Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » One Rainy Night (OOC)

Iltheyn Topic Starter

Horses are hard. I'd suggest opening a page in google and just looking at riding horses. Riding horses, because draft horses are bred thicker and seem to resemble Maren less.

Edit: On further inspection of Maren I actually want to take back that earlier statement about riding horses and replace them with deer. Or maybe goats? :>
Meet Doc, the new guy that's going to replace Ludvig for a while. http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=85314
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Ooh. I like Doc. He sounds like an interesting satyr.
thanks.
Beetlebelle

paranoid_party wrote:
I've been trying to draw Maren for the better part of an hour. I've never drawn animals tho :'( It's like a whole new anatomy I'm dying

Oh my gosh, that would freaking make my DAY if I saw art of her. <3 Can I try to draw Iskra? I'm not used to drawing people, but you gotta start somewhere right? :)
Beetlebelle

iltheyn wrote:
Horses are hard. I'd suggest opening a page in google and just looking at riding horses. Riding horses, because draft horses are bred thicker and seem to resemble Maren less.

Edit: On further inspection of Maren I actually want to take back that earlier statement about riding horses and replace them with deer. Or maybe goats? :>

Yes! I actually based Maren off of a few different types of goats, and threw in some deer-like proportions. (here is my 'mood board' so to speak when I was re-designing her. If you are interested in seeing it http://sta.sh/04rk6glif70 )
paranoid_party

Feel free to draw Iskra haha, I dont have many good references on her (her reference sheet is still a w.i.p)

As for Maren, Im gonna keep making attempts and see how it goes lmao

Edit: I mean thats if I ever get home. I think my parents forgot I was working again tonight :T
Beetlebelle

I hope you got home safely! :s
paranoid_party

i had to call my mom but she came and got me haha

Right now I'm trying to get this giant slug outside. He's just sitting on the floor in the living room, its been raining a lot so he probably came inside to escape it
Beetlebelle

Blehhh!! What the heck XD
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Actually sketched Maren after looking at her profile page. *Flops around*

Slugs are cute. I hope he has more luck out there. Speaking of, that's a cute alternate design.

Where is Doc? Are you waiting for a good time to post with him?
Beetlebelle

@iltheyn , O_O Ohmygosh please show me!!

And I like snails more, their little eye stalks and shells are super cute.

@paranoid_party , I just saw the new drawings you did of Iskra, they're super cute!! I will draw her sometime today. :)
Iltheyn Topic Starter

marenithiel_by_iltheyn-dbc8diz.jpg

Just got back home from a garage sale where I found some gems. They had stuff that belonged to their parents and grandparents that dated back a hundred years. They even had an old stock of what was once a shotgun, but they didn't know what happened to it. The guy who was selling it said he got it that way, too.

Also here's my interpretation on Drake; a massive man with clothes too small because how could they not be

drake_by_iltheyn-dbc8h7q.jpg
paranoid_party

@beetlebelle Awe thank you :)

Oh my god I love garage sales they are the absolute best. I found all sorts of awesome glass bottles at this garage sale on my street. Estate sales are even better

Also, I love that, thats literally him. Thats the reason he doesnt wear his cape often, cause the seamstress who made them didnt have enough fabric to make his long enough, and he feels stupid wearing a short cape lol
Beetlebelle

Bawww!! Those drawings are awesome! I like their poses, and Maren's fluffy neck is so cute. :> And I really like Drake's expression, so grumpy!
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Thx. :D

I was a little worried about Drake's design cause I knew some stuff about him (tusks, tallness) but didn't really know if I'd be representing his face correctly. Its a sketch so its not 100% how I'd do a detailed design of him but I'm glad I got it.

Amaury is being genuinely chummy! Not something I thought I'd rp. Not the most unlikely candidate but still. He likes them both tbh but he's actually more concerned about Iskra's feelings than whether or not she'd stab him. He just doesn't get it that quickly when people don't take things with a grain of salt.
Beetlebelle

Here ya go, sorry if I got her colors wrong or anything
Not sure how to post a pic in the comments...
paranoid_party

Iskra really isn't very good with jokes, she doesn't have much of a sense of humor, so she ends up taking a lot of things personal. It gets her into a lot of fights in taverns. And she doesn't really have many friends either so like. That doesn't help her when it comes to understanding other people.

OMG THO IT'S SO PERFECT. I LOVE IT THE NOSE IS SO CUTE SHE LOOKS SO FEMININE AND NICE and less likely to kill someone its so great she looks genuinely happy with her life
Iltheyn Topic Starter

I feel bad for Iskra. I know my character Tye shares some of that sensitivity, can't be the butt of a joke without flying into a rage. i think they have their own ways of interpreting what makes that the case though. If they were both in a tavern that might land them in a fight with one another.

I concur. Iskra looks swell! And I like the way you colored her. I lack the enthusiasm I had for it earlier cause I'm tired but you did a good job. I'm gonna sleep now.
Beetlebelle

Yay, I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I made her look pretty innocent..Maybe I should also try a "I would kill you in exchange for a single oreo" kind of expression next time. xD

I feel bad for Iskra and her background, but right now they are all so friendly and happy right now, its so cute! :3

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » One Rainy Night (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus