Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Kendra 'Snake' Hornsby (played anonymously)

Kendra was not at all shocked that Calico wouldn't free her from his second mate, it was the pirates way, she knew it well. As he put his arm around her she chuckled instead of withdrawing. She grabbed the goblet in one hand and drank it down in one swig. Looking up from the goblet her eyes were indeed filled with fire. She glanced aside to Ryiah and gave her a smile. "Apologies for having to witness me do this my lady, but I have been challenged to a game." She said before looking back at Rufus.

"If I win your game," She said her eyes brimming over with fire and finesse, as thoughts danced in her head on how to get the better of this deal. "You'll get to wear attire of my choosing, i'm sure the rest of the crew would appreciate something like that. That and you'll have to keep a steady supply of fine drink to me so I could wash the hideous sight of that out of my system, then we shall indeed have a half hour dance with swords I am quite fond of the idea on either premise." She said raising the cup of dice.

She raised her eyes to his. "Lady luck and I don't always have a good relationship, but she is my intoxication as well." She said with a wink.

rolled 3d6 and got 11

Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Taken completely by surprise at Calico Jack's honest tale, and then by the swift maneuvering from Rufus to drape his arm around Kendra, Ry's mouth dropped open to hang slightly agape. She had heard tales of pirates and their ways, yet never had she seen it up close. Blinking a few times and trying to recover her composure she turned, fixing her gaze on the man in charge, knowing Kendra could handle herself. She'd wanted to give the woman what aid she could, but apparently Jack was allowing her little say.

With swift calculation she thought through all that she could offer, taking into consideration Taff's words from earlier. Leaning forward again, offering the man yet another better glimpse of her chest swelling beneath her dress, she gave him her best demure smile - granted, it needed work. She was no tavern wench. Yet she needed this man to help her, along with his crew.

"What about full pardons, for your whole crew if I am returned to my birthright? Captain Morgan will face trial for his crimes, as well as all others who were involved in the murder of my father. If you wish it, I will give you a position of your choosing, and the riches to go with it." She paused, her mind going back to her days in the palace, working hard to learn the politics required for leading her people, the dances, the balls, the etiquette. Yet her favorite time of day had been when she was allowed to take up the sword and battle with her sword master, her teacher, and - she'd thought, her friend. If Calico Jack had once been lord commander, why had Lain - most recent lord commander and her sword tutor, not spoken of the events or even mentioned the now turned pirate? She felt nearly another prick of betrayal, as she had thought their relationship had been closer than that. But perhaps he just hadn't thought it worthwhile, and perhaps he believed the tales told about the man.

She sighed, rising a bit so as to take her chest a bit more out of eyesight, turning slightly to glance out the windows and to the sea which rose and ebbed. Turning her head again, she offered a smile, one not calculating or sarcastic. "It seems we are both the victims of betrayal and charged with crimes we did not commit."

Then the smile was gone, replaced by a raised eyebrow and a smirk as she glanced once again toward Kendra "if you still don't like the bargain, tell me what your desire is, and perhaps I will wager with you. It seems the game is one you enjoy... perhaps I can learn it as well."
"Your highness, honor and justice prevents me from letting you form the wrong idea about Sir Henry Morgan, it would be unfair on the man, despite our personal frictions and differences . He is indeed a very honourable man, few fine and loyal and committed as he is, but he is also too gullible sometimes, too righteous at other times too. He has not actually committed any crimes. He just lacks sufficient interest in finding the truth beyond line of duty or the motivation to question given orders and the motives behind them" muttered Calico

"I bet it was the scribe, lord Tron Pentre, who poisoned the king and placed the blame on you, princess" trailed off Calico quite certain of it "He is scheming like that, like a puppeteer using others to achieve his dubious goals without any blame falling on him" mused Calico watching Rufus already established with Kendra, drinking and gambling away and making bets

"Now... a full royal pardon for my men so that their names are cleared and they can peacefully return to their families, that would most certainly fit the bill, your highness, you're on" nodded Calico taking his captain hat and placing it upon her head "I am guilty of failure, my lady, I am sure my services are not required, it is indeed true that I didn't fulfill my given task, all in all, I failed to accomplish the emperor's quest to gather up all the storm seeds, thus I am not innocent as you are. Besides, Lain is good enough at the task" shrugged Calico.

"I wouldn't say no to a villa by the port, though, one close to the tavern and the docks, with access to a small ship... makes for a comfortable enough retirement" shrugged Calico

"Gambling is a fault I have acquired because of Rufus. One must keep the crew happy and loyal, bets, a few friendly scuffles and drinking rounds please them all at the end of the day" smiled Calico lightly.

Rufus burst out laughing at Kendra's dare surprised she would indeed take him on on even footing at that.

"My my... after all these years... at long last a proper woman with some understanding and taste, one well worth having for companion then. If it were not for your attire I would think you a pirate like the rest of us." grinned Rufus comfortably "Go on then... partner in crime... lady Luck and lady Rum are two scurry lasses I am quite happy to share with you, matey." chuckled Rufus downing his drink in one gulp as well and tossing the dice for the first time.

"11 on the first..." mused Rufus, shaking the dice harder and turning the pot upside down, keeping it covered to create the next figure but not raising the cup so as to not discover the new number until she had her first turn, looking at her side of the table and first round of numbers. The suspense of the unknown and waiting as exciting and tense as the thrill of the outcome.

rolled 3d6 and got 17

Kendra felt the fire in her heart as she grinned. She loved gambling, it was one of her favorite things to do when she made port after a large plunder. This was more than just any other gamble, it wasn't any other bet, it was more exciting than that. She bit her lip a bit at she stared at Rufus, taking the dice and sprinkling them back into the cup before shaking and spinning the cup.

"Well you shouldn't let attire deceive you, I might prove to be a pirate yet." She said with a wink, the littlest bit of a tattoo showing on her wrist as she turned the cup over onto the table, before it was quickly hidden again. She looked around as she pulled up the cup, a bit of a side glance towards Ryiah before looking back down at the table, surprised that her companion was making her own luck.

rolled 3d6 and got 8

Ryiah blinked as the hat was set upon her head. This had seemed far too easy. Was it all a test somehow? To see how foolish and naive she really was? She watched the pirate for a moment, her head tilted to one side. The feather of his hat falling comically to one side. "Lain may be a good a commander, but I doubt he could command a ship full of unruly men as you do." She said at long last, her gaze on the gamboling pair. Biting her lower lip, she stood and moved closer to Calico, her gaze focused solely on him once again. "You are not pardoned yet, sir," She placed the hat back upon his head, watching him with a half smile. "I will need your expertise with your men. They will not follow me. Despite my earlier words... which were I admit hasty and spoken in pride, I believe you should command for this voyage. We need the full cooperation of the crew."

She sighed, then gave him a roguish grin. "I think I need a few lessons other than politics and etiquette for a while. It may pay to have well rounded...abilities for what is coming. I am not worried about my reputation. I want justice done, for my father, and the empire. And now... for you. Perhaps before, your failure was merely because you did not have me at your side. For some reason my father believes I am key to this."

Standing she turned her back to him, the lowness of the dress already revealing a fair amount of skin, nonetheless she reached back amd pulled it just a hint lower - the few ebony scales gleaming in the lantern light and the crystalline light of the sea coming through the window. Turning back to the man she tried to gauge his reaction. "There is yet more mystery to this than I know.. I want to figure it out. To find out who... what.. I am. Perhaps there is no one better than you to have a my side right now." She grinned impishly, "because at least I know you aren't loyal to the traitors. You currently serve your pocket. And I think I am offering something worth having."

How had she arrived to this point? She couldn't understand it fully, yet somehow the fates had thrust them together. "I know you already have a Second, and I'm not sure where that places me - perhaps still as your slave. But I am willing to work with it for now." What would his reaction be to that?
"Your majesty, we are yours to command as you see fit, just name the destination and task and I´ll see it is done. It offends me that you would lower yourself to such a position, you are our guest of honor, trapped here for your own safety if you will, but free to roam as you please onboard your ship. What would that make of the rest of us scallywags if our royalty consider themselves slaves..." huffed Calico Jack

"Besides... Who do you take my crew to be, just any common bunch of unruly lawless treacherous cutthroats? We beat those at their game and beyond already just to keep our beloved realm safe from raiders from this side of the shore. These men they all have families to watch out for. Some have wives, sons and daughters, parents or siblings they rarely see. Our harsh work and harsher reputation ensures you safe trade routes that makes your cities and ports flourish; it ensures a steady supply of wealth and food and provisions, brings work for the families which keeps them safe and well provided for in our absence as well as the kingdom as a whole" muttered Calico gazing at the busy men on deck.

"Admittedly the men have taken quite a liking for the pirates ways, code and way of life and admittedly I let them deviate from honorable boundaries from time to time, the odd pillaging, plundering and raid here and there but overall there's honor among my pirates and thieves still. Ok, yes, we do have the odd cutthroat or two among us, take Prodius, for example, a pure breed of a pirate but those are needed to keep the ship in good working order and the slaves and crew subdued.

It somewhat offends me you could consider any of my men any less loyal to the crown than I am. We are your army still, your highness, the ones sworn to serve the emperor and ensure his return, preferrably getting something in return, of course.

We are loyal to our pockets of course, yet, no one works for nothing especially for this treacherous task at hand which is perillous and ungrateful work for sure. Come think of it, even when we were at the army, we had wages, the yearly balls and feasts, food parcels every season or so. None of that these days least we rob it...

But if the wise powerful druid warlock is true in his words, if Taff is not mistaken, should we gather the stones... will be able to ensure the return of the dragon emperor and you too can return to your true dragon form. Maybe then I shall earn favour in his majesty's eyes by serving you dutifully and be dismissed from duty with my honor intact for a change.

My men, nay your men, we will follow your command and so will the prisoners and slaves, albeit some defiance and minor exceptions due to rusty obedience, ruder manners and more rusty protocol." smiled Calico
Rufus stared attentive and narrowed eyed, if serious for a time, looking at Kendra then at her dice expectantly "We shall certainly see what you're made of lass, when we have our ball... either way..." grinned Rufus

"Hah! You've got an 11 too!" gleamed Rufus triumphantly, seeing the first round was even for the both of them thus accounted for very little. He lifted the cup to show up his second round.

"Well, well, well what have we got here... that's a very healthy 17 that we have here... odds are in my favour indeed, you have to try harder to woe lady Luck" grinned Rufus waving his palm over it to make it all the more obvious and attractive.

"What did you get this time?" quizzed Rufus watching her turn and waiting.

rolled 3d6 and got 10

Ryiah found that once again she was at a loss for words, it seemed no matter which tactic she tried she offended someone or made an error in judgement. With a sigh she wondered if she would ever get politics right. Right now, the idea of being a pirate, free to roam the sea as they pleased, was appealing greatly to her. Yet her responsibilities did not elude her. She glanced at Taff then, who had been silent but for his initial outburst, and narrowed her gaze slightly. He had given her very different impression of Calico Jack, as had Rufus when he spoke of her being at the masters pleasure earlier. She wasn't sure which account to believe. Yet for now she would go along with Calico Jack's words. Giving him the benefit of the doubt as he wanted.

"Fair enough," she murmered. "You will have your honor back, and much more, if we can live long enough." She paused, then shook her head with a grimace, watching the two play their game and wishing she understood it. Glancing back to Jack she moved impulsively toward him and touched his arm, leaning forward to plant a kiss on his cheek, reveling in the fact that there were no advisors here to remind her of decorum. A sly grin slid to her face as she shrugged, "honestly now that you are placing the men in my hands, I find myself slightly a fish out of water. I have expertise in giving orders, in using my sword, and in making decisions, yet I find I have no idea on how to lead these men. Will you help me, rather than awaiting my every order - as I am glad to be away from for the time being - give me advice, teach me. I want to learn how to be a pirate while I can. Perhaps partners?"

She tilted her head, feeling the need to add "I assure you there was no offense intended. You have no need to regain your honor in my opinion, as you still have it. Yet I understand. And I thank you." She glanced down at her dress before then flicking her gaze at Calico Jack. "I'm sure that we will understand each other better before the adventure is over." She wasn't sure she wanted a dragon form, but the idea was thrilling, and perhaps she could keep this softer and more feminine human form as well. She was growing more confident in it every day, and enjoying it to boot.

As the discourse was occuring, the evening slipped onward, the Nonesuch gliding gracefully through waters along her charted course. She was happy to be free again, too long had she sat idle among the docks. It mattered not to the ship who sailed her. The silence of the sea on this night was almost too peaceful, creating a feeling of ill will and foreboding - perhaps even among the men - as the evening turned to night. Stars could easily be seen overhead, hinting at worlds untraveled.

Slightly behind the ship and off to the left, gliding quietly in the wake, a green and blue sea serpent slipped through the water. It's evil eyes on the ship which had found its way into the serpents portion of sea. A days travel ahead lay the first island, and the first storm seed, yet perhaps danger was already seeking them out.
Calico Jack glanced at the sunset.

"You shall indeed by my guest of honor then" agreed Calico "You may have heard horrors at my hands and they are likely true, most of the time, it's either kill or be killed, especially among pirates, if your loyalty or authority is questioned. I have to keep a harder harsher side for the sake of survival, to keep my crew in line and the real pirates that sail these waters, well beyond the line of fear and respect. I have my reputation already built and well maintained, I assure you, plenty of blood at my hands and foul deeds to talk about" smiled Calico

"This sweet, respectful and compliant side of me, is only for your presence and only for your eyes" assured Calico Jack looking at Kendra and Rufus and watching her gaze at them. Calico grabbed his goblet, sipping his drink and watching the two pirates at their finest bets, focused on the task at hand.

"The gambling game is simple, you have a certain number of dice and you must throw it, each, in turn, raises the cup to discover the number, he who gets the highest overall result, by adding the three rounds wins" explained Calico seeing her puzzled look

"Careful now princess, pirate's ways are sometimes considered low class and a sinfully dishonest way of living with all that drinking and gambling and fighting but it is irresistibly addictive and somewhat contagious, keeps the day more lively, and the night lively too, people make dares and bets, from the silliest things like swapping socks and socks to the most daring ones too" chuckled Calico lightly

"Our ways wouldn't do for you in the royal courts BUT this is a pirate brigantine at present" warned Calico lightly letting her watch, with a warm smile on his face. "If you want to make bets, I never turn down a good offer, helps pass the time more cheerfully" smiled Calico sitting down and waving Taff to remove the food

"You sit down, state your bet, your winning terms, I do the same and we get started, pirates start by sharing a stiff drink to show a respectful and honorable side to signal that they will uphold the deal regardless of the outcome and, once the dice is cast, you must keep to your end of the bargain normally for a day, or until the deed and dare is done, which is often much shorter time" prompted Calico wondering what she could ask for or want, should she win

"I encourage my men to keep it daily, raises the spirits and keeps the crew busy throughout the day, thinking what they can offer and demand" smiled Calico

"So... what's the stakes this time?" grinned Calico letting the princess give it a try at the dices, placing two dice in a pot and offering it to her, taking up a cup with two dice as well

Perhaps a pirates ways would not be what she would use most often in court, but knowing their ways, their games, their codes, would definitely help her in ruling her people. Not only that, but it seemed that being betrayed and sent from her empire for a time, was also offering her a chance at real freedom, and taste of fun - before duty claimed her life. She could well understand how alluring and addictive the feeling could be. With a grin to Calico she watched the game, listening to the man explain it. It seemed simple enough.

Taking another sip of wine she settled back into her chair, considering the dice placed before her as she mulled over what she would wager. What she wanted , that was easy. "If you win, Pirate Jack" She used the term with the barest sliver of what could be interpreted as affection - or was it merely respect? You shall have the first true kiss of the heir to the empire, in view of your men - perhaps to bolster their regard for you." Her grin was impish, feeling a thrill in the betting. Was this what had Kendra so excited? She knew she had twisted the rules slightly, offering an idea for what Calico Jack might win - but if it wasn't to his liking, he would offer his own modified bet in return.

"If I win, on the other hand, you duel me. Your sword against mine. You say you were the lord commander before. Well I have been taught by one of those, and I think I may perhaps have skill to match your own." She wasn't proud at all, now was she? "If you win the duel, you will cross blades with me more often, until my skills do match your own." Her desire for prowess with the blade was nearly equal to her desire to honor her father's wishes - though perhaps in a different light. What better way to gain such prowess, than crossing blades with the finest and most notorious of pirates? After all, she would need to learn more than just the finer points of swordplay among gentlemen. She would need to know the dirty tricks as well.

It seemed there would be a duel from Kendra and Rufus no matter the outcome of their dice, why not add another duel to the list? Perhaps she'd be lucky at throwing dice. She then sat back a bit, ready for the stiff drink to be poured and the game to commence, feeling a thrill at the new experience.

Outside, the serpent slipped closer, quietly catching up to the ship who's sails were not filled fully with a cooperating wind. Sinuously, almost sensuously, the the serpent slid it's frame along the hull of the ship beneath the water, and out of eyesight of any watchful eyes, as if getting a feel for the ship, enjoying it, before it struck. It twisted, using it's small yet powerful front legs to catch slightly on the underside of the ship, allowing itself to hitch a ride for the time being, savoring the moment to come. It's body was fully as long as the ship itself, it's length full of crushing power. It had seen the death of many an unsuspecting ship, it's taste for the carnage growing with each. This one would be no different...

She glanced down at her dice and internally growled, but she didn't show it. Never show weakness, that was the way she lived her life. She shrugged a bit. "Nothing too good, but we shall soon see, just remember lady luck doesn't make up her mind easily." She said with a smirk, she didn't yet want to see what he wanted her to wear. She glanced over hearing Ryiah's idea, could the princess use a blade?

She shook her head, she needn't worry about that at the moment. "Although I feel that I shouldn't worry, no matter what this will be an interesting day." She said with a wink before rolling and picking up her cup to show the next number.

rolled 3d6 and got 12

Upon hearing Ryiah's proposition of fighting with Calico Jack, Rufus coughed, if half chocked on his drink, the sudden violent move knocking off his dices from the table

"Do you have a death wish, woman?! No one ever challenges Calico here. He has never been defeated for a very good reason... his swordsmanship is deadly, flawless and well beyond match, nevermind one day, a whole ten years won't get you to his level, trust me, I tried... not even I would consider taking him on" gawked Rufus at her dare

Then he returned his attention to his game and cringed, his callous move carried a penalty which prevented him from claiming his last move. He frowned displeased with himself to see his well earned 10 points disregarded, leaving him with just an 11 and a 17 by the end of the game.

"Sorry... my bad... got distracted there" winced Rufus, collecting the scattered dice and replacing the pot back onto the table to conclude the game, knowing he probably had just forfeit victory with such foolish move.

"Well seems lady Luck is indeed very fickle with me tonight, leaving you the clear winner of this first round matey, your 8 + 11 + 12 makes 31 whereas my 11 + 17 fall short at 28" recounted Rufus downing another drink

"I guess it's time to find out my new wardrobe uh?" teased Rufus with a light laugh at how quickly the tables had turned indeed, taking the defeat in good spirits as he always did

Calico looked at Ryiah surprised if not alarmed at her proposal, clearly, whoever educated the princess had left out almost all that was important.

"It is said that in the time of ancient dragons, there was a beauty who lived by the sea, a young woman bewitchingly beautiful. She was no common damsel though for beneath such human-looking, feminine figure of seeming innocent appearance there was a dragon dormant within with all its power and might.

As you may know, each dragon possesses power over a different element be it earth, water, wind or fire, alongside the ability to control it, but, among all of them dragons there was only one golden dragon which beheld the power over love, magic and immortality. She was what kept peace upon the realms and races and the other dragons alive and protected with her beating heart. Her name was Elektra. Some recall her to be a dragoness, others swear she was a mermaid, no matter what she may be the fact is that true dragons can change form as they please anyways and they can be at times charming and at times terrifying too.

Legend has it that whilst this Elektra walked the beach, a boy, a castaway who was tossed overboard from a slaver's ship, washed ashore and his almost lifeless body was deposited at her feet by the sea waves. She nurtured him carefully back to health and put him to work. The boy was found to be the worthiest human yet. He was noble at heart, loyal, honest, humble, sacrified and hard working, as well as extremely generous. Eventually, the more she knew him, the more she loved him. They lived together for a time, getting to know one another and she chose him over all other men, for a mate.

Obviously as a castaway collected from the waters, he was her slave, soon after, her best friend and companion and over time her true love. One fateful day, a group of treasure hunters and pirates reached the forgotten island where she lived and found her in its true dragon form. They knew dragons cannot be killed, but humans can, so they shot the boy who was bravely trying to protect her from them with little else than his bare hands and young stature.

As he lay mortally wounded, with an arrow through his chest, she sought help, she desperately begged the emperor dragon king to assist and heal the boy for only the royal family have power upon living flesh as its element. Your father barely glanced at the bleeding lad and refused outright.

"It is not for the races to mingle with one another" declared the royal, "Just say your farewells and let the human die, he is but a mortal slave, just a human after all... many live, many die, one less makes no difference" determined the dragon king in a callous move. At the time it must be noted that there was no empress, the king himself was young, bold, rash and at times unreasonably harsh. He was unaware of what love and compassion meant. He would have to learn the value of humans and such strong feelings, later on, the hard way.

Now... going back to the legend, Elektra grabbed the dying boy, she embraced and kissed him for the very first and last time. As their lips touched, her powers were given over to him entirely, keeping none for herself and cursing the youth to behold magic beyond understanding alongside immortality, a warlock many seek yet no one finds.

With her final breath, Elektra cursed the king and locked his powers within a human form which inevitably forced him to take up a human wife as per his own decree and words. This explains why a dragon king would eventually met your human mother, our empress and find true love and marry her. Come the morning, the dragon king was but a human, along with the rest of dragons too for they had disregarded a lower mortal race despite their higher inner nobility.

Upon the beach, all that was left from Elektra was the first storm seed, golden in colour, as golden as her generous heart ... or his... left by the sand besides an immortal yet young warlock, some say the most powerful sorcerer yet, though he often just calls himself a simple manservant" commented Calico throwing a meaningful glance at Taff.

"About these storm seeds, the golden one was given to the boy who generously returned it to the dragon king proving humans generosity beyond questioning. The boy pushed aside the fact the king would have left him to die and for his generosity he was given a position of trust, as the king's personal manservant. The rest of these gems were scattered across the sea. The king knew that least he found all of them and put them together, he would remain but a human, the very race he had disregarded with such contempt.

Over time he learned all about us and our qualities and his earlier misjudgment of our race, albeit a little too late. Each of these storm seeds is needed yet nobody knows for sure how many must be found to unbind the dragon king.

We humans want the curse lifted because then your royal family can heal our wounded and your kind wants it gone because they can get their true form and powers back, bring some peace upon nature, upon the realms and races.

As usual there are some who oppose this, the dark advisers who had heardened the king's heart in his youth. A brotherhood of nobles and scribes and dubious characters who seek to destroy peace to increase their own wealth and authority like lord Pentre. They will do all in their power and more to stop you and all of us from succeeding, turning friend against friend, summing mages to call upon foul weather, upon fearsome deadly creatures, send bandits and pirates on the promise of a hefty bounty, send forth the army too, call upon allies of neighbouring lands to have us executed if such was achievable. Do not be frightened, my men are well used to such hardships" smiled Calico not about to make it plain sailing when it was not.

"You, on the other hand, you have to be careful whom you will choose for a mate, madame, being dragonness yourself you must only kiss the one whom you truly love because such deed is binding for your kind. Should your beloved be wounded you will both share the wound and the pain and mayhap death. This is how the emperor was killed, they poisoned her instead of him and both paid the price, given their humanity" warned Calico

"Now all these things are told on a need to know basis, I needed to know because I was tasked with gathering these stones. You need to know because it is your duty to un-bind the king, yet it happened such long time ago, some cast it away as a myth or legend and no one but the warlock knows the full details" noted Calico watching as Taff simply and quietly left with the dirty crockery to go and do the washing up as usual

"Now... back to our dealings here, if I win, you will forfeit all weaponry and behave strictly lady-like as your position requires, you shall dress to my taste, hairdo included, you shall sing for me, you owe me a ball and I wish to gaze upon you as you change. Some say dragons make the most bewitchingly beautiful women after all..." trailed off Calico as cheeky as they come.

"If you win, I shall be your slave for a whole day, you get to give me any tasks you choose including what you asked for, running me ragged duel upon duel with intense training till you improve your overall skill throughout that day and night, if you feel up to it" remarked Calico raising an eyebrow at her wondering if she would accept before throwing the dice.

Kendra was obviously very happy to have won, yet she kept most of her composure and sat tall. "Indeed it is, the question truly is, do you look better in pink, or blue?" She asked her eyes dark and sadistic. "Although I'm more excited to cross blades with you than to put you in a frilly dress and have you prance around." She said with a chuckle. "Also, Lady Rum is my fine drink of choice." She said acknowledging the last part of the deal. "I also find her taste intoxicating." She said with a wink.

She then quickly turned to Ryiah and quietly said. "Are you sure about this, this is no simple price to pay for someone of you lineage." She said glancing at Jack. "Lady Luck as the man said, is very hard to woe." She did feel a bit concerned for the princess, betting something like this would surely impact how she saw herself in the future, sometimes those changes were not for the best. She carefully watched her, curious if she would truly agree to such terms.
"Well, you have a whole day and a whole night till sunrise, if it tickles your fancy... I can wear both, one after the other, as long as you don't make me dress like one of them army lads I'm settled..." smiled Rufus intending to keep the deal thus following her

"Whether with a dress or trousers I will still knock that sword off your hand missy, many a times, I might not be as good as Calico Jack notorious swordsmanship but I am still a tough one to take down" noted Rufus with a smirk

"Lady Rum and Lady Ale are two wenches that I kept below deck, in the cellar, and this is the key to their tempting chamber" noted the man taking a key from around his neck and giving it into her hand "A whole day and not an hour more" remarked Rufus baffled at his loss but making good on it

Ryiah found herself lost in the tale Calico Jack spun. Her father and mother had kept from her the true depth of who she really was. So this was her future, her legacy? She found it nearly overwhelming, yet exhilarating nonetheless. Her parents had told her time and again, that her blood was as royal as it came, that hers was a noble family, magic running deep at its core. They had left out the fact that her father was practically the essence of magic himself, along with the rest of dragonkind. What powers would she have?

Thoughts swam and circulated like a swift current through her head, and she did not miss the pirate's subtle glances at Taff before the manservant left. Her brows furrowed, wondering at the gaze.

When Calico Jack then spoke of her wager, the kiss, and how much such a thing would truly mean she felt heat rise to her cheeks at the thought, the flames only growing stronger as the man had the audacity to wager watching her dress. After it all, she found herself momentarily rendered speechless. This was eventually broken by the outburst from Rufus and she found a wide grin spreading across her lips. "How about 15 years?" She asked, "would I stand a chance then?" Ever since she could remember she had watched sword duels. And then, when she could hold one, she would clumsily swing a clunky wooden sword around nearly till her arm fell off and her mother pulled her back to lessons in exasperation. Once she reached eight years of age, her father had gifted her the sword she now had and assigned the lord commander to teach her to use it. They had been hard lessons , but it soon became evident she had a knack for such swordplay.

That wasn't to say Calico wouldn't beat her to dust with his own skill. She was certain he was at the very least, her match, probably more as Rufus said. She looked forward to finding out. Her gaze slid back to Calico Jack, the smile remaining and opened her lips to speak, but was cut off by Kendra's words. She looked to the woman, who herself had been drinking, gambling, and flirting with the other man and considered her words for what they were - a caution before diving headlong into something she couldn't back out of. Well, she probably earned the caution since she had gotten them on this adventure in the first place.

Finally, she turned back to Calico and lifted her chin. "I will accept all of your terms, but for watching me dress into what you choose." She paused, unsure if modifying his bet was allowed, then added with a sly smile, "you have to leave me something to wager later on, rather than betting it all now."

Lifting her goblet for him to fill, she waited to see if her own change in terms would be accepted. The thrill of this new game had her in its clutches, and she felt the excitement of it sparking in her amber orange hues.
"Very well I can hardly refuse your highness demands" yielded Calico.

He took the cup and threw the three dice, raising his cup to reveal the first of three rounds, wondering if luck was on his side or hers.

rolled 3d6 and got 10

With a grin, she took drink of whatever had been poured, just barely able to keep from coughing before snatching up her own cup of dice, shaking it and dumping it onto the table before her, cup covering it for now. Her stomach fluttered in anticipation and she stared at her cup, wondering what the dice would say.

With a glance to Kendra and Rufus she grinned, "I look forward to seeing such a spectacle as well." She murmered, referring to the upcoming dressing of rufus and the following sword duel.

Then, turning back to her own dice she revealed them, turning a grin to Calico Jack, eyes dancing. "Next round?"

rolled 3d6 and got 13
Lady Luck!

"My my what an lucky throw of unlucky 13" smiled Calico, purposely holding his cup down longer to keep her waiting a little bit and let the tension build up, the suspense adding thrill to the task.

He noticed her coughing at the strong rum and waved Taff to change their drinks to sweet wine instead, out of deference.

"Next time there's no talking me out of watching you dress and bathe" assured Calico with a smirk at her blushed cheeks "Taff is right after all, I do have tendency to selfishness from time to time... whether it will be behind closed doors or on deck for all to enjoy that remains to be seen. Delays to the captain's wishes do carry a minor penalty after all..." trailed off Calico

"Let's see what the fickle lady Luck gets me this time, 10 was less than impressive" muttered Calico staring down at his dice to see what new number he would get

rolled 3d6 and got 12

"Perhaps I shall make 13 its own luck, poor number, has a bad rap. You see. .. even if I lose here, I can always make my own luck. But I won't lose of course." Her grin settled on Calico briefly after rising from his first throw. Glancing at the other two to observe whatever they were getting into, she then glanced back down at her own cup.

Would she soon be giving upbher beloved sword, even if temporarily? The thought a trickle of worry, then a thrill of excitement at it all - that had been the hardest to wager.

When her drink was exchanged she felt a bit of relief, but her smile was a bit chagrined. "Not used to that," and added valiantly, "but it had a nice flavor!" Sipping her wine once again she tried to cover her blushing with the goblet, lingering slightly before setting it down. Imagining herself on deck, surrounded by a crew of oggling pirates, bathing ... was an image she would never forget. Well then, she just couldn't lose - ever. Her smile turned determined, and she gave the pirate a lofty shake of her head. "Perhaps you shouldn't wish for such, else you be disappointed."

Rolling her dice once more she this time kept her cup on the table until Jack had rolled as well, raising an eyebrow. "At the same time." She stated, waiting for him be fore lifting her own cup, breath caught.

rolled 3d6 and got 7
Lady Luck!

Kendra smirked at Rufus. "You under estimate me, that's fine, you'll learn not to." She said with a sly grin. As she watched Ryiah drink she couldn't help but try to hold back a laugh, this was so different from the princess she expected. "I learned how to fight from someone I knew who was like you Captain, only he didn't play with his guests, I had to bait him for weeks before I could even get let out of the brig." She said with a grin. "Ahh the old days."

She kept chuckling. "I would hardly let you wear a dress while we danced, I won't be wearing one after all, there's a lot of footwork to keep up with, and I can't be focused on staring at your charming figure in frills." She said with a wink, still watching Ryiah gamble. She was beginning to like this girl more and more, she had fire, that was something the two of them both shared.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus