Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

"With due respect, your majesty, my duty is to arrest the culprits, their fates and sentencings are but yours to decide upon, they are your vassals, not mine" shrugged Morgan a little awkward at the question
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Ryiah sighed, giving a tired nod as she realized Morgan was right. She hadn't grown used to all of her duties as Empress yet, and with the upcoming wedding and all the extra questions coming her way she felt a bit fuzzy. "You're right, I'm sorry General. It's all a bit... much." She lifted a hand to run it over her eyes, a momentary gesture of the fatigue she felt. Would things ever quiet down? Would she ever be able to call her life normal? Did she want to?

Finally she put a smile back on her face, her posture lifting, her head tilting up, trying to remain regal as her mother would have done. "I thank you for the help. Please bring them before me tomorrow, and I'll decide what is to be done." A day in a cell to allow the drink to wear off would do the men good anyway...

Ryiah then glanced between the two men, and after a pause, she spoke in a quiet voice. "If there's nothing else... I think I shall retire to my chamber for some rest."
Morgan bowed at the queen before leaving.

"Have a good rest, your grace, your manservant Taff is already waiting for you in your quarters" assured Morgan having seen Taff make his way there

Taff was somewhat thankful at the routine, calm and norm, being able to do his usual chores undisturbed, cheating with magic from time to time of course, when out of sight, such as summoning a rainbow and butterflies when not seen. He had gone to adorn the room in golds and silks and flowers and riches and rich scents and forgot to remove the spells as he was called over to serve lunch to the prisoners at the barracks

Calico nodded at Morgan briefly and followed Ryiah to her rooms

"Where are you off to?" asked Calico pausing Taff

"Lunch at the barracks, sir" explained Taff with a small smile causing Calico to frown

"You be careful there... this is how it all started, remember?" reminded Calico looking at Ryiah to show his concern

Ryiah was standing momentarily speechless at the door of her rooms, staring within at the rainbows and butterflies. Slowly a grin spread over her lips and she looked at Taff to murmer, "I like it." Then she noticed Calico's concern and studied Taff. "Perhaps its best not to work at the barracks. You have your choice of positions, remember? I will not nay say you, but.. I do wish you would stay out of harms reach. The barracks are an ugly place."

She slipped her hand again into Calico's own as she finished speaking, leaning into his chest a bit, feeling sleepy, yet not wishing to be alone.
"No one else wishes to go feed prisoners at the barracks today. It seems the cells are full of dangerous pirates, cutthroats, bandits, scallywags and so many more names... seems your reputation preceeds you already. If I do not go, those men will be left starving" pointed out Taff matter of fact

"Ahh don't worry I will take care of myself in a little while" assured Calico patting Taff to relieve him from the task, taking Ryiah's hand and looking surprised at the unusual decor

"Whoa... this is quite something else..." mused Calico following Ryiah and sitting her down on the couch. "Rest whilst you can, tomorrow it will be a long stressful day no doubt" assured Calico kissing her forehead

Ryiah sank onto the couch, tugging at Calico to sit with her a while as she let her mind calm and sleep to draw nearer. "Yes, so much to do in preparation for the wedding still. Who knew it would be such a challenging task..." her voice drifted into quietness, her orange amber hues blinking a bit as she held Calico's hand. Then she roused a bit and looked up at him, a soft smile on her lips. "But I look forward to wedding you, and finally being yours, truly. Also, thank you for relieving Taff of the barracks duty. I will try to remember to order a more suitable man to the task."
"No worries, dear, nothing a ruthless captain wouldn't do to see his crew well fed" assured Calico making little work of the arduous task so as to not worry her unduly.

"Go on, close your eyes a little..." encouraged Calico taking her in arms and bringing her over to the bed to rest. "I will be around, here in the couch for a while" soothed Calico.

Feeling herself falling asleep, Ryiah tried to rouse once more, sitting up on the bed to look at Calico a bit suspiciously. "You aren't planning on breaking your men out of jail are you? Not right before our wedding?" She raised an eyebrow, knowing her betrothed still had his pirate streak. "A night there won't hurt them, I'll have th released tomorrow..." her voice, sleepy, was a mere whispered murmer.
"Very well, dear, we will keep them locked up till tomorrow then" sighed Calico agreeing to her demands and leaning back on the couch to get some sleep too.

Ryiah, satisfied by the answer, fell promptly to sleep, glad of the company for however long Calico stayed, her face falling into the serene peace of deep sleep.

The next morning, as she sat up, having awoken sometime in the night to put her nightgown on and sleep more comfortably, would bow glance to make sure Calico was no longer on the couch, before rising to allow the maids who'd entered to help her dress and do her hair. Feeling much better with the restful sleep, Ryiah would then exit in search of food, before turning her mind both to planning the wedding, and to ruling her empire.
Taff smiled as he was bringing food to Ryiah, just like Calico had asked

"You favourite... upon request of your betrothed" assured Taff bringing the tray inside her quarters, head ducked so as to not stare neither at her nor at the maids, a blush quickly drawing upon his cheeks

"Thank you Taff," Ryiah offered lightly as the tray was set before her. She smiled at the Warlock's shyness. "Don't worry Taff, I'm decent. The maids have done quick work. Do I look presentable?" She asked, standing to twirl once, her gown one of a light cream color trimmed in a gold shimmery edging. The bodice dipped slightly low, hugging her figure flatteringly, but not overly. She had beem growing more used to dressing as an Empress, rather than the wayward sea loving daughter of an Emporer. Still, it took patience to wear dresses every day. But her advisors insisted she look the part, to inspire her people.

A small coronet encircled her brow, and her hair was done in ringlets, pinned to perfection. Her orange amber eyes were clear and rested, filled with excitement at the prospect of seeing Calico soon. "I hope all went well at the barracks yesterday, that Calico fed the men?" She inqired as she began to eat. "Please help yourself as well Taff, if you wish, it is very good. I'll have to thank Calico for thinking of it."
"Yes... that's who I am trying to talk about... see... drunken captives never make for an easy feed. I hope they release Calico soon" muttered Taff in a wince.

"They already got Morgan earlier, and I barely managed to scurry away... because I promised them more rum" murmured Taff a little embarrassed at that.

Ryiah blinked, turning to regard Taff more closely, her food forgotten. "You mean they took my fiancé captive, along with my General? How in the world does that happen, weren't they locked up?" She raised an eyebrow and calmly stood. "It seems I have things to attend to. Breakfast will have to wait."
"Better wait till noon, your majesty, food is nicer whilst hot, your grace is hungry and are tired, bad combination to hear judgements in, humans make mistakes when tired and cranky" suggested Taff

"I am sure your general and your fiance can endure being captives to their own known crew for one morning" shrugged Taff with a small smile unable to deny he found the idea most amusing.

"If you do choose to go that chaotic realm down at the dungeons, I suggest pirate attire and most definitely a sword" recommended Taff
((OOC updated reply to daytime))

Ryiah cocked her head as she listened to Taff's words. Finally she gave a smile and shook her head. "I feel very well rested after a nights sleep. My duties are calling and so I must attend to them as an Empress should. I thank you for your concern Taff. Please, make sure you eat as well."

Finishing her breakfast, Ryiah rose and made her way down to the throne room, where she held a short meeting to speak with her advisors, delgate tasks, and make sure wedding preparations were going smoothly. Finally, with everything else mostly in order, Ryiah settled her circlet on her head, dusted off her dress, lifted her chin and stood with regal proud posture as she left the castle, her guards in her wake, and headed towards the barracks to speak with the prisoners, though she made sure to keep a dagger hidden in her bodice.

Upon reaching the Barracks, she gave no signs of discomfort nor fear. Rather she looked around for the ringleaders, and assessed the problem.
"Ahh good morning your majesty..." muttered Calico "Sorry I missed your breakfast entirely, my dearest, Sir Henry Morgan and I were having some brotherly time together" explained Calico in a light cough of discomfort

"We're a bit tied up as you can see..." trailed off Calico red faced, Morgan and Calico chained to the wall, hands and feet whilst the crooked band of pirates were playing dagger throwing games at the pair of them tossing daggers around the shape of their bodies without injuring neither captain given their good aim.

"Come now lass, join in and let's see if you're any better" urged Prodius with a smirk

"If we have to remain locked up, we have to find ways to keep skills sharp and men entertained even if it is at the captain's expense" shrugged Rufus seeing this as no different to harmless play as long as they did not miss the targets and caused major injury

"You bloody scallywags I will have you flogged for this!" hissed Morgan pursing his lips unhappy and growing still at the next throw, least him moving caused the missed and injury.

Ryiah watched in a moment of stunned surprise, listening first to Calico and then to Prodius. She couldn't imagine the scenario which left Calico and Morgan tied inside the cell. She resolved to as Calico about it.... later

Her eyebrows went up at Prodius' suggestion and she gave a soft bark of laughter. "If you think I am going to join you in throwing knives at my betrothed and his brother, you have a smaller capability of rationale than I thought, sir."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Ryiah began pacing in front of the bars slowly and easily, keeping any tension from her frame. She exhaled a somewhat weary sigh as she contemplated what to do with the situation. Finally she stopped pacing. "Prodius, if you recall, I was ready and willing to offer all of you men a full pardon as we returned from our first adventure with the dragon seeds. I will still honor such, if you will give your words of honor to behave yourselves." With a glance at Morgan Ryiah preempted his disagreeement, as she spoke again, "I am well aware that my doing so will not shine the best light. But, as I know you men do, I keep my word." Turning back to the pirates she raised an eyebrow, "so what say you?"
"Oh come now lass, there's no fun in being behaved" protested Rufus "We like lady Luck and lady Rum too much and those two scurry ladies surely never lead to behaved" mused the marauder

"Hush now, we just got carte blanche... better accept and let's leave this rotten jail" accepted Prodius frowning and the group who nodded in agreement bored and partly sober.

"Right, missy, you're on... royal pardons and we're out of here and back to the port" prompted Blackbeard

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus