got the skills to do independent work.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I did it. And nobody's awake now most likely xD heck

Edit: I think my last post on Amaury was reply #69. HAH! GOT'EEM
paranoid_party

I didnt see that edit until just now XD lmao wow
Iltheyn Topic Starter

RIP Iskra. ;_; Actually RIP everyone. Aufhocker got us, it was a good run.

my gf brought up that this song was strangely fitting.
paranoid_party

I have never heard of this band before but I love this and this is so going in her playlist.

Your girlfriend is a miracle

As for Iskra, she's been through hell, she's just gonna need a very very long nap after this thats for sure lmao
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I agree. Of the four Iskra is the best candidate for the Long Nap Award that I totally didn't just make up.

For like six weeks.

Or maybe longer. Two months.

If the aufhocker hadn't grabbed Amaury but his light thing didn't work at all, he would have booked it. :D The more you know!
Beetlebelle

I vote that Maren be nominated for 2nd place in the long nap award now. She could really use it by now. xD

Let me know if I should change anything in my writing to allow more wiggle room for your characters to respond!
paranoid_party

Iskra needs a full on hibernation, two months cant begin to cover it.

You're doing fine lmao
paranoid_party

Man, I really gotta say thanks to you guys. I've really been trying to reach out to people and get more RP's going ((My first RP here got seriously creepy with this guy, and I had to block him)) but I get really anxious putting myself out there, so I don't really do much lmao. Talking and making friends w yall definitely helped me get more comfortable here haha
Iltheyn Topic Starter

:> Its np! I'd been on another forum community right before this one and generally didn't get to talk to folks unless they were requesting art (I'd put a free sketches post up) and I already don't have many people to spend time with irl atm, so when I joined this place I was like "I gotta just do it. Gotta put something out there." Or else I'd spend my time here much like there; in quiet desperation o_o

But this has been completely worth it.

Side note that ask at Amaury gave me the giggles
paranoid_party

It's been a while since I've been on any community, so I'm not really used to reaching out to people haha.

I had to use Iskra for that one, she's definitely the kind of person who would say something like that lmao.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Amaury uses counterattack.

Its not very effective.

Its better off that way, he probably has diseases tbh. ;(

In my experience, a lot of people who are writers and rpers tend to have some form of trouble with socialization. And I don't know why but especially in the gaming rp communities there are a LOT of creepers, and people have this tendency to be quite vain and detached. So even if someone brought up a problem folks tended not to care enough to help. There were several situations where my gf and I were targeted by folks but when she talked about it others thought she instigated it. Sometimes the creepers would even try it while I was there.

So the hesitation is totally understandable, but at least there are some good folk who've been through the same and get it, I'll wager.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » One Rainy Night (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus