Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Nidar (played by DarkElf06)

After the group dispersed, Nidar looked back to see the empress smiling at him. "What?" he said confused, "I'm not Harrishim, I don't have a need for any human harem or any kind of harem. If I like a woman, I'll happily woo her instead of the old collar and chain tactic."

Once his small rant was over, he turned and began to walk to the ship to assist in preparations. Hopefully, it would be a peaceful voyage - the sea and his stomach were never close friends.
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Blinking at Nidar's sudden rant, Ryiah shrugged when he'd finished, though she still had a bit of a smile that may or may not have been a relieved one.

Unsure what else to do, given her new status, Ryiah followed when the bedouin continued to the ship, bording behind him and standing, looking about the deck with a keen eye. She had spent a good deal of time at sea, and she loved it. She loved the wind in her hair, the storms that often churned the sea, the salty air, and endless skies. Caesar's ship was a nice one, not the largest to be had for sure, yet it would be comfortable for their voyage. "It's a good ship." She murmered, not really expecting Nidar to answer, just making an observation. "Caesar was generous."

Harrishim blinked in surprise at Calico's answer, as if he couldn't believe the once pirate hadn't enjoyed his wife's company in bed even once married. Still, he made no further comment, seeing Calico squirm at the original question.

Sipping his tea, the bedouin leader lounged back, gesturing for Calico to have some as well if he wished. "As for Falgaron," he mused, "it is unlike any nation I have seen before. They've made advancements in their technology that I can't begin to describe, only I can say I did wonder why they even needed my horses. You do well to fear them beginning a war. Not many could stand against them."
"Taff will ensure us all a safe sail and a fair wind, hopefully we will reach Tellerin and from there Falgaron soon enough" nodded Calico in agreement accepting the words of warning, his eyes drifting towards Riyah with a look of passion and love that he maintained restrained even despite the marriage.

When they boarded, Nidar thought he heard Ryiah speak but he dismissed it as the wind and went to the lower decks to check on the supplies.

The horses were settling in well in the brig, despite being confined to a space only a few meters wide; the Bedouins knew how to treat horses and earn their trust and loyalty after all. That's when Nidar noticed a worker sleeping next to one of the horses.

With a sigh, Nidar walked up to the sleeping man and kicked him to get his attention. "Whu...wha..?" he stammered with wide eyes. Nidar loomed over the man and asked, "What do you think you're doing, boy?" It took a moment for the man to fully become aware of the situation and he stood up, "I'm just sleeping... it's not like the horses are gonna run off." At that point, Nidar grabbed him by the collar and held him in the air, "I made it clear that I wanted this ship ready to sail by nightfall and that requires all of you to do."

The man didn't look prepared to admit guilt, so Nidar pulled down his mask, revealing a patch of gem-like scales the colour of amber on his cheek. After that, his black eyes turned a vibrant gold with slotted pupils - suddenly the man seemed more apologetic. Nidar spoke with a deeper tone, "Remember who you're disobeying next time you pull a stunt like that, or you'll be fed to a far more monstrous beast than a horse..."

The man ran off to the deck in terror, stumbling over his every step. Satisfied, Nidar continued his inspection, glad to let loose his other side once in a while.
Taff had sensed the creature was not quite human but made no mention or indication that anything was amiss.

"Sir what would you like to eat?" Quizzed Taff Gelligen who often worked in the kitchens and sleeping cabins as usual

As he was seeking the man's culinary preferences, he was doing his best to not stare at Nidar unduly in case he took offense at the gesture. He did not know how much magic this being held and it were better to not need to find out either

Nidar looked at the serving boy; he vaguely remembered his name being Taff. He also noted Taff's nervous body language around him. It seemed that the boy was being cautious about something.

Not wanting to leave the boy waiting and cause further anxiety, Nidar answered: "I'll be fine until we leave, there's still a lot that still needs doing and apparently I can't even trust that to be done so soon." Nidar's eyes wandered to Taff again, noting a bit of curiosity in his eyes too. He decided to bring this up, after all, offending someone wasn't something Nidar was afraid of. "Are you scared of me, boy? Did the would-be stablehand tell you of the big bad Nidar." He said that last part with a laugh, always entertained by his effect on people.
"I am not scared, no, sir... but I am a bit weary, I sense power within you, a magic I know not yet whether it be of the darkness or the light" explained Taff, not one to lie about anything for any reason

"Would you have me do anything else besides your meal, sir?" asked Taff

"You can go help the crew with whatever needs doing," Nidar said, " and if you would like to know my magic we can always talk about it once we're sailing."

After giving Taff his order, Nidar returned to his duties below deck: securing horses; counting supplies and beating some sense into any disobedient crewmen. It was not a glamorous position to be in, given his species' legendary status but he owed the Bedouin people this much at least.

Ryiah lingered on the main deck of the ship, fairly certain that Nidar did not want her following him around like a lost puppy, nor did she want to act like one. She stood by the railing, her gaze focused to the sea and inhaled a deep breath as a gust of salty air stirred or bright red orange locks. She didn't notice Calico watching her, her mind trying to work out the odd feeling she got when around Nidar. Something was... off about the man, and it itched at her, yet it there hadn't been any obvious reason for her to think so. Rather a draconic intuition within told her something was different about him.

As her mind moved to her draconic form, she felt a sudden longing to take flight again, to feel the wind beneath her wings, to soar. When Nidar arrived back on the top deck, Ryiah sought him out, her gaze a bit intense as she glanced him over. "If there is anything I can serve you with, do tell. Otherwise, I have a request to make. I wish to change form, to take flight for a while as I have not stretched my wings in too long, but I would have your..." she paused, clearly struggling with the need to speak the next words, "your permission before doing so. I wouldn't want to unduly alarm anyone."

Meahwhile, the ship seemed to have seamlessly been loaded with the equine cargo, and set sail effectively under the command of Nidar, Harrishim tucked nicely away in his cabin, probably for the remainder of the voyage as he wasn't a usual seagoer, he struggled with the sickness the motion brought about. He grumbled a bit, his usually cheery nature deserting him, and he mostly left Calico to his own devices, unless he needed something to ease his stomach or a refreshing beverage.

When Ryiah had finished requesting permission, Nidar nodded: "I figured as much, dragons can't be kept on the ground as I can't be kept off of it. Go on, stretch your wings and don't fly off too far; I wouldn't hear the end of it from Harrishim if I lost you at sea."

Afterwards, Nidar went to the railing and leant over it to look at the waves.
Taff had made himself scarce no sooner Nidar had sent him away and was leaning over the railing talking to the mermaids and sea serpents.

When Nidar came close, however, he immediately straightened up as if he had been doing nothing unusual, the creatures of the sea well accustomed to being cut short

"Feeling nauseous?" quizzed Taff wondering if to prepare the man a remedy should he require it

Nidar turned to Taff, "Trust me, you'll know when I get seasick," he laughed, "my species isn't known for discretion. Speaking of which, I remember you saying you want a chat about that." Nidar had no problem speaking about his race to allies; trust was a big part of being a group after all, especially so in this particular mission.

"I'm a drake, a wingless dragon. I can more or less do what dragons can except for flying of course."
"I'm Taff Emris Gelligen... the last dragonlord" smiled Taff smiling broadly

"So... besides flying... will you and Sendara be fighting for every scrap of gold and treasure?" asked Taff much too curious to not ask.

"And has anyone tamed you in your draconic form? or do you still belong to the wild?" quizzed Taff more to the point.

"You know full well that dragons without riders are a danger to themselves and to others after all..." muttered Taff rubbing the back of his neck and waiting for answers from his questions

Nidar's eyes narrowed at the mention of a dragonlord; he valued his free will greatly and he knew of a dragonlord's power to control a dragon's actions - it horrified him. After composing himself, Nidar spoke, "No one has tamed me, nor will they ever. If I endanger myself and others in doing so, then at least I'll be slain a free beast instead of someone's bejewelled pack horse."

Nidar's eyes flashed into their draconic state as he was speaking, their vibrancy showing his immense anger to the thought of being tamed.

Wings unfurling, muscles rippling, broad neck rising, amber gaze blazing, Ryiah Sendara rose on the wind, easily accounting for the drafts that swept over Caesar's ship, both warm and cold and filled with a fresh salty scent. Her vision was clear and crisp and she could see for miles.

Circling, Sendara rose until she was a mere speck in the sky, circling the sea bound ship below and glad she was no mere mortal. A vicious glee filled her as she roared, bugeling her delight to the world even as ahe saw a dark form swimming below. Her stomach growles and instinct kicked in. Folding her wings, she plummeted swiftly, darting down until her own form submerged in a rupturing geyser of water, her talons extended before her. No mere grace had the fall been, but grace combined with strength and ultimate ferocity. The large swordfish was dead on impact, and as she broke forth from the water's keep she roared again, the large fish dangling from her taloned feet.

Swooping over the deck of the ship, Sendara dropped the fish on the wooden planks, a gift for those below, then spotted Calico, diving towards him with no warning to pick him up by a forclaw and deposited him upon her neck near her shoulders, her ebony and purple hued scales glittering, in the sunlight. Little did she care in this form for the demands of men. Little did she care her human form was considered a slave for the time being. A dragon could not be enslaved.

Even as she flew now with her beloved on her back, Sendara eyed the men below with distrust. The one with the draconic soul shone out to her, easily discernable to her own magical senses now as they had been fully released. She watched him, carefully, sensing his hidden wildness, though she wondered at his inability to fly. She couldn't imagine being tethered to earth. Nay, such would be an abomination.

The journey would continue, through calm seas for the most part, yet on the horizon lingered a dark cloud, and it was situated between Caesar's ship, The Indomitable and their destination, Falgaron. As the days slipped by the clouds drew ever nearer and the winds began to rise, whipping the sails in a teasing manner, a manner which soon shifted into something more ominous, something far more dangerous. The chains of the sea's tempest had awoken, its rage released, and a storm unlike any which could be found on land was now nearing them.

In the eye of the storm, deep within the blackness of the coming clouds, whirled the maw of the sea, gaping and spinning in a whirlpool which could easily eat a ship, and did, frequently. Though the Indomitable had not yet reached the powerful storm, the soft roar of its maw could begin to be heard, that is, until the squalling ripping tearing winds would reach them and blot out all else....
Taff gazed at Nizar blowing into his hand and opening the palm to show the drake a handful of gold, curious as to whether he would react to treasure in the same manner full fledged dragons did.

This was important because if the man could not contain himself against treasure, this could well bring them into trouble when they entered Falgaron's palace which was known to be cluttered with priceless treasure throughout.

Nidar lowered his gaze to the gold in Taff's hand. He promptly grabbed the gold and crushed it into pieces, saying "I'm not like dragons in that regard, dragonlord. Now, I'm going to..."

Before he could finish, he spotted miles of storm clouds in the distance, moving rapidly in their direction. "Wonderful..." he muttered, "a boat, wind and waves; the world really has it out for me today..." He moved to the helmsman and ordered him to steer the Indomitable as close to the edge of the clouds as possible. He then hopped onto the rigging of the ship and yelled, "Storm in the distance men! Get to your stations and we might just get out unscathed!"

Sendara felt the beginnings of the storm as the wind beneath her wings pulled and tremored, shivered and rippled, heralding the coming danger. Even if she hadn't already felt ths sign of forboding, her own sense of the coming threat would begin to blare in her mind. "I had better land.." She mentioned into Calico's mind, reluctance lacing her tones even as she banked doward, spiraling until she hovered now over the Indomitable.

She could see Taff and Nidar in conversation, then watched as the dragon souled man moved off to bark orders. Judging the time ripe she landed with a thump that rocked the ship momentarily, announcing her return, steam jetting from her nostrils as she eyed the men scurrying to respond to Nidar's orders.

Lowering her neck, Sendara allowed Calico to slide off of her should he wish, but for the moment seemed to have no inclination to return to her human form. The coming storm made her want to face its fury with her draconic strength, a might nearly equal to the tempests own power.

"The maw of the sea lies ahead." she said to all, her eyes glittering. "This ship would be no match for the current, should it become stuck in the whirlpool at the storm's center. Beware..." Her tail twitched, barely missing one of the masts, and she stared out at the horizon. "The storm comes" She seemed almost to look forward to it, her own wild nature reveling in the raw power of this force of nature. Yet she worried for her companions, her eyes sliding to Taff, and Calico.

Forgetting her position as a slave, she stood regal, her scales grand and polished. "The ship must be fortified,
All must be lashed down lest it fly free and crush you mortals...
Calico slid off Sendara, helping the crew to secure the ship and its loose cargo, well aware of the damage cargo could cause when the storms struck ships.

From time to time, patting Sendara, ever so pleased with his dragon. It was clear there was a glowing satisfaction, whenever he laid eyes upon his pet.

"You look as majestic as the first time I saw you" complimented Calico helping tie items with ropes and turning to Nidar

"Not fond of seas and storms uh?" quizzed Calico surprised a man of such travelling could feel so aprehensive onboard a ship.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus